ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1021 » by stellation » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:38 am

SupremeHustle wrote:This show is going to be amazing. Heard the scripts are fire.

Read on Twitter

As Mr. Mercer kicks the door in, the Mystery Woman flicks the switch on her remote control, and the whole building blows up. Jake and Colin get up and brush themselves off.

COLIN
It's almost nine o'clock. We gotta go to work.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,337

Post#1022 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:12 pm

Getting my first 4K HDR TV in a couple of weeks. What I've seen from friends TV's it's going to be pretty damn great.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#1023 » by crkone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:27 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Getting my first 4K HDR TV in a couple of weeks. What I've seen from friends TV's it's going to be pretty damn great.

Here you go. Add it to your watch list. It's hard to look away the first time you watch anything in 4K.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1024 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:29 pm

crkone wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Getting my first 4K HDR TV in a couple of weeks. What I've seen from friends TV's it's going to be pretty damn great.

Here you go. Add it to your watch list. It's hard to look away the first time you watch anything in 4K.

Nice. I have Prime so that's great. I wish Packers/Bucks/Brewers were in 4K
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#1025 » by crkone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:33 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
crkone wrote:

Nice. I have Prime so that's great. I wish Packers/Bucks/Brewers were in 4K

EDIT: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/4k-live-sports-and-events-schedule-updated-11-18-2020.3006930/

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#1026 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:34 am

Rewatching Chappelle show on Netflix and the second season is just brilliant. Show really holds up the test of time 16 years later. **** belongs in the Smithsonian.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,009

Post#1027 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:15 pm

Read on Twitter
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,874

Post#1028 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

**** my life, are you kidding me? That sucks.

Given the amount of books left to cover and the successful transition to Amazon I just assumed this would go on for awhile.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1029 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:11 pm

It's awesome man, welcome to the club. Do you have a specific one picked out yet?
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1030 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:15 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:

It's awesome man, welcome to the club. Do you have a specific one picked out yet?

I bought a 75" Sony. Mid priced one. OLED would have been nice but I was wasn't willing to shell out the cash. I won't have it set up for another week or so.
ChubsHarrison
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#1031 » by ChubsHarrison » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:17 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Donkey Balls
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1032 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:21 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:

I bought a 75" Sony. Mid priced one. OLED would have been nice but I was wasn't willing to shell out the cash. I won't have it set up for another week or so.

Yea, larger screen and OLED are my next upgrade (currently have a 55"). Sonys are real nice though. Great choice.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#1033 » by Iheartfootball » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:48 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Rewatching Chappelle show on Netflix and the second season is just brilliant. Show really holds up the test of time 16 years later. **** belongs in the Smithsonian.

I guess they just pulled all the seasons because CBS Viacom never asked Chapelle permission to license them to Netflix. Bummer, I was looking forward to them this weekend. I don't blame Dave, pay the man first.

Read on Twitter
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#1034 » by HurricaneKid » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:52 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Rewatching Chappelle show on Netflix and the second season is just brilliant. Show really holds up the test of time 16 years later. **** belongs in the Smithsonian.

I guess they just pulled all the seasons because CBS Viacom never asked Chapelle permission to license them to Netflix. Bummer, I was looking forward to them this weekend. I don't blame Dave, pay the man first.

Read on Twitter
Holy ****. Imagine selling something you had no right to sell. I hope DC gets his bag.

I have also been going through a rewatch and only had a few to go. And despite the world changing mightily it seems almost more prescient now than it was then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#1035 » by Lippo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:41 am

Yo, give Warrior a try on Cinemax, it’s a martial arts version of Gangs of New York, but in SF.... think fans on Banshee will like the violence....
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,069

Post#1036 » by MissKhriddleton » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:01 am

GF and I started watching the Umbrella Academy as we had nothing else to watch and we both think it’s really good. Like Watchmen Lite.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1037 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:12 am

Lippo wrote:Yo, give Warrior a try on Cinemax, it’s a martial arts version of Gangs of New York, but in SF.... think fans on Banshee will like the violence....

You should check out Into the Badlands.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1038 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:15 am

HurricaneKid wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:

Read on Twitter
Holy ****. Imagine selling something you had no right to sell. I hope DC gets his bag.

I have also been going through a rewatch and only had a few to go. And despite the world changing mightily it seems almost more prescient now than it was then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

They didn't have to pull it. It isn't Dave's property. They pulled it because he asked and he's got a standup comedy relationship with them.

I think it's **** he had it pulled, tbh.
otmshank1
Junior
And1: 416

Post#1039 » by otmshank1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:07 pm

Does anyone here use Spectrum TV's streaming service (TV Choice)? I'm physically sick at the thought of going back to cable but with Hulu dropping FSN I have no other way to watch the Bucks. Any recommendations?
I'm sober enough to know what I'm doing, and drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1040 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:28 pm

otmshank1 wrote:Does anyone here use Spectrum TV's streaming service (TV Choice)? I'm physically sick at the thought of going back to cable but with Hulu dropping FSN I have no other way to watch the Bucks. Any recommendations?

I'm switching to Spectrum this week. But not this particular service, just their regular cable (I have and love uVerse but have to switch due to circumstances beyond my control).

It looks like Choice is ala carte? You can pick any 10 channels for $24.99? Sounds like a decent deal if you can truly pick the channels you want.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks