ImageImageImage

Trade them before they get exposed next year, while their value is all-time high.

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,984

Re: Trade them before they get exposed next year, while their value is all-time high. 

Post#21 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:34 pm

goodboy wrote:
al bondiga wrote:
goodboy wrote:I like the enthusiasm but they would want Bam for sure. Including Tyler and more.

So nope
the only piece Houston could be interested in surely for somebody of Harden caliber is Bam+Tyler, but what if we give them JB and Duncan, nunn, ko???
I would do that if I was Houston and if I was Miami

I ain't letting go of butler, Idc how good harden is. Butler is proven to go far in the post season, harden not so much.

Plus he fits within our system to the T.

Alot of variables come into play. Harden/Bam would not be nearly as effective as Butler/Bam

In the biggest game of his life Butler put up 12 points, Harden would get killed for that and here Butler gets a pass. I would be more interested in having Harden and Butler play together. Seeing how AD wont even answer the phone from us and Giannis is looking more likely to stay maybe its a move to make. Herro and Bam with fillers for Harden.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Re: Trade them before they get exposed next year, while their value is all-time high. 

Post#22 » by goodboy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
goodboy wrote:
al bondiga wrote: the only piece Houston could be interested in surely for somebody of Harden caliber is Bam+Tyler, but what if we give them JB and Duncan, nunn, ko???
I would do that if I was Houston and if I was Miami

I ain't letting go of butler, Idc how good harden is. Butler is proven to go far in the post season, harden not so much.

Alot of variables come into play. Harden/Bam would not be nearly as effective as Butler/Bam

In the biggest game of his life Butler put up 12 points, Harden would get killed for that and here Butler gets a pass. I would be more interested in having Harden and Butler play together. Seeing how AD wont even answer the phone from us and Giannis is looking more likely to stay maybe its a move to make. Herro and Bam with fillers for Harden.

Harden wouldn't even reach the finals.

I don't mind getting harden, Bam/JB are untouchable in that scenario.

Unless it was a player like AD/Giannis
Bright
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,731

Post#23 » by RoyceDa59 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:40 pm

Hard to trade Herro that man has the ‘it’ factor. But I agree Harden is a superstar and those are hard to come by. Harden would love Miami and him/Jimmy/Bam is a Championship caliber trio.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Go Raps!!
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,716

Post#24 » by al bondiga » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:47 am

JB is a winner and a proven team player, Harden is Elite... the only one I might not trade for Harden is Bam, he is the kind of player the NBA can't do without, Irreplaceable
...we have to consider money , the only one who is up there and perfectly tradeable in my view, is Jimmy
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#25 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:02 am

goodboy wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
goodboy wrote:I ain't letting go of butler, Idc how good harden is. Butler is proven to go far in the post season, harden not so much.

Harden wouldn't even reach the finals.

I don't mind getting harden, Bam/JB are untouchable in that scenario.

Unless it was a player like AD/Giannis

Being unfair to Harden imo.

He was a Chris Paul injury away from finally making it.

He's not the reason the rockets havent made the finals.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,919

Post#26 » by carnageta » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Trading Butler for Harden is a fast-tract way of making sure no future star free agents ever sign with us again.

Even if we could trade Jimmy for Lebron, I’m confident Pat would not do it. The repercussions would be tremendous.
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#27 » by Shootit » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:07 pm

Trading Butler now is a non-starter. Suicide for Riley and his teambuilding and the culture of the Heat.

I'll be amazed if he also trades Herro unless the deal is lopsided in our favor.
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,716

Post#28 » by al bondiga » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:10 pm

I would be amazed if Riley could really get away with a trade of JB, BAM or hero and even throw in Duncan but if trades are to be made this is the time
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#29 » by Jedzz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:49 am

iamoti wrote:I donno about Harden, part of me feels like him and Jimmy would clash. Also im not so sure the value of Robinson and Herro will drop. Its not like their game is a fluke and they got hot.

I wouldnt trade both for Harden.

Sent from my SM-G975F using RealGM mobile app

I think you probably would have to contemplate it because that big three would be something.

But I think you are right that Herro and Duncan are for real. Does anyone think the playoff teams weren't taking them seriously by game 2 of each series? I saw defenders draped all over Duncan constantly. Herro is just a primed game IQ stud. Can't take that out of his head when it's already there. The only thing that could maybe happen to either of them is a bad case of the yips shooting.

I do wonder what the Heat's plan is even now, and even if they made a move like this, to be able to take on the Lakers' size issue. Bam was injured sure but I think your team might need some size/defense even if it's a depth guy. Could you roll out a Tacko like a jack in the box for opponents such as that?
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#30 » by Elnegron » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:30 am

Reading the comments am not sure if we being sarcastic or if you guys for real wtf?. I would only trade for harden if giannis signs the supermax and if he change his style of play like everybody touches the ball and no dribble bs while people look in the corner. If Houston wants to trade him, I don't see how pat over pays since he is fine right now with this team. You trade herro,Robinson, rights to Paul Ebola and 2 picks, take it or leave it. Nets package is full of free agents to be and in their mid 20s

Harden/dragic
Bradley/nunn
Jimmy/kz
Moe/precious
Bam/Leonard
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#31 » by Elnegron » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:33 am

Jedzz wrote:
iamoti wrote:I donno about Harden, part of me feels like him and Jimmy would clash. Also im not so sure the value of Robinson and Herro will drop. Its not like their game is a fluke and they got hot.

I think you probably would have to contemplate it because that big three would be something.

But I think you are right that Herro and Duncan are for real. Does anyone think the playoff teams weren't taking them seriously by game 2 of each series? I saw defenders draped all over Duncan constantly. Herro is just a primed game IQ stud. Can't take that out of his head when it's already there. The only thing that could maybe happen to either of them is a bad case of the yips shooting.

I do wonder what the Heat's plan is even now, and even if they made a move like this, to be able to take on the Lakers' size issue. Bam was injured sure but I think your team might need some size/defense even if it's a depth guy. Could you roll out a Tacko like a jack in the box for opponents such as that?
precious-bam :lol:
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#32 » by Jedzz » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:19 am

Elnegron wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

precious-bam :lol:

Didn't know heat got Precious. Tells you how close I follow the warmth.

Just head back to the playoffs and repeat what you did this last time. It was fun to watch.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#33 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:22 pm

Jedzz wrote:Just head back to the playoffs and repeat what you did this last time. It was fun to watch.

You say that like it's easy. Last season was a cinderella run. It's not easily repeatable. It's going to be a lot harder to do this time around, we won't be catching anyone by surprise.

I am 100% sure we will not reach the Finals again next year if we keep status quo.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#34 » by Jedzz » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:07 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Just head back to the playoffs and repeat what you did this last time. It was fun to watch.

You say that like it's easy. Last season was a cinderella run. It's not easily repeatable. It's going to be a lot harder to do this time around, we won't be catching anyone by surprise.

I am 100% sure we will not reach the Finals again next year if we keep status quo.

Because you are a glass is half empty sort of dude?

If you have changed personnel and lost anyone, that might easily be true. If the team from last year is fully intact, they've just proven they can beat a lot of teams by playing as a team. I know you lost a vet or two already. That alone can crumble everything I suppose. You could have gotten Giannis and even finished worse. It's all in how well the team works together in regard to what your team accomplished last season.
pmanzano
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#35 » by pmanzano » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:08 am

RoyceDa59 wrote:Hard to trade Herro that man has the ‘it’ factor. But I agree Harden is a superstar and those are hard to come by. Harden would love Miami and him/Jimmy/Bam is a Championship caliber trio.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Yeah, Herro would be the hard one for me to move from. But a superstar is a superstar.. I always like the idea of swinging for the fences, especially if you keep Bam and Jimmy in the mix.

Would Harden fit? I don't know.. But when you have a shot at legit stars, you give it a serious look. Masai swung for the fences with a disgruntled star and made history. You never know!
Find me on Twitter (@philipMANZANO) and Halftime (https://halftime.app.link/follow)! :)
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#36 » by Dr_Heat » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:56 am

:o
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,380

Post#37 » by DaddyCool19 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:39 pm

Wouldn't Jimmy most likely fight Harden, if the informations that have been leaked over the last days are true? I wouldn't trade for him with the culture you guys have.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#38 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:14 am

DaddyCool19 wrote:Wouldn't Jimmy most likely fight Harden, if the informations that have been leaked over the last days are true? I wouldn't trade for him with the culture you guys have.

If a deal gets done, you better believe Jimmy approved it with the front office.

And I also suspect Harden would need to say the right things to Pat if he wants to be here.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#39 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:35 pm

RIP 2020-2021 season.

Nets got Harden.

We won't be returning to the Finals this year, unless crazy injuries happen.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#40 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri May 28, 2021 4:03 am

Read my posts in this thread.

Someone tell the HEAT they have a genius fan in their ranks and should hire me as a consultant.

IF you want to point to one moment during this past year, that was crucial... was the James Harden situation.

We were destined to get exposed this year, I said as much. Last year was an obvious cinderella run. But all of it could have been prevented if we got Harden.

We should have offered Duncan Robinson, Tyler Herro, basically anyone not named Bam and Jimmy..... and same amount of draft picks. Those draft picks would be 29th-30th overall anyway if we had Harden-Jimmy-Bam, as we would have been locks for the Finals outta the Eastern conference for the next 3 years.

Instead we overvalued our guys and assets and didn't beat BRKLYN's offer.

Return to Miami Heat