Sirvydis signs 3 yr deal with Pistons

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Sirvydis signs 3 yr deal with Pistons 

Post#1 » by Kilo » Tue Dec 1, 2020 3:38 pm

Read on Twitter

Means Pistons need to make another roster move. McGruder or Musa stretched now? I suspect McGruder. It's all framing - didn't want to cut Zhaire in order to clear up room for Tellum's son's player.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Re: Sirvydis signs 3 yr deal with Pistons 

Post#2 » by Canadafan » Tue Dec 1, 2020 3:45 pm

Sweet! Will be nice to see this kid finally.
Shooter1
Pro Prospect
And1: 67

Post#3 » by Shooter1 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 3:46 pm

Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#4 » by Piston Pete » Tue Dec 1, 2020 4:05 pm

Glad we’re bringing him over!

But like Kilo mentioned, what moves do we make to make room for him?
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#5 » by Kilo » Tue Dec 1, 2020 4:12 pm

McGruder doesn't need to be stretched. Pistons hold draft rights and assuming this is a minimum contract they can go over the cap to sign him. A roster spot will have to be opened still.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#6 » by DetroitDon15 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 4:22 pm

I like the signing but wish that Ellington wasn’t here. I just feel that he is going to block development of these young players.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#7 » by edmunder_prc » Tue Dec 1, 2020 4:24 pm

Strongest G League team in the universe! We hold the power!

I really like a lot of these moves to bring in youth, but there are only so many games and practices. Only so many shots.

Maybe because Kemba Walker is out for a while Pistons can trade Derrick Rose to Boston and open up a lot more minutes.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,769

Post#8 » by Snakebites » Tue Dec 1, 2020 4:39 pm

Kilo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Means Pistons need to make another roster move. McGruder or Musa stretched now? I suspect McGruder. It's all framing - didn't want to cut Zhaire in order to clear up room for Tellum's son's player.

Can't they just waive them the normal way?

I don't see why they'd stretch him without a cap incentive.

I don't particularly like the Tellem connection with a lot of our roster moves- I know we drafted this kid previously, but still. I hope we've got a way to trade someone away, or otherwise waive without stretching.

The kid is only 20, but his international stats aren't really eye-popping.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,714

Post#9 » by UcanUwill » Tue Dec 1, 2020 4:55 pm

Wooo, 4th. Lithuanian in the NBA currently (if you count Brazdeikis). I dont think he will be much of anything really, he was barely much of anything in Israel, I expect 2 seasons in G league and then return to Europe most likely, but I will be cheering for him, maybe I am wrong and he improves drastically. Just glad to see another Lithuanian in the , we were beaten by Latvians, which is just a national insult LOL
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#10 » by flow » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:42 pm

No way does this kid make the roster.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#11 » by Jstock12 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:49 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Wooo, 4th. Lithuanian in the NBA currently (if you count Brazdeikis). I dont think he will be much of anything really, he was barely much of anything in Israel, I expect 2 seasons in G league and then return to Europe most likely, but I will be cheering for him, maybe I am wrong and he improves drastically. Just glad to see another Lithuanian in the , we were beaten by Latvians, which is just a national insult LOL

Well, they aren't signing Sirvydis because he's a good player. They're signing him because there's a chance he could become a good player. He's got all the tools. Just needs to start progressing.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,714

Post#12 » by UcanUwill » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:51 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:Wooo, 4th. Lithuanian in the NBA currently (if you count Brazdeikis). I dont think he will be much of anything really, he was barely much of anything in Israel, I expect 2 seasons in G league and then return to Europe most likely, but I will be cheering for him, maybe I am wrong and he improves drastically. Just glad to see another Lithuanian in the , we were beaten by Latvians, which is just a national insult LOL

Well, they aren't signing Sirvydis because he's a good player. They're signing him because there's a chance he could become a good player. He's got all the tools. Just needs to start progressing.

He has tools to be good shooter, but thats about it. I still rather have Musa, if they cut Musa thats a mistake IMO.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#13 » by flow » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:53 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:

He has tools to be good shooter, but thats about it. I still rather have Musa, if they cut Musa thats a mistake IMO.

Agree.
pistons4ever
Junior
And1: 108

Post#14 » by pistons4ever » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:59 pm

Wright and mcgruder for smart...
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#15 » by Piston Pete » Tue Dec 1, 2020 6:07 pm

Blake/cash to Celtics for a 1st and their TPE?
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#16 » by jakebernat » Tue Dec 1, 2020 6:18 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Blake/cash to Celtics for a 1st and their TPE?

don’t think their TPE is big enough to absorb blake.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#17 » by jakebernat » Tue Dec 1, 2020 6:19 pm

nobody’s talking about svi, could he be the odd man out? there was some interest in him at the deadline; sirvydis makes him kinda redundant.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#18 » by 440BB » Tue Dec 1, 2020 6:22 pm

Waiting for the next trade to drop...
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#19 » by Jstock12 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 6:22 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:

I would also rather have Musa. Hopefully they aren't forced to choose between the two and can let them both develop.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#20 » by MotownMadness » Tue Dec 1, 2020 6:29 pm

Better hurry up and sign someone so we can stretch them

Return to Detroit Pistons