ImageImageImage

Welcome Isaiah Joe

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Re: Welcome Isaiah Joe 

Post#41 » by Kobblehead » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:01 pm

He never had any 2pt attempts, even when healthy. 75% of his shot attempts across two seasons of play were three point shots.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#42 » by ankle420breaker » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:01 am

Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#43 » by Sixerscan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:50 am

ankle420breaker wrote:https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/19/sixers-have-no-g-league-plan-for-isaiah-joe-believe-hes-an-elite-shooter/

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app

There's probably not even gonna be a G League this year lol...
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#44 » by Kobblehead » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:23 am

NBA should get a 5 man practice squad if there's no G-League.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,799

Post#45 » by Negrodamus » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:21 am

Sixerscan wrote:
ankle420breaker wrote:https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/19/sixers-have-no-g-league-plan-for-isaiah-joe-believe-hes-an-elite-shooter/

I'd be shocked if there's no G League. Silver is doing everything he can to bypass the college process for one and dones. I feel like there's too much at stake for the G League to just bail for a year. Would completely turn off future classes after the immense talent they convinced to join the league this year.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#46 » by Sixerscan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:43 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:

I'd be shocked if there's no G League. Silver is doing everything he can to bypass the college process for one and dones. I feel like there's too much at stake for the G League to just bail for a year. Would completely turn off future classes after the immense talent they convinced to join the league this year.

I'm sure they'll figure out a way to get a slate of games for that draft pick showcase team, but I don't think you're gonna see many random Blue Coats/Red Claws games this year.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#47 » by LloydFree » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:33 pm

I think they're already preparing for no G-league. The 2-way players are going to be allowed on the roster for 50 games, right? There are only 72 games this season. Teams will have 17 players traveling with them for most of the season.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
davesilver
Junior
And1: 204

Post#48 » by davesilver » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:27 pm

LloydFree wrote:I think they're already preparing for no G-league. The 2-way players are going to be allowed on the roster for 50 games, right? There are only 72 games this season. Teams will have 17 players traveling with them for most of the season.

What will top prospects like Jalen Green and Kuminga do?
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#49 » by Sixerscan » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:01 pm

Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#50 » by Kobblehead » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:46 pm

So we have a small handful of shooters signed to low-figure, team-controlled contracts. Sound like good trade chips.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#51 » by LloydFree » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:19 am

Sixerscan wrote:https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/isaiah-joe-signs-3-yr-4-2-million-deal-2-yr-2-4-mil-guaranteed-with-the-76ers/

3 year deal first 2 guaranteed apparently

Wow. I guess the promise was real. I wonder how his agent made sure he fell to the 76ers. There were higher profile guys picked ahead of him (Nicco Mannion) settling for 2-way deals.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#52 » by Arsenal » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:22 am

Sixerscan wrote:https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/isaiah-joe-signs-3-yr-4-2-million-deal-2-yr-2-4-mil-guaranteed-with-the-76ers/

3 year deal first 2 guaranteed apparently

What happened to our old friend the Hinkie Special? 4 years of team control is better than 3! :nonono:
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#53 » by LloydFree » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:11 am

That contract looks like it's significantly more than the minimum. That means they had to use part of their TP exception to sign him. Mike Conley SR is a good agent.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#54 » by BullyKing » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:26 am

LloydFree wrote:That contract looks like it's significantly more than the minimum. That means they had to use part of their TP exception to sign him. Mike Conley SR is a good agent.

It's the years that are the giveaway. A minimum contract can only be for two years.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#55 » by the_process » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:03 pm

I like the fact they used part of the TMLE to lock up Joe.

That being said, that contract is not a
Hinkie Special. Joe shouldn't have been able to demand anything. If as part of his delegation, Morey left the contract negotiation to Brand... he needs to take that responsibility back :lol:

Seriously though, it's a smart signing and a good way to try and create an asset.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#56 » by LloydFree » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:15 pm

the_process wrote:I like the fact they used part of the TMLE to lock up Joe.

Hinkie Special. Joe shouldn't have been able to demand anything. If as part of his delegation, Morey left the contract negotiation to Brand... he needs to take that responsibility back :lol:

Seriously though, it's a smart signing and a good way to try and create an asset.

I'm sure the parameters for the salary were pre-arranged. It's probably what was promised to him if he refused to work out for, or provide medicals to other teams. Refusing to work out for teams is how everyone figures out guys have promises.

The dollar amount isn't bad. It's less than the slot for the 30th pick, but more than the rookie minimum.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#57 » by sixers hoops » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:36 pm

LloydFree wrote:I think they're already preparing for no G-league. The 2-way players are going to be allowed on the roster for 50 games, right? There are only 72 games this season. Teams will have 17 players traveling with them for most of the season.

Not sure if it’s old news, but I read a certain number of G-League team might have a smaller bubble in Atlanta.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#58 » by Sixerscan » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:58 pm

LloydFree wrote:

I'm sure the parameters for the salary were pre-arranged. It's probably what was promised to him if he refused to work out for, or provide medicals to other teams. Refusing to work out for teams is how everyone figures out guys have promises.

The dollar amount isn't bad. It's less than the slot for the 30th pick, but more than the rookie minimum.

It’s actually a fair amount less than what Shake got last summer, even if you account for the one fewer year.

Joe’s contract: 3-yr, $4.2 million deal (2-yr, $2.4 mil guaranteed)
Shake: 4 years/$6.9 million (3 years/$4.9 million guaranteed)

I’m guessing you need to give contracts more like Shake’s to get the 4th years now?
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#59 » by LloydFree » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:17 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

It’s actually a fair amount less than what Shake got last summer, even if you account for the one fewer year.

I’m guessing you need to give contracts more like Shake’s to get the 4th years now?

Shake's contract should be more. He wasn't a rookie. He had already played in the league and he had already dominated the G-league.

Isaiah Joe's deal is basically what a deal would be for a rookie 31st pick, less the 4th year team option, if there was a slot value assigned to the pick.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#60 » by Sixerscan » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:31 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
LloydFree wrote:I'm sure the parameters for the salary were pre-arranged. It's probably what was promised to him if he refused to work out for, or provide medicals to other teams. Refusing to work out for teams is how everyone figures out guys have promises.

Shake's contract should be more. He wasn't a rookie. He had already played in the league and he had already dominated the G-league.

Isaiah Joe's deal is basically what a deal would be for a rookie 31st pick, less the 4th year team option, if there was a slot value assigned to the pick.

Sure yeah.

Terry got 4 years from the Mavs, will be interesting to see what kind of money/guarantee he got.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers