Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Re: Evan Mobley - USC 

Post#81 » by clyde21 » Wed Dec 9, 2020 5:47 pm

Fischella wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Even with Cade's big night, Mobley is the best player in this draft. Didnt think anyone could knock me off the Kuminga #1 island but Mobley has. He is just so freaking good at every aspect of the game. Really the only question in my opinion is, is the gap between him and everyone else big enough to take a big over a perimeter player in today's game.

I really don't get why you'd think he is better than Cade, like it's crystal clear obvious that he isn't

your hyperboles like this literally never work out for you, you'd think you'd learn at some point.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#82 » by Marcus » Wed Dec 9, 2020 5:58 pm

Showed the full Gambit on offense and that pass at the end.

It gets unfair at some point.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
clyde21
RealGM

Post#83 » by clyde21 » Wed Dec 9, 2020 6:01 pm

honestly biggest issue right now for me is the FT%, gotta get it up >70%, but other than that not a lot to pick on, obviously should get stronger in time, work on his balance/core a bit more in the post, but he's as good as you're gonna see from a big prospect today
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,080

Post#84 » by The-Power » Wed Dec 9, 2020 6:04 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I mean obviously it's not crystal clear because there are multiple people on here questioning it.

This. I'm still firmly in camp Cade and there's a chance Mobley won't even be 2nd on my big board, but a number of knowledgable posters and experienced observers on here believe he's #1 so there's no need to pretend that there's no argument for him; there clearly is, and people are making it. Whether or not you fully buy into that is, of course, a different topic. It's entirely fair to not have Mobley at the top, but not to dismiss the idea as crazy.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#85 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Dec 9, 2020 8:17 pm

IMO he's closer to 6'9" than 7' so he's basically in that same range as JJJ, Ingram and Isaac as a prospect. Is that good enough to be #1 overall? He's certainly in the discussion
clyde21
RealGM

Post#86 » by clyde21 » Wed Dec 9, 2020 9:14 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:IMO he's closer to 6'9" than 7' so he's basically in that same range as JJJ, Ingram and Isaac as a prospect. Is that good enough to be #1 overall? He's certainly in the discussion

JJJ came in at 6-11.25 at the combine, Evan is pretty much the same height.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#87 » by No-Man » Wed Dec 9, 2020 11:53 pm

The-Power wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:I mean obviously it's not crystal clear because there are multiple people on here questioning it.

This. I'm still firmly in camp Cade and there's a chance Mobley won't even be 2nd on my big board, but a number of knowledgable posters and experienced observers on here believe he's #1 so there's no need to pretend that there's no argument for him; there clearly is, and people are making it. Whether or not you fully buy into that is, of course, a different topic. It's entirely fair to not have Mobley at the top, but not to dismiss the idea as crazy.

who dat?
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,577

Post#88 » by MemphisX » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:11 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:IMO he's closer to 6'9" than 7' so he's basically in that same range as JJJ, Ingram and Isaac as a prospect. Is that good enough to be #1 overall? He's certainly in the discussion

Read on Twitter
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,165

Post#89 » by God Squad » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:06 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Even with Cade's big night, Mobley is the best player in this draft. Didnt think anyone could knock me off the Kuminga #1 island but Mobley has. He is just so freaking good at every aspect of the game. Really the only question in my opinion is, is the gap between him and everyone else big enough to take a big over a perimeter player in today's game.

I'm with you. I just need to see Jalen before I have Mobely ahead fully.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,080

Post#90 » by The-Power » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:13 pm

Fischella wrote:
The-Power wrote:

who dat?

Look around you in this thread. If that was meant to be a condescending comment as it feels like, I won't dignify that arrogance with a further answer.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#91 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:10 am

Sorta looks like the guy people thought Jonathan Bender was back in the day.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#92 » by No-Man » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:27 am

I think Bender wasn't nearly as skilled, talented and just more purely athletic, pre-injuries
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Post#93 » by Upperclass » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:56 pm

Reminds me of Jared Jeffries. He isnt Bender who was basically a 7' Paul George without injuries
TheBunk
Senior
And1: 59

Post#94 » by TheBunk » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:53 pm

tbh I thought his post moves and smarts looked Tim Duncan esque in that Wiseman match up from high school but didn't wanna say anything. Happy the guy is doing well. Really looks like the sky is the limit. I think he'll be a big time scorer. Too clever not to be.
TheBunk
Senior
And1: 59

Post#95 » by TheBunk » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:57 pm

Also I used to scout Hockey so i'm sure this same maxim applies for basketball: When you see a kid this skinny with so far to go on his body, doing these things, that's the guy you take over the guy who's body is basically maxed.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,280

Post#96 » by babyjax13 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:04 am

Looked really impressive vs. UConn. Still not convinced he's a top 3 prospect just because we don't know what happens with the gleague guys and Cade/Suggs have also been incredibly impressive, but without a doubt, this is an incredible draft, and I have a good feeling about Mobley in the league. I think I like him a bit better than JJJ at this point.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#97 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:24 pm

I just LOVE watching this kid play.

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#98 » by clyde21 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:47 pm

he's just a brilliant player, his movements are so crisp, nothing wasted, so efficient, very smart on both ends, sophisticated skill set offensively.

there isn't much to pick on honestly, needs to get stronger obviously, improve the FT% and continuing to get better at the nuances like screen setting and rolling, but dude's special.

i'm not making the Tim Duncan comp but if there's another player that deserves The Big Fundemental nickname, it's this dude.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#99 » by EvanZ » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:14 pm

Reminds me of a shorter Ralph Sampson.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
NYCbeadyrae
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#100 » by NYCbeadyrae » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Looked really impressive vs. UConn. Still not convinced he's a top 3 prospect just because we don't know what happens with the gleague guys and Cade/Suggs have also been incredibly impressive, but without a doubt, this is an incredible draft, and I have a good feeling about Mobley in the league. I think I like him a bit better than JJJ at this point.

It’s all about ceiling and his is a mile high. You just don’t find too many 7 footers with his athleticism and fluidity. You could potentially use him as a Giannis type multipositional player. I really like him and would absolutely take him if he were there at 3 regardless of need. He’s a day one starter just based on his defense.

Return to NBA Draft