Image ImageImage Image

Lauri:' I can make the comeback'

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Lauri extension?

Don't want to see one happen - let him show me more first
33%
4 years/$40M-$50M
18%
4 year/$50M-$65M
23%
4 years/$65M-$80M
18%
4 years/$80M+
5%
Other (explain)
3%

Total votes: 122

Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,315

Re: Lauri:' I can make the comeback' 

Post#221 » by Mbrahv0528 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:30 pm

Dez wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:
Dez wrote:
No he wasn't and no it didn't.
Yes he was and yes it did.

Sent from my SM-F707U using RealGM mobile app

Lauri hasn't eclipsed Niko at all and hasn't looked like an All Star.
You're misreading his post. At one point both of those statements were true and that's what the poster was referring to.

SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,142

Post#222 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:27 pm

Mbrahv0528 wrote:
Dez wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:Yes he was and yes it did.

Lauri hasn't eclipsed Niko at all and hasn't looked like an All Star.
You're misreading his post. At one point both of those statements were true and that's what the poster was referring to.

lauri at his best was never better than niko in any facet (except being tall) and lauri was put in a better position to succeed by management and coaching. i really feel for niko, his career would have been much different had bobby never broken his face. even if the stats don't make it abundantly obvious, the bulls were a better team when niko played. even the pelicans were a MUCH better team when he replaced cousins.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 740

Post#223 » by Hold That » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:19 pm

Hopefully we don’t trade him on draft day, he’s more likely to improve his value than Wendell at the start of the season, and we can get more for him trade deadline or next yearS draft, rather than throwing him in as a complimentary piece, we can use him as a center piece in a trade.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#224 » by erlim » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:10 am

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:
Dez wrote:Lauri hasn't eclipsed Niko at all and hasn't looked like an All Star.

lauri at his best was never better than niko in any facet (except being tall) and lauri was put in a better position to succeed by management and coaching. i really feel for niko, his career would have been much different had bobby never broken his face. even if the stats don't make it abundantly obvious, the bulls were a better team when niko played. even the pelicans were a MUCH better team when he replaced cousins.

I don’t feel sorry for Niko, he’s living like a king in beautiful weather in a world class costal mediterranean city. Definitely DEFINITELY nicer than Milwaukee or Salt Laker city or wherever was offering him a contract.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#225 » by Indomitable » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:47 pm

PhilLeotardo wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:
PhilLeotardo wrote:

That is a totally broad & unfounded assumption. You’ve got no idea what they’re feeling or thinking, no one does. For all we know, they want everyone except Cobi/WCJ/Gafford gone

AKEVS aren’t stupid, and Markkanens flaws are clear as day. Sure, Boylin misused him & set him back, but he’s never going to be fast enough to be a true multi-faceted weapon in the NBA, nor a competent defender, and he doesn’t possess Joker-esque vision that would be needed to make up for his physical & athletic deficiencies

You may be right, but everything you typed could also be utter nonsense. AKEVS aren’t PaxGar, they aren’t concerned with egotistical crap. They won’t keep an inferior player just to prove some nobody that doesn’t even work for the franchise anymore wrong. They’ll keep the guys who are talented & want to be there, and get rid of the guys who don’t. Lauri is a guy who’s upside isn’t nearly as high as people are making it out to be, and will likely wind up making too much money. I don’t think anyone would be shocked to see him get traded

And WCJ could definitely be better than just your average garbageman. We’ve seen flashes of a really good player when he’s been in shape & locked in. He’s a very good passer for a C, and has quality shooting mechanics. He went #7 in a GOAT draft for a reason. He’s very skilled, underrated athletically, and very very young

Excuse me what.
Did you really say WJC is a GOAT.
Get the hell out of here with that nonsense.

Shaq O'Neal was and is still a GOAT but guess what WJC isn't and never won't be next Shaq O'Neal.
PS thanks for good laughs.

?

Yeah it something funny but it is his post.
:banghead:
TallDude
Junior
And1: 140

Post#226 » by TallDude » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:47 am

Yep. Lauri put 19/9 numbers so he must be useless player. And with limited minutes. Our team is so bad tht opponets can give Lavine as much points what he like. If we are better team next season somebody might even guard him.
GrowingHorns
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#227 » by GrowingHorns » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:58 pm

One thing aside Lauri's own doing and coaching that held back Lauri last season: lack of small forwards that can actually shoot and be constantly somewhat of a threat. Now we got Pat and we have hopefully healthy Otto, it opens lot more chances for Lauri getting balls in movement on his hands. He is lot better making this off from the run than getting it in static position and then deciding what to do. Especially as we weren't allowed to use mid-range at all. (Not Lauri's biggest strength but it gives players that needed choice to keep opponents guessing)
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#228 » by coldfish » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:36 pm

To a large degree, I think a lot of people are behind the times. Lauri was a 4 back in the days when stretch 4's just started appearing. Nowadays, 4's are actually far more athletic and shooting the 3 is a full expectation. No one in the league wants to start a 4 who can't shoot. Pascal Siakam is a prototypical 4, not Lauri.

As another note, Lauri has never shown the ability to take advantage of smaller players. When shorter players are up on him, he struggles to shoot and can't drive by them. His size at the 4, as a result, is largely neutralized.

IMO, Lauri is a 5 in today's NBA from a size and footspeed standpoint. Unfortunately, Lauri isn't a good help defender, doesn't like to body up big players and isn't a great rebounder. He really doesn't fit here either.

I don't think Lauri has a position in today's NBA. He will have a few months to prove me and a whole bunch of other people wrong. If he can't, I would like to see him moved at the deadline. Based on a lot of what I have read here, its his end goal to go to Dallas and chill. We don't want to lose him for nothing.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#229 » by sco » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:23 pm

coldfish wrote:To a large degree, I think a lot of people are behind the times. Lauri was a 4 back in the days when stretch 4's just started appearing. Nowadays, 4's are actually far more athletic and shooting the 3 is a full expectation. No one in the league wants to start a 4 who can't shoot. Pascal Siakam is a prototypical 4, not Lauri.

As another note, Lauri has never shown the ability to take advantage of smaller players. When shorter players are up on him, he struggles to shoot and can't drive by them. His size at the 4, as a result, is largely neutralized.

IMO, Lauri is a 5 in today's NBA from a size and footspeed standpoint. Unfortunately, Lauri isn't a good help defender, doesn't like to body up big players and isn't a great rebounder. He really doesn't fit here either.

I don't think Lauri has a position in today's NBA. He will have a few months to prove me and a whole bunch of other people wrong. If he can't, I would like to see him moved at the deadline. Based on a lot of what I have read here, its his end goal to go to Dallas and chill. We don't want to lose him for nothing.

I agree that last season, Lauri, came in too heavy and was very immobile. I remember him being a decent defender with good foot speed as a rookie. His hops and rebounding took a dive when he bulked up. Playing in the post, just isn't his game, but they tried to get him to be better in the post by bulking-up and it hurt the rest of his game more than it helped his weakness.
:clap:
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#230 » by coldfish » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:38 pm

sco wrote:
coldfish wrote:To a large degree, I think a lot of people are behind the times. Lauri was a 4 back in the days when stretch 4's just started appearing. Nowadays, 4's are actually far more athletic and shooting the 3 is a full expectation. No one in the league wants to start a 4 who can't shoot. Pascal Siakam is a prototypical 4, not Lauri.

I agree that last season, Lauri, came in too heavy and was very immobile. I remember him being a decent defender with good foot speed as a rookie. His hops and rebounding took a dive when he bulked up. Playing in the post, just isn't his game, but they tried to get him to be better in the post by bulking-up and it hurt the rest of his game more than it helped his weakness.

He has never been a bad 1 on 1 defender. Even last year. His problem has always been off ball. He just has very poor court awareness.

I'm obviously not too high on Lauri. I just don't see where he fits, given all his wants and needs. If he would accept being a role player I think he could be a valuable player but he doesn't seem to be willing to do the little things that role players do.

Maybe Donovan can figure something out.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#231 » by Indomitable » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:52 pm

coldfish wrote:
sco wrote:

He has never been a bad 1 on 1 defender. Even last year. His problem has always been off ball. He just has very poor court awareness.

I'm obviously not too high on Lauri. I just don't see where he fits, given all his wants and needs. If he would accept being a role player I think he could be a valuable player but he doesn't seem to be willing to do the little things that role players do.

Maybe Donovan can figure something out.

Lauri is a man who has one more contract coming. Dump him before this. Plus him and Porzingus would be the slowest front court. Lauri is living in a dream world.
:banghead:
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#232 » by FriedRise » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#233 » by kodo » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:28 pm

Interesting that he wants an extension when his value is rock bottom and the league isn't making much money. He'll have to sign for a lowball offer. I guess he really doesn't care about money?
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#234 » by Hangtime84 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:34 pm

kodo wrote:Interesting that he wants an extension when his value is rock bottom and the league isn't making much money. He'll have to sign for a lowball offer. I guess he really doesn't care about money?

Pursuit of happiness type of guy.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,886

Post#235 » by nomorezorro » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:34 pm

i'd sign him for 3/24 or something like that. get it done lauri's agent, the man wants to be here!
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
sco
RealGM

Post#236 » by sco » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:36 pm

Dude is at least smart enough to say the right things to the media. If I were him, I would be targeting $20M/year. If I'm the Bulls, I wouldn't offer more than $15M because there's a good chance you'll want to trade him while on the contract. I think he's worth in the $12M-$14M range...a 4th quartile starter.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#237 » by FriedRise » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:38 pm

nomorezorro wrote:i'd sign him for 3/24 or something like that. get it done lauri's agent, the man wants to be here!

That's weak. 5/30 + Team Option!
ArtMorte
Sixth Man
And1: 2,102

Post#238 » by ArtMorte » Tue Dec 1, 2020 6:20 pm

nomorezorro wrote:i'd sign him for 3/24 or something like that. get it done lauri's agent, the man wants to be here!

Hoping for something like this isn't very realistic, imo. I feel like the Bulls fans' disappointment in Lauri's lack of progress is making them undervalue him. He's still a 15ppg player with some versatility and without major weaknesses. I think he'll get 15m-18m per season, like a 4/70.
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#239 » by leo921 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 6:28 pm

Honestly Lauri should get a contract extension from the Bulls for the 15-16m a year range, so something like 4/60 or 4/64. Can easily see him outperforming that contract and either being a great value for us or a great trade chip for a star/high draft pick.

Hard for me to see all the harsh assessments of Lauri, the guy had 2 really good years and 1 bad year based on horrific coaching that put him in the worst spots plus he was hurt. Yeah, think I'll believe in the 2 good years and discount the year with bad coaching and injuries
sco
RealGM

Post#240 » by sco » Tue Dec 1, 2020 6:58 pm

If Lauri wants to stay (which I believe is, at least half, PR speak), play well for us this year and earn $20M/year. I'd rather pay-up for a top 5-10PF, than have the 20th best PF (which is about what he was last year) under contract for even $12M.

Return to Chicago Bulls