**The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread**

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1781 » by Jedzz » Sat Dec 5, 2020 1:27 am

JagBoto wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:I love KAT..i know he's not leaving but just for fun these trades are pretty good lol https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2020/09/26/minnesota-timberwolves-3-potential-karl-anthony-towns-trades/2/

You know it is a fake writer, if he have trade rumor of NYK after Thibs hire of MITCHELL ROBINSON for KAT :lol:

Thibs isn't going to want Kat and Kat isn't going to play for Thibs. That would be one spicy meatball of a story though.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#1782 » by Norseman79 » Sat Dec 5, 2020 2:29 am

My guess is KAT wants out by next year. That's fine. Hopefully he has a great year and drives that value up. Wait and see who wins the Cunningham sweepstakes and make a haul. Hopefully it's a team in the East.

Obviously the ideal is for him to stay, but I don't see that happening. Just a gut feeling.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#1783 » by KGdaBom » Sat Dec 5, 2020 3:48 am

Norseman79 wrote:My guess is KAT wants out by next year. That's fine. Hopefully he has a great year and drives that value up. Wait and see who wins the Cunningham sweepstakes and make a haul. Hopefully it's a team in the East.

Obviously the ideal is for him to stay, but I don't see that happening. Just a gut feeling.

With his being in the Kardashian Posse you could be right, but the Wolves are going to have a great season and super bright future. If KAT cares about winning he will stay here.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#1784 » by Norseman79 » Sat Dec 5, 2020 3:56 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:My guess is KAT wants out by next year. That's fine. Hopefully he has a great year and drives that value up. Wait and see who wins the Cunningham sweepstakes and make a haul. Hopefully it's a team in the East.

With his being in the Kardashian Posse you could be right, but the Wolves are going to have a great season and super bright future. If KAT cares about winning he will stay here.

Like I said, ideally he would stay. However, I can see him wanting a bigger market and East Coast. Just have to think building wise, not sentimentally. If he wants out even though we are doing well, the smart thing is to act and make a haul of assets.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1785 » by Jedzz » Sat Dec 5, 2020 4:21 am

Norseman79 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Like I said, ideally he would stay. However, I can see him wanting a bigger market and East Coast. Just have to think building wise, not sentimentally. If he wants out even though we are doing well, the smart thing is to act and make a haul of assets.

Now is not the time. Just got Dlo here to play with him. He's had a rotten 2020 losing family. Let's let them hopefully have a fun season winning more than usual and see how he feels down the road. But he's got a contract. Obviously nobody is going to be as stupid as say the Bucks are being right now waiting until he's a free agent to get a guarantee to stay from Giannis. Besides, he hasn't strung solid A game seasons together like Giannis has yet. That still needs to happen before his real value comes into focus for him and Wolves. That's when the ego will really be tested. Can't say the team isn't trying to build here. I don't see a lot of excuses for this year aside from those that don't believe in the picture yet.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,137

Post#1786 » by Calinks » Sat Dec 5, 2020 6:32 am

mercgold3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

When he lost his mom I felt like it would have a major impact, more so than most players. I worry this could really derail his game/career. They were incredibly close. Not surprised to see him say this at all, 7 family members? That's insane. Mentally he may be checked out, I don't know, that's completely devastating. This organization really does seem cursed. 3 members who lost their parents at young ages unexpectedly. Tyus' mom had/has cancer. Bad things seem to always happen. RIP.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1787 » by Jedzz » Sat Dec 5, 2020 6:52 am

Calinks wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

When he lost his mom I felt like it would have a major impact, more so than most players. I worry this could really derail his game/career. They were incredibly close. Not surprised to see him say this at all, 7 family members? That's insane. Mentally he may be checked out, I don't know, that's completely devastating. This organization really does seem cursed. 3 members who lost their parents at young ages unexpectedly. Tyus' mom had/has cancer. Bad things seem to always happen. RIP.

I don't know if he'll need time or not. I mean he's got the means to walk away from basketball if he chooses to. But after family losses happen you are forced to face the reality of what comes next. What's next is living out your life like your parents hoped for you to do. Like they did when or if their parents left them. You go on. The only answer is to get up and go on. I'm not saying this from a greedy fan perspective when I say throwing himself back into basketball fully would probably help him the most to go on and find the most happiness ahead. But it's up to him.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,046

Post#1788 » by shangrila » Sat Dec 5, 2020 7:21 am

Jedzz wrote:
Calinks wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't know if he'll need time or not. I mean he's got the means to walk away from basketball if he chooses to. But after family losses happen you are forced to face the reality of what comes next. What's next is living out your life like your parents hoped for you to do. Like they did when or if their parents left them. You go on. The only answer is to get up and go on. I'm not saying this from a greedy fan perspective when I say throwing himself back into basketball fully would probably help him the most to go on and find the most happiness ahead. But it's up to him.

I think it's important for him to have something to take his mind off things. Plus, he's got an amazing support network around him, ranging from people that can relate to losing a parent (Rubio, Edwards, Saunders) to his best friend (Russell) and his father, who he can grieve with. Not to mention I'd be amazed if he wasn't shown love all season by other players. Whatever sort of trash talk these guys spew at each other at the end of the day it's still a brotherhood and they're all well aware of what he's gone through.

