Image ImageImage Image

The Marko Simonovic season thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,388

Re: The Marko Simonovic season thread 

Post#21 » by fleet » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#22 » by ATRAIN53 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:41 pm

Only thing I really remember from the AK post draft press conf -

was him saying in his best Drago voice - 'He was right pick'

Can this guy do training camp and still be a Euro stash project?
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#23 » by Indomitable » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:59 pm

:banghead:
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#24 » by Indomitable » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:02 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:Only thing I really remember from the AK post draft press conf -

You stop being a stash once you sign a contract. No one can play in training camp without a contract. Was this serious question?
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,315

Post#25 » by Mbrahv0528 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:20 pm

I was told by some guy here that he's a worse Luke Kornet. That was a stupid take obviously, but good to see some positives in this thread!

Sent from my SM-F707U using RealGM mobile app
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#26 » by PlayerUp » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:43 pm

Mbrahv0528 wrote:I was told by some guy here that he's a worse Luke Kornet. That was a stupid take obviously, but good to see some positives in this thread!

Kornet shot 29% from 3 last season. Marko is shooting 41% overseas at the moment. He's more mobile and skilled. Kornet has the unique size but hasn't found his way in the NBA yet.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#27 » by othawhitemeat » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:00 pm

Indomitable wrote:

You stop being a stash once you sign a contract. No one can play in training camp without a contract. Was this serious question?

Why you like that man? There are unique things with draft stash sometimes. Like you have the right to get them if they decide to play, but they are not under contract. 2nd round picks, 2 way contracts, there are a lot of wrinkles out there.
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#28 » by Indomitable » Tue Dec 1, 2020 3:46 am

othawhitemeat wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

Why you like that man? There are unique things with draft stash sometimes. Like you have the right to get them if they decide to play, but they are not under contract. 2nd round picks, 2 way contracts, there are a lot of wrinkles out there.

Once he signs z contract. He if waived becomes a free agent. Therefore, a stash is a player not on the roster. A 2 way player can be pouched.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,378

Post#29 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Dec 1, 2020 4:05 pm

PlayerUp wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:I was told by some guy here that he's a worse Luke Kornet. That was a stupid take obviously, but good to see some positives in this thread!

Kornet shot 29% from 3 last season. Marko is shooting 41% overseas at the moment. He's more mobile and skilled. Kornet has the unique size but hasn't found his way in the NBA yet.

He found it a couple of seasons ago when he played against the Bulls. That’s the trick, he has to play against the Bulls to reach his potential.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,606

Post#30 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:27 pm

Read on Twitter
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#31 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:17 am

Bulls need to do everything to get him next year on roster. We have no bigs at least not those who are not mentally whack.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#32 » by Grodoboldo » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:55 pm

Yeah, I'm curious to see if they'll be able to bring him next season. We still have a logjam up front, I think AK would only do it if we trade some players.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,606

Post#33 » by Repeat 3-peat » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:36 am

Read on Twitter
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,780

Post#34 » by gardenofsound » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:54 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Watching this highlight, this dude is proportionally very weird looking. Look at him after he comes down from the hang. He looks like he has a really long torso and short legs, but his arms look really long. Like, if he's a 7 footer, his arms are definitely longer than that.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,378

Post#35 » by drosestruts » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:29 pm

I love that he's a lefty. I know it's a big deal in baseball to have a balanced lineup of left- & right-handed hitters in your lineup and I always wondered if there's any benefit to having a mix in hand dominate players on the basketball court. If it affects how players position themselves defensively at all or anything.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#36 » by madvillian » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:45 pm

He showed a lot more in that latest video than highlight videos around the draft. Even some nice little Jokic like passing out of the post with the one handed whip pass. Looks like he's probably ready to come over next year and take Felicio's spot, hopefully it happens.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#37 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:45 pm

Marko is very very good 2nd round pick up! I hope he keeps developing,as he is getting better year by year.. Needs to improve D, but he can be solid NBA player.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#38 » by MrFortune3 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:08 pm

This is why you just let AK do his thing. Keen eye for talent.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#39 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Wed Jan 6, 2021 12:59 am

I actually watched Simonovic live 3 or 4 times in last couple of years. Catch is his club is run by the manager of Jokic,Saric,Zubac,Bitadze,Mokoka. All that players except Saric played for Mega. They are similar to Kentucky in Ncaa. All players under 21-22 yo, one veteran per year and their only goal is to send players to Nba because Nba clubs pay fee to them adjusted by draft position. They have great individual programs for player development. Simonovic is from Montenegro like Mirotic and that is his celling in Nba. Most likley he would be lesser player than Niko but he could be quality low cost bench big like Baynes,Theiss or his floor is couple of years of bench warming and to comeback to Europe similar to Zipser,Zizic. Actually player who he remindes me off most is young Aron Baynes who also played in Adriatic league (ex Yugoslavia league) and was similar litlle akward physicall profile but improved through years.
Magic beans
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#40 » by Magic beans » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:38 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:I actually watched Simonovic live 3 or 4 times in last couple of years. Catch is his club is run by the manager of Jokic,Saric,Zubac,Bitadze,Mokoka. All that players except Saric played for Mega. They are similar to Kentucky in Ncaa. All players under 21-22 yo, one veteran per year and their only goal is to send players to Nba because Nba clubs pay fee to them adjusted by draft position. They have great individual programs for player development. Simonovic is from Montenegro like Mirotic and that is his celling in Nba. Most likley he would be lesser player than Niko but he could be quality low cost bench big like Baynes,Theiss or his floor is couple of years of bench warming and to comeback to Europe similar to Zipser,Zizic. Actually player who he remindes me off most is young Aron Baynes who also played in Adriatic league (ex Yugoslavia league) and was similar litlle akward physicall profile but improved through years.

This is a fair and objective analysis. I see him as a rotation piece at best though. 7ft that are a genuine threat from outside are deserving of a look in today’s NBA.

Return to Chicago Bulls