Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Re: Andrew Wiggins one of Warriors' 'core four' players, Bob Myers says 

Post#161 » by michaelm » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:58 am

Little Digger wrote:
michaelm wrote:
cpower wrote:Barnes is a better player. 1 he can defend mutiple positions 2 he can shoot threes (failed in 2016 but still way better %)

Barnes lost GSW a title, followed by being a hard trier but basically an overpaid journeyman elsewhere. I don’t believe Wiggins can be worse than Barnes was in the 2016 play-offs, and don’t consider it entirely unreasonable to hope with others that he can be better in one of the best cultures in the NBA as opposed to one of the worst. We shall see, not all that long to wait now.

Without Barnes, the warriors don’t win their first title in 40 years..He came through on the biggest stage..I’ll even bet you’ve forgotten all his clutch moments in 2015..But Yes he slumped at exactly the wrong time in 2016..

As I said in a later post, I was a Barnes partisan for most of 2016, and don't forget 2015 at all, the small ball death squad etc. It is my opinion he was not the same after the syndesmosis injury, and I also wonder whether he was frozen out (particularly by Draymond) after refusing the early season contract offer, and consider both may have contributed to his poor post season form. His detractors with whom I disagreed for most of his GSW tenure were pretty much proven correct however by his subsequent career imo in regard to his limitations, particularly offensively and especially his shooting, and he simply has not proven to be an elite player in the SF position as far as I can see, having not been the best SF at GSW when he was there for that matter.

Pretty good small ball PF though, as the small ball death squad demonstrated for quite some time. I haven't followed him much lately after doing so early in his post GSW career, but wonder if he could still possibly be quite valuable in that position maybe as a 6th man for the salary he might command now. He seems to have been pigeonholed as a journeyman SF from what little I know of him more recently however.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#162 » by Ilovethebay » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:25 pm

steveshikadance wrote::oops:
Ilovethebay wrote:I swear, only here can one horrible postseason carry more weight than a whole career. Maybe you guys are right : One of the most overpaid inefficient guys in the league with a rap for not "trying" on defense to boot is better than the guy who helped us set a NBA record 73 win season. No...., actually you're wrong and practically every realm poster (except the ones who post here) knows it.Men lie ,women lie, numbers don't.

Just by the numbers Wiggins has averaged more Assists, Steals and Blocks in his career, played with far inferior teammates and organization, better shooter/scorer than Barnes fron 0-16 ft, shot a better career percentage from corner 3s, is a better 1 on 1 scorer based on unassisted points and percentages, if you honestly think Wiggins wouldn't have contributed as much or more to the Earriors 73 win season you are the delusional one

LOL at your cherry-picking stats. Thanks for all the research. That pretty much help me conclude that Barnes did better in all the rest or those obscure stat categories :lol: And LOL on shots from from 0-16 ft, very clever. I value total efficiency more than obscure stats. That’s why I’m a huge Steph Fan. I’m not a Barnes fan but ill take him over Wiggins any day of the week based on their careers so far. And especially when you look at their respective salaries. At least Barnes gives it his all.
The only thing Wiggins has proven is that he can give you inefficient points on bad teams. When he played on a “talented team” with Jimmy Butler and Towns he sucked even worst. And your calling me delusional :lol: There are only a select few players in the NBA who you could trade D Russell for and get a lightly protected sure to be lottery pick, and that’s Wiggins. Actually I take that back. He’s the only one :lol:
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#163 » by Little Digger » Thu Dec 3, 2020 9:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#164 » by whatisacenter » Thu Dec 3, 2020 10:59 pm

Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

It's hard not to respect Wiggins since he has arrived in GS. He has busted his butt and worked hard all offseason and I hope it pays off for him and the team. They are going to need him to play better than he ever has to compete with the top teams.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#165 » by Onus » Thu Dec 3, 2020 11:30 pm

I hope Wiggins gets his redemption with us
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#166 » by Little Digger » Thu Dec 3, 2020 11:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,720

Post#167 » by floppymoose » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:46 am

Just once I want an un-injured player to tell the press that they don't feel as strong as they had hoped coming into camp and that they should have hit the gym more.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#168 » by whatisacenter » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:00 am

floppymoose wrote:Just once I want an un-injured player to tell the press that they don't feel as strong as they had hoped coming into camp and that they should have hit the gym more.

I think Anthony Edwards said he wasn’t in shape for his pro day...I might be wrong tho
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#169 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:16 am

whatisacenter wrote:It's hard not to respect Wiggins since he has arrived in GS. He has busted his butt and worked hard all offseason and I hope it pays off for him and the team. They are going to need him to play better than he ever has to compete with the top teams.

Every player's first priority is to get that first life changing money contract. Once he gets that he has to take a hard look in the mirror and decide if he's achieved enough or if he wants to push further, past the satisfaction of material needs and build the foundation of self-love.

This is going a little deeper into my personal philosophy than typically gets aired on a basketball board but it's the same with any of us. Each of us struggles to feed and house ourselves and our family but once that is achieved with some sense of stability a personal crisis is the result. Am I a worthwhile person? Maybe building and providing for a family is a satisfactory goal, it is for plenty of people. For others it's not enough.

