ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1961 » by WeTheNorth123 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:52 am

VanWest82 wrote:If Gannis extends and we make the decision internally that Norm isn't coming back either way...

Norm + Baynes + McCaw + future 2nd for LMA.

It's a stopgap solution for our front court but it'd allow us to actually compete this year and maybe next if he wanted to extend. Spurs get something for someone they're probably going to lose anyway.

LMA is going to be washed soon....people forget that he is the same age as Marc Gasol...he was more productive last year but i feel like he is gonna drop off hard soon!
planetmars
Sixth Man
And1: 1,437

Post#1962 » by planetmars » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:02 am

WeTheNorth123 wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:If Gannis extends and we make the decision internally that Norm isn't coming back either way...

It's a stopgap solution for our front court but it'd allow us to actually compete this year and maybe next if he wanted to extend. Spurs get something for someone they're probably going to lose anyway.

LMA is going to be washed soon....people forget that he is the same age as Marc Gasol...he was more productive last year but i feel like he is gonna drop off hard soon!

Year older than Lowry. Same draft class. He only has a few years left for sure.. but he'd be an upgrade over the collection of assets that VanWest82 mentioned in his post. He did assume Norm wasn't coming back.

I'd do that deal.. not sure SA would. I think they'd be looking for more than a 2nd rounder. Everyone else is expiring and may leave SA as well in the off season.
anf30000
Ballboy
And1: 51

Post#1963 » by anf30000 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:07 am

Rondae Hollis Jefferson is still a free agent.... Do we still have enough cap to resign him as a backup pf? He's pretty versatile.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,677

Post#1964 » by VanWest82 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:11 am

planetmars wrote:
WeTheNorth123 wrote:

Year older than Lowry. Same draft class. He only has a few years left for sure.. but he'd be an upgrade over the collection of assets that VanWest82 mentioned in his post. He did assume Norm wasn't coming back.

I'd do that deal.. not sure SA would. I think they'd be looking for more than a 2nd rounder. Everyone else is expiring and may leave SA as well in the off season.

They'd get the team option on Baynes too. Spurs seem to like their guards so maybe Norm is just an expiring for them but either way at least it's something. Surely they know LMA isn't sticking around for a rebuild.
planetmars
Sixth Man
And1: 1,437

Post#1965 » by planetmars » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:17 am

VanWest82 wrote:
planetmars wrote:
WeTheNorth123 wrote:

They'd get the team option on Baynes too. Spurs seem to like their guards so maybe Norm is just an expiring for them but either way at least it's something. Surely they know LMA isn't sticking around for a rebuild.

Would have to wait at least 3 months to make the trade since Baynes was signed as a free agent. Would losing Norm and adding LMA be enough for our overall offense (we'd be so thin on the bench now)? I'd lean towards doing the deal, but I don't think Masai or Bobby would. Especially if TD is found guilty.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,677

Post#1966 » by VanWest82 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:24 am

planetmars wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:
planetmars wrote:

Would have to wait at least 3 months to make the trade since Baynes was signed as a free agent. Would losing Norm and adding LMA be enough for our overall offense (we'd be so thin on the bench now)? I'd lean towards doing the deal, but I don't think Masai or Bobby would. Especially if TD is found guilty.

Presumably we'd wait for a resolution with TD but we're pretty stacked at guard. Waiting on Baynes to become tradable would give us some time to see what we have with Flynn and Harris, and Matt Thomas is capable. We'd also get to see if Aldridge still has it. It's something to keep an eye on anyway. I like it because it doesn't compromise our Giannis pursuit but still gives us a playoff ready big man for this year which we currently lack.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#1967 » by Psubs » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:51 am

WeTheNorth123 wrote:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/aldrila01.html

The last 3 seasons he's transitioned from PF to C and his A/T have gone up and playing 33 mpg. I'd be fine dropping that to 30 mpg and I feel like he'll be good to go. 18 mins for Len is cool.

Last season he upped his 3's attempts to 3 per game and shot 38.9%, he's always been an 80% FT shooter and maybe he keeps it going over 35% at least.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#1968 » by jimmy keys » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:11 pm

witnessraps wrote:Siakam powell 3 picks 3 swaps for harden. Sign giannis in fa. Lowry/fred/harden/og/giannis/malachi/baynes/Boucher

Man can dream

They wouldn't have the room to sign Giannis after a Harden for Siakam + Powell trade.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,254

Post#1969 » by SurgeIblocka » Tue Dec 1, 2020 1:41 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
witnessraps wrote:Siakam powell 3 picks 3 swaps for harden. Sign giannis in fa. Lowry/fred/harden/og/giannis/malachi/baynes/Boucher

Man can dream

They wouldn't have the room to sign Giannis after a Harden for Siakam + Powell trade.

