ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NFL Draft Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,364

Re: Official Giants Thread 

Post#581 » by Strick » Wed Dec 9, 2020 8:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21

FREAK
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#582 » by blueNorange » Wed Dec 9, 2020 8:49 pm

looking at that film you can't forget about him, that's a top 10 pick -- well out of the giants range.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,871

Post#583 » by GONYK » Wed Dec 9, 2020 8:51 pm

blueNorange wrote:looking at that film you can't forget about him, that's a top 10 pick -- well out of the giants range.

Similar to Simmons from last year.

Any chance of him hotboxing with a gas mask? :lol:
ItsPajama
Rookie
And1: 1,167

Post#584 » by ItsPajama » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:25 am

Strick wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21

FREAK

Yeah nah, this dude is a top 10 pick, no doubt about it in my mind, literally just looked at the those plays and you can see it in him. it's one of those no brainer situations where you just know. We might not be able to get him, it's hurting me :D
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 685

Post#585 » by -YogiBiz- » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:45 pm

Strick wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:ZAVEN COLLINS YALL ZAVEN COLLINS.

But about Solder, I think he retires. His son's health has been taking a big-time toll on him, and he might just be better served spending time with him.

Yep I think I mentioned him a page back. He’s a monster. I have watched a good amount of Tulsa because they get a good amount of air time where I’m at. He’s a stud. Seems to make the biggest play of the game every single week. 6’4 260 lb LB who can cover, rush the passer, make plays sideline to sideline, etc. Giving Graham someone like that would be ridiculous. I’m scared he goes before we pick now. He’s been getting really hyped the last 2 months and seems to continue to one up himself week by week :lol:

I really hope we draft him. He would be amazing for Graham and this D.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#586 » by GONYK » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#587 » by blueNorange » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:08 pm

big time playmaker, giants offense has potential to be unstoppable with barkley, golladay, slayton, shep, rudolph, and beckum.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
GIMME_DATT
Veteran
And1: 1,739

Post#588 » by GIMME_DATT » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:37 pm

The pressure to perform just ramped up on Daniel Jones.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#589 » by GONYK » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:02 pm

GIMME_DATT wrote:The pressure to perform just ramped up on Daniel Jones.
Good. We need to know what he is sooner rather than later.

He's got playmakers on the outside, the slot, TE's, and hopefully the backfield, with the potential to add more in the draft.

The environment is set to make a leap.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#590 » by GONYK » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:07 pm

We are set up pretty well for the draft too. Especially if we can reach a deal with Adoree Jackson.

Heading into the draft with all the major holes addressed, to a degree, prevents the risk of "grocery shopping when hungry"
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#591 » by blueNorange » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:27 pm

i'd try to trade engram for a pick and draft pitts.

he has potential to being a playmaking tight end and rudolph would be a good mentor.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,639

Post#592 » by mpharris36 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:41 pm

Finally got a big bodied WR since plax.

Needed this. Now in the draft we can draft BPA available. We could really use an edge rusher/outside linebacker. We could use another good offensive lineman. And a corner.

Hoping they get Jackson to round out FA which would be huge.

But getting golladay is huge
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#593 » by DaGawd » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:06 pm

I just hope Kenny stays healthy.. but I can’t argue with this move. If Jones is ass this season we better start looking elsewhere.. idc that he reminds the Mara family of Eli..
BaF
Washington Wizards
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#594 » by Polk377 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:10 pm

On paper the Giants offense looks like a major force next season. Barkley healthy backed by Booker, KG and Slayton on the outside with either Shepard or Ross in the slot, Engram and Rudolph for different TE looks in every set. Danny Dimes is set up to feast. Also another offseason of development in the books for the young offensive line.

The defense still has some holes and the loss of Tomlinson hurts but locking Williams up was the right thing to do. Ragland was a good signing to put another tackle machine next to Martinez. The linebacking core should be decent with a healthy Carter, Ximines and Crowder. They are really solid at both safety spots with Peppers, McKinney, Love and Ryan. They still need a CB2 to go along with Bradbury with Holmes in the NCB role. Maybe put Ryan or Love at CB for extended plays. Another Edge rusher or DT to shore up the DL would also be welcomed.

I don't expect too much more from free agency but still holding out hope for Adoree' Jackson. Locking down that 2nd CB before the draft would give us all the options going into the draft and let us get the BPA without feeling obligated at any position.
jas65
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#595 » by jas65 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:35 pm

Polk377 wrote:On paper the Giants offense looks like a major force next season. Barkley healthy backed by Booker, KG and Slayton on the outside with either Shepard or Ross in the slot, Engram and Rudolph for different TE looks in every set. Danny Dimes is set up to feast. Also another offseason of development in the books for the young offensive line.

The defense still has some holes and the loss of Tomlinson hurts but locking Williams up was the right thing to do. Ragland was a good signing to put another tackle machine next to Martinez. The linebacking core should be decent with a healthy Carter, Ximines and Crowder. They are really solid at both safety spots with Peppers, McKinney, Love and Ryan. They still need a CB2 to go along with Bradbury with Holmes in the NCB role. Maybe put Ryan or Love at CB for extended plays. Another Edge rusher or DT to shore up the DL would also be welcomed.

I don't expect too much more from free agency but still holding out hope for Adoree' Jackson. Locking down that 2nd CB before the draft would give us all the options going into the draft and let us get the BPA without feeling obligated at any position.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1373695852225699853
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#596 » by Polk377 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:14 am

jas65 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:On paper the Giants offense looks like a major force next season. Barkley healthy backed by Booker, KG and Slayton on the outside with either Shepard or Ross in the slot, Engram and Rudolph for different TE looks in every set. Danny Dimes is set up to feast. Also another offseason of development in the books for the young offensive line.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1373695852225699853

Good news. I love how players want to be here with the Giants and the culture Judge is building is relaying to players out there.

If they sign Jackson, the Giants should again look to take the best Offensive Lineman available. All these weapons will be useless if they can't win the battle at the line of scrimmage.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 787

Re: OT: Official Giants Thread 

Post#597 » by KOA » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:33 am

Not a big fan of the Golladay signing. It really doesn't matter who you have as your receivers if your O-Line is garbage. Brady had proven time and time again that he could make any receiver look like a pro-bowler if he has the time to throw. The offense will likely underperform again this year without any improvements there.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#598 » by blueNorange » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:17 am

KOA wrote:Not a big fan of the Golladay signing. It really doesn't matter who you have as your receivers if your O-Line is garbage. Brady had proven time and time again that he could make any receiver look like a pro-bowler if he has the time to throw. The offense will likely underperform again this year without any improvements there.

imagine not being a fan of signing an elite wide reciever.

lol.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#599 » by Da_Mane_Man » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:31 am

KOA wrote:Not a big fan of the Golladay signing. It really doesn't matter who you have as your receivers if your O-Line is garbage. Brady had proven time and time again that he could make any receiver look like a pro-bowler if he has the time to throw. The offense will likely underperform again this year without any improvements there.

see, what you're missing is that this is only part of the process. the NFL draft is coming up next month. now that the Giants have signed a top WR, they no longer need to draft one early, and can spend those early picks on the o-line.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#600 » by GONYK » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:07 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using RealGM mobile app

Return to New York Knicks