2021 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

namlede
Sophomore
And1: 108

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#81 » by namlede » Sun Dec 6, 2020 2:45 pm

We need to trade up and get him if we don't get the #1 pick. Isn't this the reason why Sam collected so many assets?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#82 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 6, 2020 2:57 pm

namlede wrote:We need to trade up and get him if we don't get the #1 pick. Isn't this the reason why Sam collected so many assets?

Yes. I still don't think it's Cade or bust with this draft.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#83 » by spearsy23 » Sun Dec 6, 2020 3:45 pm

I'd agree, the are too many great prospects to give up a lot of assets this year.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
namlede
Sophomore

Post#84 » by namlede » Sun Dec 6, 2020 3:45 pm

I do like what I've seen with both Suggs and Mobley, both of them would be a nice consolation prize. My only issue with Mobley is I feel he needs to be more aggressive, he seems to have a laid back nature. That is fine but we already have someone like that in Shai.

Suggs is pretty polished, is pretty well rounded. And us super smart. Just feel like Cade has the higher ceiling.

But I'd be happy with either.
ThunderBolt wrote:
namlede wrote:We need to trade up and get him if we don't get the #1 pick. Isn't this the reason why Sam collected so many assets?

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#85 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 6, 2020 3:52 pm

namlede wrote:I do like what I've seen with both Suggs and Mobley, both of them would be a nice consolation prize. My only issue with Mobley is I feel he needs to be more aggressive, he seems to have a laid back nature. That is fine but we already have someone like that in Shai.

Suggs is pretty polished, is pretty well rounded. And us super smart. Just feel like Cade has the higher ceiling.

ThunderBolt wrote:

I kind of like the fact that Mobley isn't forcing the issue. Some of his lack of aggression is that his teammates play too much hero ball from what I've seen. Suggs looks great too. We haven't even seen Green and Kuminga yet. I keep hearing that this draft has lots of guys that will be stars but maybe not superstars.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#86 » by getrichordie » Sun Dec 6, 2020 5:20 pm

A few names to keep an eye on:

Drew Timme
Rocket Watts
Andrew Nembhard
Quentin Grimes
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#87 » by Old Man Game » Sun Dec 6, 2020 8:25 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:I didn't get a chance to watch OSU last night but Cade's highlights looked really good. His passing and body control remind me of Lebron. He doesn't have Lebron's athleticism but other aspects of his game are similar.

Read on Twitter
He definitely has that 'man among boys' thing.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 8, 2020 1:59 am

Moody was Cade’s teammate in high school. He could be a nice pickup later in the draft depending on where Houston’s pick lands.
Read on Twitter
namlede
Sophomore

Post#89 » by namlede » Wed Dec 9, 2020 1:50 am

Oklahoma State is a bad basketball team. Without Cade they might not even be a .500 calibur team.

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Dec 9, 2020 1:05 pm

Mobley is something else. The final pass he does in this video at the 2:15 mark is one of the many reasons I wouldn't hesitate to draft him number one.
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#91 » by thedoppelganger » Wed Dec 9, 2020 2:27 pm

Cade had the full scoring arsenal on display last night
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:19 pm

Read on Twitter
thedoppelganger
Senior

Post#93 » by thedoppelganger » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Clutch shot on the first tweet after what had been a frustrating game for him.

But the second video is the kind of play on both sides of the ball that is so exciting and reminds me a bit of Ben Simmons in the ability to play great defense, grab the rebound and transition into a PnR on the other end with the body control to avoid a charge call
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:41 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

But the second video is the kind of play on both sides of the ball that is so exciting and reminds me a bit of Ben Simmons in the ability to play great defense, grab the rebound and transition into a PnR on the other end with the body control to avoid a charge call

Good news is I don’t think Detroit is worse than us from what I saw last night.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:47 pm

Scottie Barnes is the real deal. Not an elite scorer but the kind of guy that makes your team much better.
thedoppelganger
Senior

Post#96 » by thedoppelganger » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:50 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good news is I don’t think Detroit is worse than us from what I saw last night.

As long as Blake is there all season I'm not worried about Detroit, Knicks and Cavs are probably the main competition.
mr570
Senior
And1: 291

Post#97 » by mr570 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:56 am

namlede wrote:I do like what I've seen with both Suggs and Mobley, both of them would be a nice consolation prize. My only issue with Mobley is I feel he needs to be more aggressive, he seems to have a laid back nature. That is fine but we already have someone like that in Shai.

ThunderBolt wrote:

Don't worry. Watching this game right now, Pokusevski will be more than assertive enough for both Shai and Mobley :lol:
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#98 » by Old Man Game » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:42 pm

Really nice breakdown of Cunningham's game by Mike Schmitz. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIlku93hLzA/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:31 pm

Old Man Game wrote:Really nice breakdown of Cunningham's game by Mike Schmitz. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIlku93hLzA/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Nice breakdown. Most of his highlight videos don’t show this kind of stuff. I hear a lot about his lack of athleticism. Maybe I’m allowing the pendulum to swing too far in the opposite direction, but after what I’ve seen with a lot of our unskilled athletes I think athleticism gets overrated.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#100 » by Old Man Game » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:21 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:Really nice breakdown of Cunningham's game by Mike Schmitz. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIlku93hLzA/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Nice breakdown. Most of his highlight videos don’t show this kind of stuff. I hear a lot about his lack of athleticism. Maybe I’m allowing the pendulum to swing too far in the opposite direction, but after what I’ve seen with a lot of our unskilled athletes I think athleticism gets overrated.
Yeah. Especially given his size for the position it seems like nit picking to worry that he's not Russ or pre injury Rose.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder