ImageImageImage

Sixers Lineups Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#161 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 6:50 am

51X3RF4N wrote:Interesting to see Doc commenting about Shake being a playmaker off the bench, and Furkan being a big part this season.

Makes me think the starters are definitely Green/Curry.

Based on those comments, the depth chart seems like:

PG- Curry/Milton/Maxey
SG- Green/Thybulle/Joe
SF- Simmons/Korkmaz/Anderson
PF- Harris/Scott/Reed
C- Embiid/Howard/Bradley

With Ferguson, Broekhoff, Walton and Mathias on the outside looking in.

I have to imagine Ferguson is on his way out in another deal already but they just can't announce it until the Horford trade is finalized, and then another waiting period before he can technically be traded, right?

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Ferguson can be traded right away if he is the only player going out.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#162 » by LloydFree » Tue Dec 8, 2020 1:03 am

So now Justin Anderson is on the outside looking in. The 76ers have 15 players with full guarantees. They now have 10.5 million in wasted salary (Ferguson, Bradley and Porier) they will have to get rid of to avoid tax or use to match in a trade.

Starters:
PG - Simmons
SG - Curry
SF - D Geeen
PF - T Harris
C - Embiid

Bench:
PG - Shake
SG - Furkan Korkmaz
SF - Thybulle
PF - Scott
C - D Howard

3rd string:
PG- Maxey
SG - Isaiah Joe
SG - T Ferguson
C - Vincent Porier
C - Tony Bradley

16. Justin Anderson
17. Ryan Broekhoff
18. Paul Reed (2-way) Bluecoats
19. Dakota Mathias (2-way) Bluecoats
20. Derrick Walton (Exibit 10) Bluecoats

Waived: Lamine Diane (Exibit 10) Bluecoats
Waived: Justin Robinson (Exibit 10) Bluecoats
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#163 » by BullyKing » Tue Dec 8, 2020 1:14 am

It'll be interesting to see if they just bit the bullet and cut Poirier to keep Anderson since he at least gives us something we could use as a 3/4 defender off the bench.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#164 » by LloydFree » Tue Dec 8, 2020 1:21 am

I see a Korkmaz trade in the next two weeks. Incoming 2nd round pick.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#165 » by BullyKing » Tue Dec 8, 2020 1:25 am

Yeah good call, I could see that happening. That or Poirier goes to a team close to the tax line and trying to cut costs. Say Bucks for DJ Wilson. See if you can get their 2027 2nd also.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#166 » by PhillyPhilly » Tue Dec 8, 2020 1:50 am

Whichever way you want to break it down, the line-ups listed above are not getting us anywhere this season. So either Morey makes moves before the deadline or it will be another sorry post-season in Philly imo. A PG who can't shoot and a SG who can shoot but can't defend!!!...hmmm where have I seen that before? Smh. As for the SF spot? Green ain't the one at all...we need better. Everyone blamed Brand for the teams woes last season..so we're gonna see if those same folks will keep that same energy for Morey next season if things go wrong..let's see :D .
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#167 » by ankle420breaker » Tue Dec 8, 2020 3:26 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:Whichever way you want to break it down, the line-ups listed above are not getting us anywhere this season. So either Morey makes moves before the deadline or it will be another sorry post-season in Philly imo. A PG who can't shoot and a SG who can shoot but can't defend!!!...hmmm where have I seen that before? Smh. As for the SF spot? Green ain't the one at all...we need better. Everyone blamed Brand for the teams woes last season..so we're gonna see if those same folks will keep that same energy for Morey next season if things go wrong..let's see :D .
We'll see how they do, but at least we've opened up some flexibility. It's not as if Elton Brand (you) left Morey much to work with.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#168 » by ckchen » Tue Dec 8, 2020 3:45 am

LloydFree wrote:I see a Korkmaz trade in the next two weeks. Incoming 2nd round pick.

Um, pretty sure the new regime loves Kork, don't they?
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#169 » by LloydFree » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:46 pm

I didn't know Terrance Ferguson was that skinny. He looks skinnier than Isaiah Joe.

Read on Twitter
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#170 » by 76ciology » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:50 pm

LloydFree wrote:I didn't know Terrance Ferguson was that skinny. He looks skinnier than Isaiah Joe.

Read on Twitter

Maxey is great posing at the camera.

I think Korky is funny in real life :lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#171 » by Kobblehead » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:55 pm

Yeah, Ferguson is really skinny. He's really tall too, so him being like 190 is stretched pretty thin.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#172 » by LloydFree » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:56 pm

76ciology wrote:
LloydFree wrote:I didn't know Terrance Ferguson was that skinny. He looks skinnier than Isaiah Joe.

Read on Twitter

Maxey is great posing at the camera.