A person can decide they're not worth a damn other than what they achieve in life. Maybe that's building a successful dog grooming business or writing a novel. Hopefully for Wigs(and all of us), he's decided he has no value as a person other than the sense of self-love he derives from winning a championship.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#170 » by Quazza » Sat Dec 5, 2020 2:20 am

Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

amazing what getting out of that **** hole can do for ones soul
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
FloydWarrior
Junior
And1: 182

Post#171 » by FloydWarrior » Sat Dec 5, 2020 4:03 pm

Already see Steph on first training day:

What's a matter, Wolves got you pushing too many pencils?

Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#172 » by Xplatformer » Sat Dec 5, 2020 8:51 pm

steveshikadance wrote::oops:
Ilovethebay wrote:I swear, only here can one horrible postseason carry more weight than a whole career. Maybe you guys are right : One of the most overpaid inefficient guys in the league with a rap for not "trying" on defense to boot is better than the guy who helped us set a NBA record 73 win season. No...., actually you're wrong and practically every realm poster (except the ones who post here) knows it.Men lie ,women lie, numbers don't.

Just by the numbers Wiggins has averaged more Assists, Steals and Blocks in his career, played with far inferior teammates and organization, better shooter/scorer than Barnes fron 0-16 ft, shot a better career percentage from corner 3s, is a better 1 on 1 scorer based on unassisted points and percentages, if you honestly think Wiggins wouldn't have contributed as much or more to the Earriors 73 win season you are the delusional one

Your stats match what I've watched on the court. Barnes may be better than Andrew at some things...but I don't personally think Harrison is a better baller than Andrew. Stronger? yes. Overall better baller? Not based on the games I've watched the two of them play.

If both cost the same $$, I'd rather have Andrew than Harrison.
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#173 » by DaHef » Sat Dec 5, 2020 10:35 pm

Quazza wrote:
Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

amazing what getting out of that **** hole can do for ones soul

He looks totally buffed in the lower picture. Is that recent?
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,238

Post#174 » by CS707 » Sat Dec 5, 2020 10:59 pm

Is it photoshopped?
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Post#175 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Sat Dec 5, 2020 11:23 pm

gst8 wrote:Is it photoshopped?

Nah. However, this is:

Read on Twitter
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#176 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Dec 6, 2020 12:33 am

I don't get why people say Wiggins is "trash" or "one of the worst players in the NBA" ... he's over paid yes, but if he was an unrestricted free agent today he'd get more than Barnes based on his production. Not $10M more, but more. I think the biggest knock on Wiggins is that he was over-drafted and in a terrible situation, then out of desperation he got over-paid.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#177 » by mos_def » Sun Dec 6, 2020 1:12 am

Scoots1994 wrote:I don't get why people say Wiggins is "trash" or "one of the worst players in the NBA" ... he's over paid yes, but if he was an unrestricted free agent today he'd get more than Barnes based on his production. Not $10M more, but more. I think the biggest knock on Wiggins is that he was over-drafted and in a terrible situation, then out of desperation he got over-paid.

I wouldn't say he was overdrafted. He was a big wing with legit skills coming out of Kansas. Parker at 2is a role player. Embiid is good. Aaron Gordon is okay and Exum has washed out. The biggest knock on Wiggins is that he is passive which doesn't fit well with a 1 scorer. He will be fine, especially with curry
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#178 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Dec 6, 2020 1:49 am

mos_def wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:I don't get why people say Wiggins is "trash" or "one of the worst players in the NBA" ... he's over paid yes, but if he was an unrestricted free agent today he'd get more than Barnes based on his production. Not $10M more, but more. I think the biggest knock on Wiggins is that he was over-drafted and in a terrible situation, then out of desperation he got over-paid.

I wouldn't say he was overdrafted. He was a big wing with legit skills coming out of Kansas. Parker at 2is a role player. Embiid is good. Aaron Gordon is okay and Exum has washed out. The biggest knock on Wiggins is that he is passive which doesn't fit well with a 1 scorer. He will be fine, especially with curry

Do you think he would go #1 in a re-draft? Top 5? Top 10?
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#179 » by mos_def » Sun Dec 6, 2020 2:00 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
mos_def wrote:

I dont like doing redrafts years after. It was the draft where Nurkic went mid and Jokic in second round. Jokic would obviously jump higher in scenario, which is why I dont like doing it since it places more emphasis on nba fit and style than college production which the draft and combine more target. I would say top 10 tho
MarxyLebronist
Senior
And1: 330

Post#180 » by MarxyLebronist » Sun Dec 6, 2020 2:31 am

mos_def wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
mos_def wrote:

I dont like doing redrafts years after. It was the draft where Nurkic went mid and Jokic in second round. Jokic would obviously jump higher in scenario, which is why I dont like doing it since it places more emphasis on nba fit and style than college production which the draft and combine more target. I would say top 10 tho

Still, in a re-ranking, it looks like he (might) stay in the lottery. End of it, but in the top half of first round. It was a deep draft and he's still a career NBA starter. That's fine even if, yeah, he's way overpaid due to team situation. Embiid, Dinwiddie, Bogdanović, Capella, Lavine- tons of guys. Talking about his pay is sort of like talking re-draft, right? It's super subjective per the team scenario we're talking about. And Minnesota's is eternally terrible, ha. Wish they'd sell to Seattle already and get some real progress made. Also, Wiggins was how CLE got Love right? They never win a title without him, and probably lost one from missing him in there at some point, too.

Return to Golden State Warriors