If they renounce all cap holds except for OG’s and they would have Harden, Fred, OG’s cap hold, and Flynn that totals 77.5 Mil. Lets say cap is at 119 Mil . They would still have a max slot available and a total of 41.5 Mil available. Baynes and Boucher are not guaranteed for 2021. They can use that before re-signing OG.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,159

Post#1970 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:38 pm

If Giannis resigns...

Powell probably stays, depending the player we get in the 2021 free agency. I'm waiting for the true semi-star/star Powell to break out, go for 20+ ppg, excellent defense - like an Oladipo type of breakout. FVV mans the PG and Powell moves over to SG

I'm actually expecting Lowry to either get traded or if Raptors get really strike out in FA, Lowry gets resigned long term and retires as the greatest Raptors of all time ... and becomes FVV's backup.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#1971 » by jimmy keys » Tue Dec 1, 2020 7:58 pm

SurgeIblocka wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:

Man can dream

If they renounce all cap holds except for OG’s and they would have Harden, Fred, OG’s cap hold, and Flynn that totals 77.5 Mil. Lets say cap is at 119 Mil . They would still have a max slot available and a total of 41.5 Mil available. Baynes and Boucher are not guaranteed for 2021. They can use that before re-signing OG.

the cap is projected to be 112 million as of today. 119 mil is completely out of the picture with what happened this year (China, Covid-19, etc..)

Harden - 44.3
FVV - 19.55
OG (cap hold) - 11.6

now they're left with 36.6 mil

Flynn - 2
TD II - 2
Thomas - 1.8
2021 FRP - 3 (20th)
min roster - 1
min roster - 1
min roster - 1
min roster - 1
min roster - 1

now they're left with 22.8 mil

They could dump Lowry, Powell, Baynes & Boucher and still be nowhere near having max cap space, projected to now be around 33-34 mil. There is no way to get there without trading Vanvleet or OG too.
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#1972 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Tue Dec 1, 2020 9:19 pm

I heard Pistons are waiving Zhaire, would be great for a two way
Credits to Jstock12
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#1973 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 2:36 pm

TdotRap4Lyfe wrote:I heard Pistons are waiving Zhaire, would be great for a two way

I think Raps filled both slots already.

Paul Watson + Jalen Harris
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
_MidNight_
RealGM
And1: 7,269

Post#1974 » by _MidNight_ » Thu Dec 3, 2020 3:02 am

Anyone remember Jonah Bolden?

How many of us wanted this guy in the draft?

He would be nice pickup for the 905.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#1975 » by Psubs » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:36 pm

_MidNight_ wrote:Anyone remember Jonah Bolden?

How many of us wanted this guy in the draft?

He would be nice pickup for the 905.

In terms of development he's behind Ellenson, but could be a late bloomer like Boucher.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,800

Post#1976 » by ash_k » Sun Dec 6, 2020 12:36 am

I have got another one that works Salary-wise
to LAC : Kyle Lowry
to GSW: P.Beverley, L.Williams, P.McCaw, Zubac
To Raps: Wiggins, Chriss

>GSW get Depth and lucky Charm McCaw back
>LAC get leadership and a Kyle delighted to be living&playing in LA with Kawhi, PG13 and Serge competing for another ring.
>Raps get that young and missing 20 point scorer.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#1977 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Dec 6, 2020 12:48 am

ash_k wrote:I have got another one that works Salary-wise

>LAC get leadership and a Kyle delighted to be living&playing in LA with Kawhi, PG13 and Serge competing for another ring.

won't happen. Masai is all in 2021 free agency
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,800

Post#1978 » by ash_k » Sun Dec 6, 2020 1:06 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

and let's say Giannis signs that Supermax next week? (got until Dec 21)
This is the perfect moment to trade Kyle with respect (meaning LA or Philly)
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#1979 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Dec 6, 2020 1:17 am

ash_k wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

and let's say Giannis signs that Supermax next week? (got until Dec 21)
This is the perfect moment to trade Kyle with respect (meaning LA or Philly)

he's still keeping it opem. all his free agency moves this off season points to that
Mattatron
Starter
And1: 1,665

Post#1980 » by Mattatron » Sun Dec 6, 2020 1:59 pm

LOL hell nah! You don't trade your icon for a minus player like Wiggins. His 20points means nothing. Not even a threat from downtown. If you trade Kyle at this point, with the direction raptors are heading, you look for a nice pick, expiring contract or maybe a few role players for the depth.

Return to Toronto Raptors