c'mon its obvious CLE got the best wing in the draft lol
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: 2020 Draft winners / losers 

Post#42 » by Marcus » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:16 pm

Neeva wrote:denver got Hampton who might be Dante Exum 2.0.

make this make sense for me please.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#43 » by petebraun0 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:25 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:I love that the Pels got a high upside, explosive guard, and stockpiled future picks for better drafts.

My dream of Pat Williams was dashed so fast
s

Why do you love Patrick Williams so much? I am a Bulls fan and everyone is giving us a C- grade.
Physically, he seems almost perfect, strong, fast, tall, big reach, skilled, former guard.

What can you tell me about him?
petebraun0
Senior

Post#44 » by petebraun0 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:28 pm

I am jealous of Washington getting Deni. I wish the Bulls had taken him. Coby White is not an amazing passer and distributor. We could have used Deni as a pt. forward, with the offense flowing through him. Oh well.

I would have also loved to have traded down with Detroit for their 7 and 19. then taken, Deni or Vassell, and Precious. Oh well.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#45 » by No-Man » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:27 pm

Pat Williams isn't fast lol
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#46 » by God Squad » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:25 am

Can any draft pro make sense of Masai taking Malachi Flynn and Jalen Harris? Draft sites are giving us a good grade.. But I couldn't help but feel upset we passed on some others. Draft sites/pundits seem to like the Flynn pick and fit.
petebraun0
Senior

Post#47 » by petebraun0 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 1:58 pm

Stillwater wrote:c'mon its obvious CLE got the best wing in the draft lol

If Okoro ever figures out how to shoot above 35 percent, he will be amazing. Otherwise, not so amazing. Good luck.
Right now, I think he was at 29 %. Ouch.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#48 » by Stillwater » Tue Dec 1, 2020 2:06 pm

petebraun0 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:c'mon its obvious CLE got the best wing in the draft lol

If Okoro ever figures out how to shoot above 35 percent, he will be amazing. Otherwise, not so amazing. Good luck.
Right now, I think he was at 29 %. Ouch.

Yeah unlikely to ever be a great shooter its the rest of his game offensively that gets lushed aside because of it though.
If he puts more time into it now i bet the % skies
Over next 2 seasons. The stroke looks good the ball just aint dropping. A lot of players that thrive off the dribble struggle to get good efficiency in catch and shoot situations. Which seems like any easy fix too me and probably was the % killer
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
robbo1010
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#49 » by robbo1010 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 4:58 pm

I think Tyler Bey is going to be another DFS. Love the aggro rebounds and FTA and if that 3% can stick wow. Green's defensive footwork is pretty brilliant too.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,244

Post#50 » by Catchall » Wed Dec 2, 2020 1:19 am

Marcus wrote:
Neeva wrote:denver got Hampton who might be Dante Exum 2.0.

make this make sense for me please.

Good size/length for a guard, explosive first step and end-to-end speed, may never translate to a lead-guard/PG, limited shooting. However, Exum was really derailed by injuries, and in some respects Hampton is less raw than Exum was.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#51 » by Catchall » Wed Dec 2, 2020 1:20 am

petebraun0 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:I love that the Pels got a high upside, explosive guard, and stockpiled future picks for better drafts.

s

Why do you love Patrick Williams so much? I am a Bulls fan and everyone is giving us a C- grade.
Physically, he seems almost perfect, strong, fast, tall, big reach, skilled, former guard.

He has the tools to develop into an impactful two-way wing, with sneaky Jimmy Butler athleticism and upside.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,033
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#52 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Dec 2, 2020 5:22 pm

petebraun0 wrote:

s

He's already very versatile and playable, and he has a ton of room for growth and upside still left. He might not end up being a megastar, but I think he has both one of the highest floors and the highest ceilings. I can't see a guy with that body type and athleticism, and with his attitude totally flopping, and I could very much see his game developing where he makes all star games.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
robbo1010
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#53 » by robbo1010 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 5:41 pm

Think Dallas won it and it seriously helps their chances.

https://www.sportsbetting3.com/nba/nba-betting#futures

With Golden State out-ish and no Houston, they just have to avoid 1 of the lakers or clippers.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#54 » by LloydFree » Thu Dec 3, 2020 8:44 pm

Losers:
Every team that took a big man in the 1st round except the Atlanta Hawks. 2nd rounders Xavier Tillman and Paul Reed were better than every one of the bigs picked outside of the top 10.

Celtics: 3 picks, not one difference maker.

Patrick Williams and Isaac Okoro: Hate seeing potential high level role players get drafted to talentless teams. They'll be ruined.

Winners:

Grizzlies: The Celtics had their 1st round pick, yet the Grizzlies somehow came out of the draft with Desmond Bane and Xavier Tillman, two guys who should have been top 20-25 picks.

Kings: Great value in Haliburton. Robert Woodward should have been a 1st rounder.

76ers: Used high 2nds to facilitate trades, then got great value with their late 2nds.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#55 » by Patsfan1081 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:22 am

LloydFree wrote:Losers:
Every team that took a big man in the 1st round except the Atlanta Hawks. 2nd rounders Xavier Tillman and Paul Reed were better than every one of the bigs picked outside of the top 10.

Patrick Williams and Isaac Okoro: Hate seeing potential high level role players get drafted to talentless teams. They'll be ruined.

Winners:

Grizzlies: The Celtics had their 1st round pick, yet the Grizzlies somehow came out of the draft with Desmond Bane and Xavier Tillman, two guys who should have been top 20-25 picks.

Kings: Great value in Haliburton. Robert Woodward should have been a 1st rounder.

76ers: Used high 2nds to facilitate trades, then got great value with their late 2nds.

So basically it’s “my team drafted great and Boston was horrible.” :roll: There’s a reason Reed was almost not even drafted, guy couldn’t even beat Azibuke in a cone drill. People treat mock drafts and YouTube videos like the end all be all. I guarantee there wasn’t more than one or two posters here that had even heard of Bane or Reed before this years draft talk started. Reed couldn’t even get minutes on a small college program as a freshman.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#56 » by Catchall » Fri Dec 4, 2020 6:53 am

Winners:

I'll disagree with a lot of this.

First of all, Xavier Tillman is too small and shoots too poorly right now to make much difference at the 5. His size and athleticism are comparable to Omari Spellman, though he's more skilled. He'll be a backup for a while. Paul Reed has some issues, obviously, or he wouldn't fall to #58.

Second, Aaron Nesmith was a reasonable pick at #14, and he may make more of a difference than you think as a Buddy Hield-type shooter on the wing. Peyton Pritchard is also a reasonable pick at #26.

Third, the Cavs may lack talent, but the Bulls are far from talentless. Williams is one of the most interesting players in the draft who has more than role-player potential, as does Okoro.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#57 » by No-Man » Fri Dec 4, 2020 9:48 am

Reed sucks but the Celtics' draft sucked even harder
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#58 » by LloydFree » Fri Dec 4, 2020 3:42 pm

Winners:

Forgot to say Charlotte was a winner for getting Ball at #3, although their 2nd round made no sense to me.

Should have mentioned Utah specifically, as a loser, instead of bunching them in with all the other teams that picked 3rd string Centers in the 1st round. They picked Azibuike 20 picks higher than he should have even been considered.

Detroit also did less with 3 top 20 picks than should have been expected. Maybe a starting PG, a reserve swing Forward and a backup Center. I'm not a huge fan of Killian Hayes, but maybe I'm not giving him enough credit. So I can't call them losers.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#59 » by Spud2nique » Sat Dec 5, 2020 8:03 am

I thought the Hawks, Kings and Spurs faired the best of any teams. Okongwu, Haliburton, Vassell and Tre Jones are ballers.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#60 » by doordoor123 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:50 am

Poku should have been a top pick. The Thunder got two steals.

Return to NBA Draft