iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Re: Dennis Schröder: Starting job prerequisite for trade with Lakers 

Post#61 » by iamworthy » Wed Dec 2, 2020 5:24 pm

[tweet][/tweet]
Dmagic wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Beethoven wrote:I don't see a problem in having him start though. What is the issue here or are we just trying to start an issue?

Gotta earn it. I also think Matthews is a better fit with the starters.

lmao at this comment--bruh wes mathews has probably the most to prove--i don't get the hype--so until he changes my mind--F&*^ HIM

Don't agree with this at all. We know who Wes is, a 3-D player that will fit nice next to LeBron. Dennis is more the question. How well does Dennis play off ball? Is he comfortable with the ball not being in his hands? We already know who the primary ball handler is.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Post#62 » by TheHartBreakKid » Wed Dec 2, 2020 5:36 pm

That's fine honestly. Just because he thrived in a 6 man role doesn't mean he's necessarily this Jason Terry/Lou William type player who is best off the bench. And regarding our bench, we aren't really missing that scoring/energy punch with Kuz AND Trez. Not to mention one of Lebron and AD will always be in the game in the playoffs. I actually think Schroder starting is the best play here even if there wasn't a prerequisite because it gives him the best chance to take that next step as a player, both in terms of confidence and because getting some good looks early in games can really help him take the next step. He would still play a lot of his minutes with the bench guys so he'll have his ball opportunity chances as well.

Schroder, Lebron, KCP, AD, Gasol.

Bring in Kuz and Trez at the 6 minute mark for SChorder and Gasol.

Bring back in Schroder along with Caruso/Wesley Matthews for Lebron/KCP/Kuz around 3 minute mark. And so on
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,543

Post#63 » by stan francisco » Wed Dec 2, 2020 8:09 pm

MarxyLebronist wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Pleasantville problems to have, though.

Both Schröder and Wes will have to beat out AC and KCP for the job. Best of luck. I think Schröder will finish games off but I wouldn’t start him just because he wants to start.

One point I really agree with is that Caruso has more than earned full prominence. And in fact, he reminds me more of primetime Lakers Derek Fisher than any other recent-memory player. For all my Schröder stanning and Rose coveting, I couldn't care less if Schröder starts given that he's a 30+ MPG Laker for Life who can close, doesn't rattle, and does just about everything exceedingly well that the team needs from him.

Yep. Adding up playmaker next to playmaker doesn’t always net the best W/L column. We’d be better off letting Caruso play next to LBJ quite a bit so that when Schröder enters, he has the rock.

In other words, whatever the coaching staff decides after training camp is fine me with me. In fact, Caruso can easily lead the second unit if you surround him with Kuz, Wes, Morris, Harrell etc.

Nice problems to have; too much competition.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#64 » by lazybatman » Wed Dec 2, 2020 11:04 pm

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

My ridiculous idea # 8643 -
Starting 5 -
Schroeder
Caruso
Wes
AD
Trez / Gasol (based on matchups, and we should be heavily invested in keeping Gasol healthy after his terrible injury record over the last 3 years)

Schroeder gets his start and old man Bron bullies other teams' bench units, the thought of which makes me giddy with joy and opposing coaches pulling out their hair :lol: :lol: Still plays his 30+ mins and there are no fixtures in the closing line up, except AD, Bron & Caruso.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#65 » by stan francisco » Thu Dec 3, 2020 5:18 am

lazybatman wrote::offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

Starting 5 -
Schroeder
Caruso
Wes
AD
Trez / Gasol (based on matchups, and we should be heavily invested in keeping Gasol healthy after his terrible injury record over the last 3 years)

Schroeder gets his start and old man Bron bullies other teams' bench units, the thought of which makes me giddy with joy and opposing coaches pulling out their hair :lol: :lol: Still plays his 30+ mins and there are no fixtures in the closing line up, except AD, Bron & Caruso.

Effing brilliant!!!

And it’s hilarious. And it would work, too. And it would drive opponents’ coaches insane. “Hi, Reggie Jackson, I’m Bron. You’re covering me tonight?”

Too ‘bad’ LBJ wants to play too much to agree to that scheme.
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach
And1: 99

Post#66 » by Gerald3Wallace » Thu Dec 3, 2020 10:33 pm

No big deal if he starts. He SHOULD start anyway. Lebron always checks out at the 6 or 7 minute mark of the 1st quarter anyway so it’s not like Dennis isn’t gonna be playing with the bench.

Btw, Dennis CAN play off the ball and he can share the rock. He’s shown it when OKC ran their 3 guard lineup of CP3, and Shai
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#67 » by Kilroy » Thu Dec 3, 2020 11:01 pm

stan francisco wrote:

Starting 5 -
Schroeder
Caruso
Wes
AD

Effing brilliant!!!

And it’s hilarious. And it would work, too. And it would drive opponents’ coaches insane. “Hi, Reggie Jackson, I’m Bron. You’re covering me tonight?”

It would be an interesting, reg season, rest without dnp, scheme for LeBron... Give him 10-15 min off the bench for a while during the season... Let him face lesser defenses and rest until the playoffs, without going into full punk mode like Kawhi...

I honestly have no idea why he wouldn't agree to it... But he won't.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by stan francisco » Fri Dec 4, 2020 12:23 am

Kilroy wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Starting 5 -
Schroeder
Caruso
Wes
AD

Effing brilliant!!!

It would be an interesting, reg season, rest without dnp, scheme for LeBron... Give him 10-15 min off the bench for a while during the season... Let him face lesser defenses and rest until the playoffs, without going into full punk mode like Kawhi...

It’s perfect. LBJ and AD playing against second units to load manage. :rofl: 15-20 minutes. Hilarious but only if we win all the time. If Jeff Van Grundy still coached he’d punch Vogel in the face.

PG: Schröder
SG: Matthews
SF: Kuzma
PF: Morris
C: Harrell

Off the bench comes “the bench mob 2.0”;

PG: Caruso
SG: KCP
SF: LBJ
PF: AD
C: Marc

:meditate:

“We’re not load managing, just utilizing our roster the best way to win; while getting ready for the playoffs.”
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#69 » by lazybatman » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:34 am

stan francisco wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Effing brilliant!!!

It’s perfect. LBJ and AD playing against second units to load manage. :rofl: 15-20 minutes. Hilarious but only if we win all the time. If Jeff Van Grundy still coached he’d punch Vogel in the face.

“We’re not load managing, just utilizing our roster the best way to win; while getting ready for the playoffs.”

Okay boys, I don't know or suggested that Lebron agrees to cut his minutes to 15-20 cos he's chasing Kareem and you underestimate how badly he want's his 25 / 10 / 8.

Although, depending on how it's presented to him, I think he could buy into the positive PR of how he'll do anything to help his team win. The media laps it up, cos Lakers are gonna be winning, and he becomes the 6th man of the century in the process.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by stan francisco » Fri Dec 4, 2020 3:22 am

lazybatman wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Okay boys, I don't know or suggested that Lebron agrees to cut his minutes to 15-20 cos he's chasing Kareem and you underestimate how badly he want's his 25 / 10 / 8.

Although, depending on how it's presented to him, I think he could buy into the positive PR of how he'll do anything to help his team win. The media laps it up, cos Lakers are gonna be winning, and he becomes the 6th man of the century in the process.

Are you reading this Pelinka?
Are you reading this LeBron / Klutch?
Are you reading this Frank the Tank?

:rofl:

Against second units, LBJ can post 25-10-8 in 25 minutes.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#71 » by Kilroy » Fri Dec 4, 2020 3:28 am

stan francisco wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Effing brilliant!!!

Went too far with that second starting lineup... :-)
Ultimately, even the first one with AD is a gimmick... It'd be a decent lineup for sure and would win a fair amount of games. But there are teams that would absolutely T us up too... So, you'd have to be comfortable with accepting maybe 3rd or 4th in the west for about half the season and then ramping it up after... It comes down to buyin and chemistry... If the guys get it and are on board, it'd be fine... But if they start bitching behind closed doors, we're the Clippers.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by stan francisco » Fri Dec 4, 2020 4:08 am

Like I mentioned above, you don’t do this unless you’re pretty damn sure to win basically every game.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,831

Post#73 » by Beethoven » Fri Dec 4, 2020 4:11 am

How bout just pretend we don't even have bron and just put him in during garbage time.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by stan francisco » Fri Dec 4, 2020 5:51 am

Beethoven wrote:How bout just pretend we don't even have bron and just put him in during garbage time.

Lol.

I think maybe he’d take offense or start wondering what he’s doing with his life and legacy. Probably the same with the brilliant bench mob idea above.

I’m still thinking he can put up 25-10-8 in 25 minutes. If 15 of those minutes are against second units and then 10 finishing off the games with our best five could greatly preserve his health, keep his efficiency stats up etc.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,282

Post#75 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 8:57 pm

Simple, You start Schroeder then pull him out after 2 minutes.
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#76 » by Dmagic » Sat Dec 5, 2020 5:03 pm

SHRODER AND HARREL WILL DO WHATEVER LEBRON SAYS AND NOTHING MORE--IN FACT THEY WILL DO WHAT CARUSO SAYS AS WELL
Dmagic
Pro Prospect

Post#77 » by Dmagic » Sat Dec 5, 2020 5:06 pm

iamworthy wrote:[tweet][/tweet]
Dmagic wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Gotta earn it. I also think Matthews is a better fit with the starters.

lmao at this comment--bruh wes mathews has probably the most to prove--i don't get the hype--so until he changes my mind--F&*^ HIM

Don't agree with this at all. We know who Wes is, a 3-D player that will fit nice next to LeBron. Dennis is more the question. How well does Dennis play off ball? Is he comfortable with the ball not being in his hands? We already know who the primary ball handler is.

YEAH STARTIND BENCH SHOULDNT BE AN ISSUE WITH THIS TEAM--GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN TO WIN A CHIP!! SHROEDER SEEMS TO FIT WHEN LEBRON SITS AT TIMES. HE SHOULDNT START NEXT TO LEBRON POINT BLANK
LEBRON, CARUSO, KCP-GSOL-AD START SOLID THREE AND D
LET SECOND UNIT COME IN AND LIGHT UP THE SCORE BOARD WITH HARREL-SHROEDER-WES- AND AD/LEBRON-CARUSO/KCP CUZ WE BASICALLY HAVE 2 1ST UNITS THROW IN KUZMA ANYWHERE FOR HIS DEFENSE WILL HAVE IMPROVED ALONG WITH HIS OFFENSE NOW THAT HE KNOWS WHERE TO FOCUS
Dmagic
Pro Prospect

Post#78 » by Dmagic » Sat Dec 5, 2020 5:13 pm

ONE GOOD THING ABOUT THIS COACHING STAFF IS THAT WE ALREADY KNOW THEY WILL EXPERIMENT AND FIND THE RIGHT LINE-UPS
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#79 » by Kilroy » Tue Dec 8, 2020 1:09 am

I bet the practices where Caruso and Shroder face up are going to be epic...
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#80 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:12 am

After 1 half of the 1st preseason game. I've already made up my mind if he's a starter or not
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to Los Angeles Lakers