I think Korky is funny in real life :lol:

Broekhoff and Tony Bradley may wanna think about doing a few push-ups before the next photoshoot.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,664

Post#173 » by Negrodamus » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:21 pm

What's kinda funny is this lineup suits Brett Brown's offense perfectly. Our team doesn't feel all that different than 17-18 Sixers where the offense was running DHO with Redick and Embiid, have an all NBA defender who shoots a lot of threes in Cov.

We'll probably get a huge scoring output from Embiid, but nothing seems to have philosophically changed in terms of adding offensive creators to this team. Shake and Maxey (and Walton I guess) are pretty much it.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#174 » by LloydFree » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:56 pm

One cut left

Read on Twitter

Starters:
PG - Simmons
SG - Curry
SF - D Geeen
PF - T Harris
C - Embiid

Bench:
PG - Shake
PG- Maxey
SF - Thybulle
PF - Scott
C - D Howard

3rd string:
SG - Isaiah Joe
SG - Furkan Korkmaz - 1.9 guaranteed
SG - Ferguson - 3.9m guaranteed
C - T. Bradley - 3.5m guaranteed
C - V. Poirier - 2.5m guaranteed

16. Justin Anderson

17. Paul Reed (2-way) Bluecoats
18. Dakota Mathias (2-way) Bluecoats

Waived: Derrick Walton (Exibit 10) Bluecoats
Waived: Ryan Broekhoff
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#175 » by Kobblehead » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:01 pm

Can't we give Justin Anderson a coaching internship or something? He brings nothing to the basketball court but we want to keep him for comradery.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,803

Post#176 » by kriss73 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:11 pm

LloydFree wrote:One cut left

Read on Twitter

Starters:
PG - Simmons
SG - Curry
SF - D Geeen
PF - T Harris
C - Embiid

Bench:
PG - Shake
PG- Maxey
SF - Thybulle
PF - Scott
C - D Howard

3rd string:
SG - Isaiah Joe

16. Justin Anderson

The bench is way too unexperienced and we lack a wing with points in his hands besides Tobias.

Green,Kork and Matisse are 3&d players at their best.
On paper, I love our guards rotation and the subs for Joel/Tobias too.

I'd try to package Fergs/Poirier/2nd pick for a vet wing able to create for himself to strengthen the bench
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#177 » by LloydFree » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:29 pm

kriss73 wrote:
LloydFree wrote:One cut left

Read on Twitter

Starters:
PG - Simmons
SG - Curry
SF - D Geeen
PF - T Harris
C - Embiid

Bench:
PG - Shake
PG- Maxey
SF - Thybulle
PF - Scott
C - D Howard

3rd string:
SG - Isaiah Joe

16. Justin Anderson

The bench is way too unexperienced and we lack a wing with points in his hands besides Tobias.

I'd try to package Fergs/Poirier/2nd pick for a vet wing able to create for himself to strengthen the bench

I don't think they'll try to address any needs until they play together for awhile.

I think they either:
1. Cut Justin Anderson
2. Trade Furkan for a late 2nd
3. Trade Ferguson along with a 2nd rounder to save tax.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,803

Post#178 » by kriss73 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:35 pm

LloydFree wrote:
kriss73 wrote:The bench is way too unexperienced and we lack a wing with points in his hands besides Tobias.

I don't think they'll try to address any needs until they play together for awhile.

I think they either:
1. Cut Justin Anderson
2. Trade Furkan for a late 2nd
3. Trade Ferguson along with a 2nd rounder to save tax.

The logical move is to cut Anderson.
Taxes ain't no problem until trade deadline, so they could and shoud wait.
They need shooting, so trading Furk would be a strange move.

Maybe a player by player to balance the end past of the roster, something on the line of Poirier for a wing.
Poirier wants to play and this isn't the best situation for him.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#179 » by the_process » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:57 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:Whichever way you want to break it down, the line-ups listed above are not getting us anywhere this season. So either Morey makes moves before the deadline or it will be another sorry post-season in Philly imo. A PG who can't shoot and a SG who can shoot but can't defend!!!...hmmm where have I seen that before? Smh. As for the SF spot? Green ain't the one at all...we need better. Everyone blamed Brand for the teams woes last season..so we're gonna see if those same folks will keep that same energy for Morey next season if things go wrong..let's see :D .

Yeah, it’s far different than last year. They have clearly signaled its a step back to take 2 forward. But continue on with your transparent attempt of a defense of Elton.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#180 » by PhillyPhilly » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:05 pm

the_process wrote:

Yeah, it’s far different than last year. They have clearly signaled its a step back to take 2 forward. But continue on with your transparent attempt of a defense of Elton.

You already making excuses? :lol: :lol: Like I said above, Morey has an opportunity to improve the roster further before the deadline. It's HIS team now, and he should be judged on RESULTS just like Elton was...PERIOD.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers