And1: 9

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#281 » by HotShots » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:56 pm

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#282 » by DarkXaero » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:08 pm

Good interview by Marks today, its more honest than what would be expected, while at the same time maintaining his position.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#283 » by Paradise » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:44 pm

Read on Twitter
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#284 » by StepBackCrack » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:51 pm

I just feel bad for Harden in this situation after all what he did to their franchise. He didn't choose this owner. Rockets clearly don't want to contend anymore and their owner is the worst. Unfortunately that means Harden will have to spend a whole season unhappy with the Rockets before getting traded. Nets still should keeps their assets for him before the next trade deadline but yeah, most likely, Rockets won't grant his wish and they might regret that later because his value will be less I believe or their lockeroom will be a huge mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#285 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 pm

Teshima Junta wrote:I just feel bad for Harden in this situation after all what he did to their franchise. He didn't choose this owner. Rockets clearly don't want to contend anymore and their owner is the worst. Unfortunately that means Harden will have to spend a whole season unhappy with the Rockets before getting traded. Nets still should keeps their assets for him before the next trade deadline but yeah, most likely, Rockets won't grant his wish and they might regret that later because his value will be less I believe or their lockeroom will be a huge mess.

The problem is, the only assets that we really have are LeVert and future 1sts. Dinwiddie is an expiring and Allen will be a RFA. I've given up on this even happening.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#286 » by StepBackCrack » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:42 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Teshima Junta wrote:I just feel bad for Harden in this situation after all what he did to their franchise. He didn't choose this owner. Rockets clearly don't want to contend anymore and their owner is the worst. Unfortunately that means Harden will have to spend a whole season unhappy with the Rockets before getting traded. Nets still should keeps their assets for him before the next trade deadline but yeah, most likely, Rockets won't grant his wish and they might regret that later because his value will be less I believe or their lockeroom will be a huge mess.

The problem is, the only assets that we really have are LeVert and future 1sts. Dinwiddie is an expiring and Allen will be a RFA. I've given up on this even happening.

Yeah, Nets fans shouldn't count on this trade at all. It's not happening unfortunately. Maybe a tiny tiny chance by the trade deadline if Rockets can't handle a cancerous lockeroom due to Harden being very unhappy. But yeah, gotta roll with the current roster unfortunately.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#287 » by therealbig3 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:49 pm

Dinwiddie as an expiring is a valuable asset imo, especially for a rebuilding team that's looking for cap relief. If not, I'm sure there are teams around the league that would love to have a player like Dinwiddie for a late-season push, and are willing to give up a 1st rounder for him. Or, a team that's looking for cap space and is willing to trade someone with 2 years left making similar money to Dinwiddie. That gives us an expiring contract to trade for the next season.

Allen being a RFA means that whoever has him can easily retain him long-term and can lock in a 22-year old center on the cusp of being an All-Star, OR can sign and trade him for more assets. There will definitely be people interested in Allen and are willing to give up legit assets for him, so he's still a really valuable piece. The fact that he's a backup this season though hurts his value.

But still, I don't see how our "assets" lose all that much value if we wait til the deadline. Whether we trade them now or later...Dinwiddie is still seen as an expiring contract, Allen is still seen as a RFA, and Levert is still the main piece in the deal in terms of someone being there long-term.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#288 » by DarkXaero » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:02 am

therealbig3 wrote:Dinwiddie as an expiring is a valuable asset imo, especially for a rebuilding team that's looking for cap relief. If not, I'm sure there are teams around the league that would love to have a player like Dinwiddie for a late-season push, and are willing to give up a 1st rounder for him. Or, a team that's looking for cap space and is willing to trade someone with 2 years left making similar money to Dinwiddie. That gives us an expiring contract to trade for the next season.

Allen being a RFA means that whoever has him can easily retain him long-term and can lock in a 22-year old center on the cusp of being an All-Star, OR can sign and trade him for more assets. There will definitely be people interested in Allen and are willing to give up legit assets for him, so he's still a really valuable piece. The fact that he's a backup this season though hurts his value.

But still, I don't see how our "assets" lose all that much value if we wait til the deadline. Whether we trade them now or later...Dinwiddie is still seen as an expiring contract, Allen is still seen as a RFA, and Levert is still the main piece in the deal in terms of someone being there long-term.
Dinwiddie might very well be a target for contenders or playoffs teams next offseason, and many of them won't have the cap to outright sign Dinwiddie. This would allow Houston (or whichever team) to sign & trade him for assets. So that is something worth keeping in mind. Also if Schroder's expiring can get a late first, Dinwiddie has more value than Schroder.

And Allen being a restricted free agent is not a big deal at all, whoever gets him can retain him if they want. That being said, with Wood & Cousins signings, I don't see Rockets being interested in taking Allen now.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#289 » by DarkXaero » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:41 am

FWIW, Harden has been in NYC...

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#290 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:09 am

Are the Rockets really going to bring Harden back after trading Covington and looking like they want to rebuild?

They will probably end up trading Westrbrook too to one of these bottom feeder Eastern teams.

At that point its either take our offer or Philly's. I think if Philly really wanted to trade Simmons they would have done it already. From my perspective it doesn't make sense.

Simmons is 24 and locked up for 5 years. They have never supported those two with a good coach and the right supporting cast. Why not give it a go instead of going for Harden someone who has often faltered in big moments?

The only other option is to trade Harden to a random team. But who would that even be? Miami maybe? Toronto? Boston? Seems like those teams wouldn't want to give up major assets for a player who might bolt in 2 years. Or worse demand a trade next off season.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#291 » by gigantes » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:24 am

Interesting situation for sure.

Historically, with competent teams, when a player signals they want out, it's typically the last straw in a long line of last-straws. To try to play hardball from there usually paints the team as an under-achieving bunch of nincompoops, poorly able to understood how to negotiate in the first place. Usually! But in a way, this shizzle does seem to fit Fertitta.

Sucks for Harden and his agent, in that way.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#292 » by Papi_swav » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:43 am

For all Harden has done for that franchise, just give him his wishes and trade him to us. Start a full rebuild from there.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#293 » by therealbig3 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:47 am

DarkXaero wrote:FWIW, Harden has been in NYC...

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Ugh, I can't help but get excited about the possibilities, even though logically I know it's still somewhat of a pipe dream that it actually happens.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#294 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:38 pm

This is HIGHLY intriguing.

It would seem to be a preparatory move, so that a press conference could occur immediately since the quarantine period has already been fulfilled. Oh, this would be a dream.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#295 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:10 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:This is HIGHLY intriguing.

It would seem to be a preparatory move, so that a press conference could occur immediately since the quarantine period has already been fulfilled. Oh, this would be a dream.

Training camp begins December 1st. I'm not confident in this happening at all.

DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#296 » by DarkXaero » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:42 pm

Correction: The footage is from last year, the skills coach posted it on IG account last night, but he used old footage. Harden might have still been in NYC going by the other thing, but maybe unlikely.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#297 » by thenbaman » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:01 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
stormi wrote:So y'all are pretty much out of the running / a fear-mongering source to squeeze better assets from other teams? I think Fertitta would rather go bankrupt than trade James Harden for a package centered around Caris Levert

In reality, Fetitta would rather go bankrupt than trade him to Morey after he snaked him.

Your GM literally said he was stepping away to spend time with his family. And then 2 weeks later signing with the Sixers and prevented the Rockets from getting any compensation.

You think Fertitta wants to reward him James Harden?

Keep dreaming.

Harden is no reward,lol
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#298 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:34 pm

DarkXaero wrote:Correction: The footage is from last year, the skills coach posted it on IG account last night, but he used old footage. Harden might have still been in NYC going by the other thing, but maybe unlikely.

Mods please lock this thread.

DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#299 » by DarkXaero » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:41 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Correction: The footage is from last year, the skills coach posted it on IG account last night, but he used old footage. Harden might have still been in NYC going by the other thing, but maybe unlikely.

Chill out :lol: :lol:
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#300 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:34 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Please step away from the ledge, friend, it's really not that serious.

If Houston refuses to comply with James' wishes, or trades him to another team, oh well, we shot our shot. I don't see the opportunity cost of waiting for the Rockets to agree in the same way as you. I don't feel it cost us RoCo, we were not going to outbid Portland. Ibaka would have been nice IF we had traded Allen, but he wouldn't have been happy sharing time with DJ and Jarrett. He also wasn't likely to take such a severe paycut to come to us.

We're in a solid spot. Huzzah.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets