ImageImageImage

Sophmores, 2020-21 – Langford, G. Williams, Edwards, Waters, Tacko

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,654

Re: Sophmores, 2020-21 – Langford, G. Williams, Edwards, Waters, Tacko, Green 

Post#681 » by grindtime22 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:09 pm

CelticsLV wrote:For all the praise Brad gets for putting players in a position to succeed, he did a very poor job with Langford imo. Every time he was out there it was a 3&D role, although his strengths are ball handling and slashing. Brad never goes out of his comfort zone and rookies suffer the most because of it. I understand Brad is trying to win games but then he and Ainge should do a better job at drafting for fit instead of wasting talent away. After such a year I'm not sure if Langford will even feel comfortable with the ball in his hands anymore.

Romeo needs to get healthy. He probably doesn't feel comfortable with the ball in his hands, because of thumb and wrist surgery. I'm not even sure he feels comfortable getting out of bed.

Thumb injury misses summer league
Missed a little time in training camp with strained groin
Injured his ankle
Returned and injured his ankle again
He comes back then isn't available for 4 games because of illness at beginning of January
Leaves a game due to illness in March
Misses a bubble scrimmage due to illness
Tore ligaments in his wrist before playoffs, decides to play through it
Surprise minutes against Miami and he immediately strains his abductor

I really like the kid. He has shown a few really high upside traits in his short stretches. He has the size that everybody covets. His defense looked really good, which is always great for a young player. The defense will give him a base that keeps him in the NBA and assure he isn't James Young. He also has shown the ability to smoothly get by his defender with ease with that first step. It seems like he can get to the basket anytime he wants.

Romeo just didn't stay healthy long enough to add more to his plate. I think Brad really likes the kid and wants to add more, but it just wasn't possible last season.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,215

Post#682 » by Parliament10 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 2:03 am

Looks like some of these Guys are going to get some burn this year.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,013

Post#683 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Dec 2, 2020 2:42 pm

Didn't Lebron stupidly apply for a trademark for Taco Tuesday? Or was that denied? Hope Tacko doesn't get sued.

░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
thomas1897
Junior
And1: 86

Post#684 » by thomas1897 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 6:21 pm

The answer is how does Brad Stevens use these players and evaluate them to assume new roles and pick up the slack that Gordon Hayward had. Time and growth will determine the outcome. If some of these players do not fit package them in trades or find new roles.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Sophmores, 2020-21 – Langford, G. Williams, Edwards, Waters, Tacko, Green 

Post#685 » by Parliament10 » Wed Dec 9, 2020 8:03 pm

6 x 2nd year guys. This aught to be interesting.
How do y'all think they're doing, so far?
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#686 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Dec 9, 2020 10:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#687 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:06 am

Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#688 » by Spin Move » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:44 am

So I have sort of written off everyone but Romeo and Grant, perhaps prematurily in my head, but don't see waters or edwards (both under 6 feet) or Fall, too slow to do anything in the nba. Green shows some flashes but he is 27 and does not look like anything special despite him being a good story. I am hopeful Grant can turn into a Jae Crowder type and Curious to see what langford does when healthy but I don't think Edwards or waters are being held in high esteem or we would not have drafted Pritchard.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,966

Post#689 » by cl2117 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:35 pm

Spin Move wrote:So I have sort of written off everyone but Romeo and Grant, perhaps prematurily in my head, but don't see waters or edwards (both under 6 feet) or Fall, too slow to do anything in the nba. Green shows some flashes but he is 27 and does not look like anything special despite him being a good story. I am hopeful Grant can turn into a Jae Crowder type and Curious to see what langford does when healthy but I don't think Edwards or waters are being held in high esteem or we would not have drafted Pritchard.

