Official trade thread/buy-out market 20-21 edition

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Re: Official trade thread 20-21 edition 

Post#301 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:47 pm

lazybatman wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Kuzma was at 21ppg on the year when he got to start when the two guys he shared a position with most the time missed a game in Bron and AD. He shot over 50% in his starts and we went like 7-2. He had no camp, got hurt the first time ever, and still averaged double digits off the bench despite losing 8 minutes and 5 shots a night without ever knowing if he would close or not. I mean we literally made him a swing at all star break when we singed Kieff and he took to guarding the wings of other teams and posted positive numbers. His technique wasn't good, but hiss results were. In round one he had the second best defensive numbers on the team behind Caruso. He was a positive defender versus Houston. And yes we all remmeber him fouling MPJ but we ignore in the actual matchup Kuzma outscored MPJ and held him to the the lower percentage in their one on one encounters. And he had the best defensive numbers of everyone including AD and Bron vs Jimmy in the finals. He even shot 50% from three in the bubble and playoffs out the right corner which people ignore. And for what it is worth Kuz's d rating improved by almost 5 points last year and he had never been coached to play defense short of Pop and Team USA before Vogel last year, on top of playing small 4 most the year before he found a spot he could defend well at the wing

Would I rather see Kuz have an 18 point average with a bunch of 20 and 30 point games? Would I rather he hit 36-40% of hi threes on average? Would I rather he be in a perfect stance like Fox or Artest or Cooper? Hell yeah!!! But he is still more valuable than Rose, half the cost, better defender, better size, and you control his rights.

And I never get why people try to gloss that over with Rose. NY media was getting to him and he went missing and that was one of the reasons they got rid of him. He admitted playing in Cleveland with Wade and Bron was hard, left the team, and got psychological help because of the stress. So you go put LA media, LeBron, LAker fans, and title expectations on him and not expect him to crack up?

I think he would have been a Clipepr, Laker, Sixer, Rocket, or Celtic last year if he did not tell Detroit do not trade me or buy me out, but he was offered an out just like Markieff

Idk if you wanna trade Rose for Kuz or not after this post. I don't see either fit very well on this Lakers side, which needs shooting and elite wing defense.

I wanna trade Kuz for a valuable piece before the trade deadline so we are not stuck with his trade negotiations next summer. D-Rose is not that piece. Kuzma's effort on defense is appreciable, but you want a plumber to fix your pipes, not a electrician who tries really hard.

Kuz is not a top 5 efficient scorer on this reloaded team now(Bron, AD, Schr, Trez, KCP), so the opportunity is only gonna decrease. His offense and defense are below average for the Lakers point blank, and unless his shooting improves drastically, it's not gonna change. If Kuz goes to NY, Chicago, etc and lights it up for 20+ points, he will get a 15-20m contract somewhere pretty easy. We get a PJ Tucker / Holiday kinda vet in return. Works for both.

If we push it under the carpet now, his value plummets even further, as he turns 26 years old and all that hope and excitement about his "potential" dies a slow quiet death.

You both made great arguments. I'm afraid it's just a case of bad fit. Lakers really believed he will pan out that it probably caused them extra picks so they don't throw him to the AD deal. I really thought teaming him up with the veteran Rondo would unleash his potential but...
I think the options are not that many in terms of getting young players who can really help this team, maybe look at other youngsters who also have yet to blossomed. Guys like Kevin Knox or Malik Monk. I like Anfernee Simon from the Blazers but I don't know if the Blazers would even let him go for Kuz, unless they envision him working well with Dame and CJ.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#302 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:15 pm

ROballer wrote:Kuzma and McKinnie for Jarrett Culver.

Minnesota has a glaring hole at PF and has too many wings now with Beasley, Edwards, Okogie, Layman, Culver and D'Angelo who will play the two with Rubio on board.

Culver had a dreadful offensive season as a rookie but this kid is an absolute defensive stud. He shot the ball well from 3 in college so there is potential there.
He's the wing defensive stopper that we need.

We'll lose Kuzma for nothing at the end of the season, that's a given. And he's expendable with the resigning of Markieff.

Culver is on his rookie contract for another 4 years basically.
He has a team option after each year, if you absolutely know you're getting a superstar in FA and need the extra money you can get rid of him(Kuzma is gone if we keep him anyway, so you don't lose nothing from the trade), if not he's still got 3 years on his rookie deal.

I like it.... I also suggested kuz and bell for bane and tillman

Maybe we do tillman and mckinney for culver....

OR go with yours ask for a a couple 2nd round picks..flip them with mckinney for bane and keep bell
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#303 » by lazybatman » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:50 pm

Hire him, just for the wrestling :lol: :lol: :lol:
Read on Twitter
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#304 » by Spanish_Laker » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:46 pm

What is Anthony Davis waiting for? Is it really relevant what Giannis does?
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#305 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:00 pm

Yeah I hope AD signs w the lakers. I'm having some concerns now.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,025

Post#306 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:57 pm

Beethoven wrote:Yeah I hope AD signs w the lakers. I'm having some concerns now.

That he’s about to jump ship to some team without cap?
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#307 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:30 pm

Just curious, can the Lakers actually trade the Deng contract?
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#308 » by DNP-Old » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:37 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:Just curious, can the Lakers actually trade the Deng contract?

No
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#309 » by Kilroy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:36 am

Spanish_Laker wrote:What is Anthony Davis waiting for? Is it really relevant what Giannis does?

Assuming the fact Rich Paul knows everything, and judging from what we've seen so far, I think that's a pretty safe bet...

It would seem like there's really only 2 possibilities...
1. Giannis is actually interested in jumping ship to LA, and they're working out the details of either a full on mind blowing trade (like Unicorn-Riding-a-Mermaid-over-a-rainbow-into-a-leprechaun's-pot'o'gold unlikely), or just both Giannis and AD's contracts...
2. Or, they're just throwing a scare into the rest of the league and letting them believe that may be the case... Because all things considered, if AD has only one signing place, it really doesn't matter when he signs...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#310 » by lazybatman » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:05 am

Not worried about AD coming back at all..

Lebron's got a good relationship with Jeanie and Pelinka, unlike Riley and Dan Gilbert. Almost certainly would've seen Rich Paul drag the KCP signing out into the season and got him a 60m kinda deal out of the Lakers' nose otherwise.

I think they're all in cahoots about whatever the f*ck this is. Been a bit wierd we haven't tied up the reserve spots after the flurry of moves at the beginning of the window. Does AD taking less money move the needle for anything?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#311 » by TyCobb » Thu Dec 3, 2020 4:57 pm

Read more, learn more, change your posts.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#312 » by lazybatman » Thu Dec 3, 2020 5:14 pm

Read on Twitter

Fantastic!!
Atlaker41
Ballboy
And1: 2

Final need- trade deadline crystal ball 

Post#313 » by Atlaker41 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:07 am

Barring injury - let’s predict trade deadline pickup.

My prediction - rim protecting/rim running/pick setting center to give 10 mins against early round big centers
(Lakers will miss Dwight more than we think)
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Re: Final need- trade deadline crystal ball 

Post#314 » by stan francisco » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:14 pm

Trez for Noël, like Dmagic just suggested. This to improve defensively and get bigger down low. We have enough offense. Trez is a very tradable player.

I hope they waive Ariza. We sure could use a poised 3D wing veteran like him for whenever Matthews isn’t switchable enough (PG13/KL/Batum).

I know, we have THT. But against some teams you need greatness in layers to win a series. I’d love to see him retire a Laker in his home town.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#315 » by BEazy » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:33 pm

I wouldn't give up Trez. I really think we need to cut ties with Kuzma. He's had so many chances to take that 3rd scorer role and he has proven he's not worthy of it. Schroder comes in and instantly takes that spot with only 4 games under his belt. This board vastly overrates Kuzma and I know they'll get upset when he's gone, but IMO Kuzma is the most expendable player on this roster and we can get a really good C for him.

This trade will also free up minutes for THT, which is what Vogel and staff are trying to do.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,115

Post#316 » by Dr Aki » Fri Jan 1, 2021 12:10 am

Need a big defensive wing

I really wanted Batum
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#317 » by Beethoven » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:23 am

Batum will suck for them later in the season.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#318 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:23 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:I wouldn't give up Trez. I really think we need to cut ties with Kuzma. He's had so many chances to take that 3rd scorer role and he has proven he's not worthy of it. Schroder comes in and instantly takes that spot with only 4 games under his belt. This board vastly overrates Kuzma and I know they'll get upset when he's gone, but IMO Kuzma is the most expendable player on this roster and we can get a really good C for him.

This trade will also free up minutes for THT, which is what Vogel and staff are trying to do.

I agree, however we can’t trade him this year. The time to be able to trade an extended player is after the trade deadline this year due to Covid.
Forum permissions