Cade Cunningham

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Re: Cade Cunningham 

Post#101 » by MemphisX » Tue Dec 8, 2020 8:22 am

Alonzo_Morning wrote:Is Cade anywhere near Luka?

Close as prospects but Luka's development clouds any comp to him right now.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,610

Post#102 » by KembaWalker » Tue Dec 8, 2020 1:55 pm

clyde21 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
clyde21 wrote:lol @ comparing Deni to Cade

You'll figure it out eventually, people are in the blind honeymoon phase on this dude still and it's really funny. Not even a single post in here about his flaring elbow and inconsistent shot mechanics

honeymoon stage? Cade is not even my guy I just know a dumb comparison when I see one.

just because Deni can grab a board and make a pass in transition doesn't make him a facilitator of offense like Cade and other true points are.

true point? guys averaging 4.3 assists and 3.3 TO against teams that have a combined record of 5-14
:crazy:
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#103 » by clyde21 » Tue Dec 8, 2020 3:35 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
You'll figure it out eventually, people are in the blind honeymoon phase on this dude still and it's really funny. Not even a single post in here about his flaring elbow and inconsistent shot mechanics

honeymoon stage? Cade is not even my guy I just know a dumb comparison when I see one.

just because Deni can grab a board and make a pass in transition doesn't make him a facilitator of offense like Cade and other true points are.

true point? guys averaging 4.3 assists and 3.3 TO against teams that have a combined record of 5-14

let us know when u actually watch the games
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#104 » by Marcus » Tue Dec 8, 2020 4:15 pm

Gotta love "only numbers guy"
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,610

Post#105 » by KembaWalker » Tue Dec 8, 2020 4:28 pm

clyde21 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I've seen every assist he's had, he's not a true point
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#106 » by Marcus » Tue Dec 8, 2020 4:30 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:

I've seen every assist he's had, he's not a true point

We've established you're not a believer in Cade. You're entitled to that. Which prospects in this class do you like?
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#107 » by Village Idiot » Wed Dec 9, 2020 1:44 pm

He's talented and he makes it look effortless but it also looks like he is expending very little effort. There's something Michael Beasleyish to his gaze. Why aren't they blowing out the opposition if he's such a stud? Thus far I'm not that impressed TBH.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#108 » by No-Man » Wed Dec 9, 2020 3:37 pm

Marcus wrote:
Alonzo_Morning wrote:Is Cade anywhere near Luka?

Huge separator is Luka's jumper and Luka's ability to manipulate the defense. Don't know if Cade ever catches up in that regard same as I don't think Luka will be the defender Cade will be so it's not really a one for one comp. the being effective without looking like you should be effective is how the correlation is made with the two I think.

Cade's jumper is really freaking good, and he can manipulate the defense as well

the only real separator to me is moxie, Luka wants to be the guy always, not sure if Cade is that aggressive
namlede
Sophomore
And1: 112

Post#109 » by namlede » Wed Dec 9, 2020 4:49 pm

His team is not very good.
Village Idiot wrote:He's talented and he makes it look effortless but it also looks like he is expending very little effort. There's something Michael Beasleyish to his gaze. Why aren't they blowing out the opposition if he's such a stud? Thus far I'm not that impressed TBH.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#110 » by Marcus » Wed Dec 9, 2020 6:02 pm

Aggressive Cade is a fun Cade to watch
Watch More Basketball

The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,089

Post#111 » by The-Power » Wed Dec 9, 2020 6:21 pm

I want him to improve his ball handling some more. It can be a bit robotic and a bit too loose, and he doesn't have that kind of probing stop-and-go game yet that someone like Luka has mastered already. Cade is prone to pick up his dribble when he gets cut off and consequently forced to pass. There's also not that much wiggle or dribble-manipulation to his game yet, which I feel like is a matter of ball handling skills and being fully aware of the advantages. So there is room to grow for him in this regard.

That being said, he's just so good at using his strength to move defenders and his court vision, calmness and passing skills to find his teammates, making quick reads as well as being patient depending on what the situation requires, is genuinely amazing. His shot is very promising, and he'll be a nightmare to deal with when he gets to the rim – he's not the most skilled finisher of lay-ups but the way he creates spaces with his strength and composure is amazing for a college player, and of course he can exploit that in multiple ways. He also has a good touch with both hands on post-ups, that's really something you don't see often in a ball-handling wing these days and something that should help him in the playoffs in particular where scoring versatility in the half-court becomes so important.

And yeah, of course he's just a guy with great basketball iq as well as leadership (just look at the non-verbal interactions with his teammates in the heat of the game). I have no doubts that he'll be the leader of a good team sooner rather than later, and prospects where you can confidently say that are extremely rare.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,767

Post#112 » by Upperclass » Wed Dec 9, 2020 7:03 pm

Reminds me of Evan Turner.. you have to draft him high but will suck to be the team that does
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#113 » by MotownMadness » Wed Dec 9, 2020 9:45 pm

Upperclass wrote:Reminds me of Evan Turner.. you have to draft him high but will suck to be the team that does

Was Evan Turner hitting 3s in college?
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#114 » by clyde21 » Wed Dec 9, 2020 10:33 pm

he is nothing like Turner, Turner body type was bad, was 2 years older at draft time, not nearly as good of a shooter/3-level scorer as Cade, also Turner got assists but he couldn't really run half-court sets like Cade can

Cade is Penny Hardaway, less athletic with more PG skills
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#115 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:26 am

clyde21 wrote:he is nothing like Turner, Turner body type was bad, was 2 years older at draft time, not nearly as good of a shooter/3-level scorer as Cade, also Turner got assists but he couldn't really run half-court sets like Cade can

How about Brandon Roy?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#116 » by Marcus » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:51 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
clyde21 wrote:he is nothing like Turner, Turner body type was bad, was 2 years older at draft time, not nearly as good of a shooter/3-level scorer as Cade, also Turner got assists but he couldn't really run half-court sets like Cade can

How about Brandon Roy?

Maybe in method of attack. But more of a true point than primary ball handler with distribution ability. Cade is the better passer and floor general.
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#117 » by Marcus » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:42 pm

For a little more context in that 29 point game.

Watch More Basketball

Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#118 » by Roddy B for 3 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:11 pm

To all the questions about Luka and Cade, Luka is much much bigger.

When Luka attacks the paint he will run through you. Cade dosen't have that size and probably can't get away with that at the NCAA level. (They are more old school with how they enforce rules).

In the NBA, as of now I'd expect Cade to be a 24/8/7 45/37/83 guy with good defense.

I do think his teams will year in and year out out perform their talent.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#119 » by King Ken » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:16 pm

Less explosive Grant Hill, better passer and shooter at the same stage.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#120 » by Ruzious » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:37 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:To all the questions about Luka and Cade, Luka is much much bigger.

When Luka attacks the paint he will run through you. Cade dosen't have that size and probably can't get away with that at the NCAA level. (They are more old school with how they enforce rules).

In the NBA, as of now I'd expect Cade to be a 24/8/7 45/37/83 guy with good defense.

I do think his teams will year in and year out out perform their talent.

Really? Cade's listed at 6'8 220 at age 19. How much bigger is Luka? Maybe the difference is in the willingness to play physical?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to NBA Draft