It involved a lot of gesticulating and him standing on a table in a bar, but I've come around to the idea that Tacko can actually play in the NBA as a rotation piece. Maybe not on a good team, but I think he could absolutely be Boban-esque, if not better.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#690 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:56 pm

Read on Twitter
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#691 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:57 am

Read on Twitter

Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#692 » by Patsfan1081 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:51 am

Spin Move wrote:So I have sort of written off everyone but Romeo and Grant, perhaps prematurily in my head, but don't see waters or edwards (both under 6 feet) or Fall, too slow to do anything in the nba. Green shows some flashes but he is 27 and does not look like anything special despite him being a good story. I am hopeful Grant can turn into a Jae Crowder type and Curious to see what langford does when healthy but I don't think Edwards or waters are being held in high esteem or we would not have drafted Pritchard.

It seems like one year would be enough time to get a read on these kids. I’m honestly surprised Ainge brought all of them back instead of using the 30th pick to take a flyer on someone. Bane was a four year player and prob more ready than all of the soph guys outside Grant.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#693 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:41 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

My guy!

and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#694 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Long-term, we might be better served giving Green's minutes to Nesmith and Langford. But we're short on wings right now so I don't mind seeing Javonte playing. Liked his hustle, help, and awareness on the defensive end last night.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#695 » by Parliament10 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:04 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Grant Williams is the only 2nd year player, getting any real burn.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#696 » by FlatearthZorro » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:47 am

Edwards and Grant seem like wasted picks to me. Danny should've consolidated if he could.

Langford and Nesmith sho uld have a chance to be something, hopefully.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Post#697 » by Bohemian » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:43 am

FlatearthZorro wrote:Edwards and Grant seem like wasted picks to me. Danny should've consolidated if he could.

Really bad picks. Only Langford has some potential, marred by injuries though. The rest are not even rotation players. Grant Williams is incredibly overrated by fans and the rest shouldn´t be in any roster.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#698 » by FlatearthZorro » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:46 am

Bohemian wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:Edwards and Grant seem like wasted picks to me. Danny should've consolidated if he could.

Really bad picks. Only Langford has some potential, marred by injuries though. The rest are not even rotation players. Grant Williams is incredibly overrated by fans and the rest shouldn´t be in any roster.

Nesmith has potential in today's league for sure. But Edwards and Grant are absolutely wasted picks so far. Grant has Brad's trust, but he's just too small and he can't shoot 3s.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#699 » by jmr07019 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:03 pm

grindtime22 wrote:
CelticsLV wrote:For all the praise Brad gets for putting players in a position to succeed, he did a very poor job with Langford imo. Every time he was out there it was a 3&D role, although his strengths are ball handling and slashing. Brad never goes out of his comfort zone and rookies suffer the most because of it. I understand Brad is trying to win games but then he and Ainge should do a better job at drafting for fit instead of wasting talent away. After such a year I'm not sure if Langford will even feel comfortable with the ball in his hands anymore.

Romeo needs to get healthy. He probably doesn't feel comfortable with the ball in his hands, because of thumb and wrist surgery. I'm not even sure he feels comfortable getting out of bed.

Thumb injury misses summer league
Missed a little time in training camp with strained groin
Injured his ankle
Returned and injured his ankle again
He comes back then isn't available for 4 games because of illness at beginning of January
Leaves a game due to illness in March
Misses a bubble scrimmage due to illness
Tore ligaments in his wrist before playoffs, decides to play through it
Surprise minutes against Miami and he immediately strains his abductor

I really like the kid. He has shown a few really high upside traits in his short stretches. He has the size that everybody covets. His defense looked really good, which is always great for a young player. The defense will give him a base that keeps him in the NBA and assure he isn't James Young. He also has shown the ability to smoothly get by his defender with ease with that first step. It seems like he can get to the basket anytime he wants.

Romeo just didn't stay healthy long enough to add more to his plate. I think Brad really likes the kid and wants to add more, but it just wasn't possible last season.

Missing time due to illness on 3 separate occasions is a red flag for me. Romeo needs to sack up and play through it. I wonder if he has a case of the Fultz?
Show Love Spread Love
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,963

Post#700 » by jfs1000d » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:33 pm

This is getting ridiculous. You can’t draft players and then they give u nothing.

Langford, Nesmith, edwards, semi, grant do not give us enough.

Tacko and Waters are 2 ways. I can’t complaint. But Edwards shouldn’t be on roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Boston Celtics