ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,458

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1081 » by Matches Malone » Tue Dec 8, 2020 3:08 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I'm sure I'll get a lot of backlash from the "you should go to the theater and financially support artists and their intellectual property" crowd, but who seriously is gonna take the side of the distributors on this one? Guys like Nolan just sounding incredibly tone deaf. This is a pretty special circumstance and I don't really see their "slippery slope" argument in regards to streaming. Reeks of corporate greed in a time where a lot of people are hurting financially.

I agree with you. Plus, WB bent over backwards for Nolan to get out Tenet (Which sucked, imo). He forced them to have it go Theatrically, losing millions of dollars in the middle of a pandemic, instead of doing something like VOD rental. Movie theaters aren't going to die, but they will and need to change. Not sure what that looks like but there will still be movie going experiences for people. I think releasing in theaters and HBO Max same day was a good move.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#1082 » by Siefer » Tue Dec 8, 2020 6:28 pm

Warner isn't some sort of agent of benevolence here, but this move makes a ton of business sense for them, and is also very much aligned with customer interests. Nolan is cornering the market on out of touch positions right now.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#1083 » by machu46 » Wed Dec 9, 2020 4:32 pm

I don't know if it's going to just be a bad **** or an incredible movie, but one way or another, the new Spider-Man movie is about to be insane and I'm thrilled.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,406

Post#1084 » by ABucksFan » Wed Dec 9, 2020 5:30 pm

I hear mixed things about Tenet. I'm still going to watch it, but...thoughts. Lol.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,223

Post#1085 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:49 am

buckboy wrote:Yeah, the first episode doesn't go with the rest of it. Plus, Anya Taylor-Joy isn't in it. And her performance in episodes 2-7 is easily the best part of the series (to me anyway).

I would encourage anyone who turned it off after one episode to try again, because she is absolutely fantastic.

You're right. I started up again and it's good (I'm through 4). I liked Anya in Peaky Blinders and ahea really good in this as well.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#1086 » by emunney » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:37 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I'm sure I'll get a lot of backlash from the "you should go to the theater and financially support artists and their intellectual property" crowd, but who seriously is gonna take the side of the distributors on this one? Guys like Nolan just sounding incredibly tone deaf. This is a pretty special circumstance and I don't really see their "slippery slope" argument in regards to streaming. Reeks of corporate greed in a time where a lot of people are hurting financially.

I agree with you. Plus, WB bent over backwards for Nolan to get out Tenet (Which sucked, imo). He forced them to have it go Theatrically, losing millions of dollars in the middle of a pandemic, instead of doing something like VOD rental. Movie theaters aren't going to die, but they will and need to change. Not sure what that looks like but there will still be movie going experiences for people. I think releasing in theaters and HBO Max same day was a good move.

I'm **** dying to go to a movie theater. Going to see so many **** movies next fall.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#1087 » by skones » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:13 pm

Ahsoka spin off officially announced. HELL YEAH **** RIGHT
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#1088 » by machu46 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:43 pm

skones wrote:Ahsoka spin off officially announced. HELL YEAH **** RIGHT

Had to figure that was coming with the way the Ahsoka episode went but cool nonetheless.

I still want them to eventually do something at least in the era of the KotOR games. Feel like it would make for a great action show.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1089 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:46 pm

Heaven’s Gate doc on HBO was good and quite disturbing.
#FreeChuckDiesel
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#1090 » by skones » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:52 am

machu46 wrote:
skones wrote:Ahsoka spin off officially announced. HELL YEAH **** RIGHT

Had to figure that was coming with the way the Ahsoka episode went but cool nonetheless.

I still want them to eventually do something at least in the era of the KotOR games. Feel like it would make for a great action show.

That's more or less the plan. I know early 21, they've got a slate of books rolling out from the high republic era. It's likely going to set the tone for future movies/tv shows in that era. It allows them to completely remove themselves from the confines of the skywalker saga while still being able to use a familiar character like Yoda, obviously more spry being 200 years or so younger.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,359

Post#1091 » by MoreTrife » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:28 am

ABucksFan wrote:I hear mixed things about Tenet. I'm still going to watch it, but...thoughts. Lol.

I saw it in the theaters and loved it with a few caveats:
1. Really really hard to follow, both plot and dialogue. And I was working hard to follow. After the movie I read about it and it made for sense but you'll likely be lost at times. Thought it was really smart though and not just a mess.
2. I'm a Nolan stan.

The set pieces and production were typical Nolan top notch. Top. Notch.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,359

Post#1092 » by MoreTrife » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:29 am

emunney wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

I'm **** dying to go to a movie theater. Going to see so many **** movies next fall.

Been to two completely empty movies during pandemic haha. It was great but I felt bad, they gotta be getting murdered.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#1093 » by DavidDunn21 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:07 am

MoreTrife wrote:
ABucksFan wrote:I hear mixed things about Tenet. I'm still going to watch it, but...thoughts. Lol.

I saw it in the theaters and loved it with a few caveats:
1. Really really hard to follow, both plot and dialogue. And I was working hard to follow. After the movie I read about it and it made for sense but you'll likely be lost at times. Thought it was really smart though and not just a mess.
2. I'm a Nolan stan.

The set pieces and production were typical Nolan top notch. Top. Notch.
I agree with this. Still, mid-tier Nolan at best

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,174

Post#1094 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:35 am

From SNL to Mr. Show to Breaking Bad to BCS to this. The evolution is complete.

Read on Twitter
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,458

Post#1095 » by Matches Malone » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:53 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1096 » by crkone » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:29 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's like a fine wine.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,223

Post#1097 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:52 am

Watched the first two episodes of Your Honor on Showtime. Fairly predictable but I'll watch anything starring Bryan Cranston.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,174

Post#1098 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:45 am

Season 5 Expanse is up? Dafuq?

:rockon:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,957

Post#1099 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:50 am

Iheartfootball wrote:Season 5 Expanse is up? Dafuq?

:rockon:

Oh hell yea.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,699

Post#1100 » by jimmybones » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:57 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Watched the first two episodes of Your Honor on Showtime. Fairly predictable but I'll watch anything starring Bryan Cranston.

Why was he questioning the witness and basically doing the defenses job in the first episode? TV show, I know, but c'mon :lol:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks