Who will be the steal of the 2020 draft?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Who will be the steal of the 2020 draft? 

Post#21 » by Stillwater » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Catchall wrote:The Jazz think Udoka Azubuike is the next Shaq, so...

I will guarantee you he is not. Shaq was really good in the post and he was able to run like a wing. Azubuike will never be a good post player, he'll never be a good passer and he'll never be quick. That I can guarantee.

You cant guarantee that a freak of nature athlete cant be able to become a good post player when he is already a decent one or that he could become a good passer despite never showing he is close to that capability being a garbage man in college.
I guarantee you he will far exceed your low expectations for certain and as far as not being able to be quick he is easily as quick as Shaq who wasnt lol
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#22 » by karkinos » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:24 am

tre jones
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,244

Post#23 » by Catchall » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:55 am

Stillwater wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
Catchall wrote:The Jazz think Udoka Azubuike is the next Shaq, so...

I will guarantee you he is not. Shaq was really good in the post and he was able to run like a wing. Azubuike will never be a good post player, he'll never be a good passer and he'll never be quick. That I can guarantee.

You cant guarantee that a freak of nature athlete cant be able to become a good post player when he is already a decent one or that he could become a good passer despite never showing he is close to that capability being a garbage man in college.
I guarantee you he will far exceed your low expectations for certain and as far as not being able to be quick he is easily as quick as Shaq who wasnt lol

Some of these rolls and finishes are actually pretty impressive.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#24 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:39 pm

Azubuike is going to be a fine backup center. He will have limits, but I could see really great per 36 numbers from him. Like 8/8/1.5 in 18mpg sort of numbers. His FT% will limit him greatly in becoming more than a backup caliber guy but I would really be surprised if he cant excel in limited minutes.
namlede
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#25 » by namlede » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:58 pm

Homer pick, Theo Maledon. One of the most battle tested prospects out there, with good upside as a passer/shooter/defender.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#26 » by doordoor123 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:15 am

Its going to be Aaron Nesmith. He's going to be so good IMO. I think he's going to be a perennial all-star. The Celtics ran away with another steal of the draft.

He kind of stayed hidden in this draft, kind of like Donovan Mitchell when he was drafted. I really think he's going to be amazing. No one at his age has ever had the kind of skilled shooting as him. He also has great size, the potential on defense, and he wants to be great. I have so much confidence in this guy and the fact the Celtics took him made me believe in him more.
Thedragonking
Ballboy
And1: 50

Post#27 » by Thedragonking » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:32 am

It's going to be Deni!

His work ethic will make him reach his potential and improve his game fast.

Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#28 » by Roddy B for 3 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:27 pm

CalL wrote:Maybe unrelated, but could someone tell me why there was such a huge difference in the evaluation of Hayes and Maledon? I don’t know whether Hayes was overrated or Maledon was underrated, but for me they seem to be about equal athletically and Maledon seems to be a better 3-point shooter.

With these two i see a lonzo/lamelo type of difference. I see Hayes driving into the heart of the defense alot but Maledon initiating the offer from outside the three point line more.

I also see Hayes taking defense breaking threes (pull ups and step backs) Hayes wasn't very efficient last year at Ulm, but I believe he was an efficient three point shooter for France last year. And his ft% indicates he can become a good of not great shooter.

With Maledon I see a Derrick Fisher 3D guy who brings the ball up the court and can initiate plays but is more of a game manager than a dynamic play maker.

I can't remember Maledon measurements off of my head, but Hayes also looks like he'll be a good defender in the NBA.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,730

Post#29 » by gswhoops » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:07 pm

Saddiq Bey (19)
Tyrese Maxey (21)
Tyrell Terry (31)
Grant Riller (56)
Paul Reed (58)
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#30 » by Stillwater » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:40 pm

Was high on grimes upside and after he struggled at kansas and got td to houston i watched a lot of Houston before the pandemic and was left thinking Nate Hinton was the highest motor wing ive ever seen ...first off hes a rebounding machine but he impacted the game significantly on both sides with his hustle.
Clearly has a decent j handles proto wing build height length and is explosive. I think the upside was slept on .
Thats my steal if he gets the opportunity.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#31 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:52 pm

Stillwater wrote:Was high on grimes upside and after he struggled at kansas and got td to houston i watched a lot of Houston before the pandemic and was left thinking Nate Hinton was the highest motor wing ive ever seen ...first off hes a rebounding machine but he impacted the game significantly on both sides with his hustle.
Clearly has a decent j handles proto wing build height length and is explosive. I think the upside was slept on .

He’s the guy the Mavs signed right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#32 » by Stillwater » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:49 am

Mr B wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Was high on grimes upside and after he struggled at kansas and got td to houston i watched a lot of Houston before the pandemic and was left thinking Nate Hinton was the highest motor wing ive ever seen ...first off hes a rebounding machine but he impacted the game significantly on both sides with his hustle.

thats what I read. they know whats up
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#33 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:24 am

I think Paul Reed is gonna be an nba starter someday so I guess that's a steal at 58.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#34 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:41 am

Stillwater wrote:
Mr B wrote:

thats what I read. they know whats up

They loaded up on athletic defensive wings this off season.

amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,218

Post#35 » by amcoolio » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:20 am

Vernon Carey was supposed to be a top 5 pick before the college season, dropped 30 pounds after the season to get faster and he’s ripped, and has a shot to be the Hornets starting center...just saying
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#36 » by EMG518 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:20 pm

I want to add to my initial pick of Isaiah Stewart, I think Malachi Flynn will be as well.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,217

Post#37 » by SNPA » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:06 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:I think Paul Reed is gonna be an nba starter someday so I guess that's a steal at 58.

Agreed. I don’t get it. The teams must know something we don’t? How does that guy fall to 58? Makes no sense without there being more to the story.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#38 » by doordoor123 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:59 pm

SNPA wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:I think Paul Reed is gonna be an nba starter someday so I guess that's a steal at 58.

Agreed. I don’t get it. The teams must know something we don’t? How does that guy fall to 58? Makes no sense without there being more to the story.

I was listening to his interviews prior to the draft and I wasn't really impressed. Doesn't come off as a guy who has his stuff together or particularly smart, but I was also thinking there have been successful guys in the NBA with that kind of profile. He's a defender and if anything I think this is only going to push his defense to another level. With his frame and ability, I can't see him not having success.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#39 » by Patsfan1081 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:31 pm

It’s obviously Yam Mader. In five years Yams and Tacos will be all the rage in Boston! I know I said James Young, JR Hunter, Carson Edwards, JuJuan Johnson, and Fab Melo were going to be steals also but......I don’t know, there’s just something about a guy named Yam that says “future star”.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#40 » by Patsfan1081 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:33 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
SNPA wrote:

I was listening to his interviews prior to the draft and I wasn't really impressed. Doesn't come off as a guy who has his stuff together or particularly smart, but I was also thinking there have been successful guys in the NBA with that kind of profile. He's a defender and if anything I think this is only going to push his defense to another level. With his frame and ability, I can't see him not having success.

Didn’t he have the worst cone drill out of everyone? I mean you couldn’t even beat out Azibuke?

Return to NBA Draft