So I think, all things considered, he's got a good spot to get himself back to a better state of mind.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,137

Post#1789 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Dec 5, 2020 2:20 pm

I feel bad for KAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

**The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1790 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sat Dec 5, 2020 3:24 pm

Terrible. I don’t have a good feeling KAT is mentally prepared either just from Timberwolves PR. Nothing basketball related on his personal social media, just him and his gf or doing endorsement stuff.

You’d think our stud player would be plastered all over social media with pics of him in the city jersey, in the gym with his teammates etc. the only thing I’ve seen from him in months in collaboration with the wolves is being the cover man for the December part of the schedule.

Is he even in Minnesota? I mean pre season starts in less than 2 weeks...
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1791 » by Jedzz » Sat Dec 5, 2020 3:31 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Is he even in Minnesota? I mean pre season starts in less than 2 weeks...

It takes less than a day to get to MN from any state since the onset of technology such as planes. He can sleep in yet.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant

Post#1792 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sat Dec 5, 2020 4:13 pm

Jedzz wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Is he even in Minnesota? I mean pre season starts in less than 2 weeks...

It takes less than a day to get to MN from any state since the onset of technology such as planes. He can sleep in yet.

Not if there’s a blizzard
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1793 » by Jedzz » Sat Dec 5, 2020 4:57 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Not if there’s a blizzard

Do not utter such words out loud! Our master plan of Global Warming is winning! Soon, all dese lakes will be surrounded by palm trees!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#1794 » by Klomp » Sat Dec 5, 2020 5:05 pm

He's here.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#1795 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Dec 5, 2020 8:21 pm

Feel so sorry for KAT man. Basketball is nothing compared what he's going through.

viewtopic.php?t=2026500

The Athletic: "Karl-Anthony Towns and the pain basketball can’t fix"
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant

Post#1796 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sun Dec 6, 2020 10:41 pm

Klomp wrote:

He's here.

Just saw a wolves Facebook post with pictures and he’s in one, so we good
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#1797 » by urinesane » Mon Dec 7, 2020 8:54 am

I think we will see a different game from KAT this season, but not necessarily bad. I think he will struggle at times, but I can't imagine he will get frustrated in the same ways. A non-call or some physical play from another tall millionaire don't seem quite as powerful after going through what he's gone through since April.

He's got a good group around him, but like any human he may have some bad days or have his mind elsewhere at times. I don't think it will be a trend or a major factor in KATs output this season, he's got as good a team/front office to be around as I could imagine in the NBA.

I think it's an opportunity to build more loyalty with KAT if anything.

I'd say take it easy on reading tea leaves around it, most 25 year olds would struggle with losing their mother and 7 total family members in roughly 8 months. The fact that the resources he has created through his professional career (i.e. lot's of money) can't help them, probably makes him feel even more powerless.

That's a rougher run than most of us have had this year, I would think.

Karl's human just like the rest of us and I hope that people here don't lose sight of the human aspect when it comes to players. They aren't just assets/commodities that can be leveraged and discarded based on how many wins they create at an extremely well paying ball through a ring game.

I mean, you can look at them like that, it's a business and all that stuff. Ultimately though, we are watching to cheer on talented young men, hoping to see them fulfill their full potential and create beautiful basketball (which is almost always winning basketball).

We watch for the guys doing amazing things we can't do and getting to share in their struggles to overcome adversity... well this team has done a metric f&*k ton already off the court. I imagine the adversity they will face on the court will feel better (outside of injury ofc) than the crap they've had to deal with throughout their careers so far.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1798 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:19 am

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1799 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:41 pm

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1800 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:12 pm

He is a perfectionist on the floor. He wants to succeed, badly. It’s why Towns will help when he doesn’t need to, or unnecessarily attempt to block a stiffly contested shot. That leads to being in no man’s land, fouls or uncontested offensive rebounds.

“Recognizing those situations will help to hopefully deter the urgency to help too much in situations where your help may not be needed,” Vanterpool said. “Understanding, ‘OK, this is what’s necessary right now.’ If it’s not necessary, let’s not do too much.”

Towns is recognizing those situations better in training camp, and is more committed to what his role is within the defense. He is better understanding concepts such as pick-and-roll coverage, knowing when to back to the roller and when to engage the ball handler.

“He’s been able to show in practice or give reasons, (saying), ‘I should’ve been there. My presentation should’ve been there. I didn’t need to commit to the ball right there,’ ” Saunders said. “Didn’t always necessarily see that in the past. His ability to take ownership, I’ve been really impressed with.”

Towns’ defensive goals heading into this season appear to be simple, and prudent.

“Just trying to do my part to be where I’m supposed to be, talk the coverages correctly,” he said. “Just not do too much, like I’ve done sometimes, jumping out of place and things like that.”

https://www.twincities.com/2020/12/22/timberwolves-must-defend-to-win-and-karl-anthony-towns-knows-it/

We'll see if it can be more than just talk as the season goes....

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves