2021 Fantasy B-Ball

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

2021 Fantasy B-Ball 

Post#1 » by Kerrsed » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:28 pm

WELCOME TO THE SUNS BOARD 2020 FANTASY BASKETBALL SEASON!

This thread is for a 3 leagues to use to discuss issues, talk shop, make trade offers, place players on the block, yadda yadda yadda. If looking for trades or putting guys on the trade block, PLEASE make sure you are including what league you are in to make things less confusing than they need to be.

Dynasty Draft Thread:

Premier Draft Thread:

G-League Draft Thread:
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: 2020 Fantasy Basketball Thread (Dynasty/Premier/G-League) 

Post#2 » by Kerrsed » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:07 pm

Premier League: A 3rd IR spot has been added because of COVID. There is a solid chance one or even two players on each team might come down with it and have to sit out a mandatory amount of games, so adding the extra IR spot will help alleviate some of the issues that could bring. The same thing was enacted in the Dynasty League as well.

Also, the trade Veto time period has been shortened. With the season shortened and condensed and teams having so many back to back games, this change should allow the trades to go through a bit quicker, making sure you dont miss out on a heap of games with your new player.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#3 » by Desertfox » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:07 am

Ummm... I never traded Davis for Giannis in Premier. What happened?
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#4 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:30 am

Desertfox wrote:Ummm... I never traded Davis for Giannis in Premier. What happened?

Probably confusion between Dynasty and Premier?
Kerrsed wrote:
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Kerrsed » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:46 am

Desertfox wrote:Ummm... I never traded Davis for Giannis in Premier. What happened?

Uhhhhhh.... i got a PM from STEV13 saying, "Hey there man. In the Premier League rosters I think you may have mistakenly assigned AD to my roster when it should be Giannis instead."

I didnt even bother to check, just figured i screwed up somehow. Ill fix it.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Kerrsed » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:56 am

Kerrsed wrote:

Uhhhhhh.... i got a PM from STEV13 saying, "Hey there man. In the Premier League rosters I think you may have mistakenly assigned AD to my roster when it should be Giannis instead."

I didnt even bother to check, just figured i screwed up somehow. Ill fix it.

Ok, i figured out what happened. STEV13 was right, on the draft i had the two reversed. He asked me to fix it, so i did (I had to drop both players and then assign them to the team), but because i did that and it was done today (In the wee hours of the morning), it shows him (Giannis) on your team for the day, but if you go to tomorrow or the day after, it will show you that you have Davis.
Kobe>Jordan>God
Analyst
And1: 868

Post#7 » by Kobe>Jordan>God » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:26 am

Kerrsed wrote:Premier League: A 3rd IR spot has been added because of COVID. There is a solid chance one or even two players on each team might come down with it and have to sit out a mandatory amount of games, so adding the extra IR spot will help alleviate some of the issues that could bring. The same thing was enacted in the Dynasty League as well.

Also, the trade Veto time period has been shortened. With the season shortened and condensed and teams having so many back to back games, this change should allow the trades to go through a bit quicker, making sure you dont miss out on a heap of games with your new player.

Will yahoo actually tag positive cases as "injured" or just "out"?

I can't remember ever seeing a sick player listed as injured before.
ImageImage
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Kerrsed » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:18 am

Kobe>Jordan>God wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:Premier League: A 3rd IR spot has been added because of COVID. There is a solid chance one or even two players on each team might come down with it and have to sit out a mandatory amount of games, so adding the extra IR spot will help alleviate some of the issues that could bring. The same thing was enacted in the Dynasty League as well.

Will yahoo actually tag positive cases as "injured" or just "out"?

I can't remember ever seeing a sick player listed as injured before.

Crazy, i totally responded to this yesterday, but now i dont see my response. Guess i have to try to re-type it all up.

Ok, pretty much no one knows what Yahoo is going to due in regards to players catching COVID. Now yes, its true, in the past when players got sick they were just listed as "Out" and therefore you wernt able to place them on the IR. But COVID is a different beast that fits in more like the injury role. With COVID the player is going to miss a mandatory amount of games due to being quarantined as opposed to just being day-2-day with a sickness. When a player gets injured, its known that he is going to miss a set amount of time, and thus having the ability to be placed on the IR. So with players that test positive, from what i understand by the rules the NBA and the Players association passed, a player has to sit out at least 10 days after receiving 2 negative tests within a 24 hour period. So if a player gets COVID, say it stays in his system for around 7 days (Which seems to be around the normal time period), after he posts 2 negative tests he has to wait another 10 days, thus making that like 17 days total.

Hopefully that kinda makes sense as to why i believe Yahoo will allow COVID positive players on the IR. I mean you know the guy is going to be out for an extended period of time like an injury as opposed to just missing a few games with a sickness.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Kerrsed » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:26 am

DYNASTY LEAGUE: Looking for Managers that are seriously trying to win ASAP. Im looking for real young talent with real potential. Dont come at me with some weak-ass offers/players. Serious "Win Now" talent is on the block for the right offers! Lebron/CP3/Aldridge/Horford/BLopez are all available if you have the right player(s)! Hit me up!
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,292

Post#10 » by sunskerr » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:27 am

Kerrsed wrote:PREMIER LEAGUE: Looking for Managers that are seriously trying to win ASAP. Im looking for real young talent with real potential. Dont come at me with some weak-ass offers/players. Serious "Win Now" talent is on the block for the right offers! Lebron/CP3/Aldridge/Horford/BLopez are all available if you have the right player(s)! Hit me up!

That's your dynasty squad lol
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Kerrsed » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:30 am

sunskerr wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:PREMIER LEAGUE: Looking for Managers that are seriously trying to win ASAP. Im looking for real young talent with real potential. Dont come at me with some weak-ass offers/players. Serious "Win Now" talent is on the block for the right offers! Lebron/CP3/Aldridge/Horford/BLopez are all available if you have the right player(s)! Hit me up!

That's your dynasty squad lol

Good catch! Its been a loooooong day. :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,046

Post#12 » by bwgood77 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:07 pm

Kerrsed wrote:DYNASTY LEAGUE: Looking for Managers that are seriously trying to win ASAP. Im looking for real young talent with real potential. Dont come at me with some weak-ass offers/players. Serious "Win Now" talent is on the block for the right offers! Lebron/CP3/Aldridge/Horford/BLopez are all available if you have the right player(s)! Hit me up!

Teams that are loading up with young talent are unlikely to want those guys, especially considering what they would likely have to give up to get them.

I will put out there that I may look to consolidate some of my experienced talent into one player upgrade. For example if you want to get more stats out of 2 players than 1 better player will give you, than you could maybe make an offer. I havve a couple of guards that will get a lot of steals, for example. Jokic is my only player completely off limits.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,292

Post#13 » by sunskerr » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:30 am

Dynasty:

@Kerrsed My team has the young talent but they are high potential up and coming star talent. So I won't be giving up 9-10 years of those guys for 1-2 years of older guys when I was projected to be a top 4 team last year before Kyrie shut it down. I may look to consolidate some of the guys I have for a true 2nd star to put next to Trae.

I'm always open to trade offers even if I'm content with the skeleton/foundation of my team. Feel free to fire away. I like seeing all trade offers and trying to work from there. The only guy I actually consider untouchable is Trae.

edit: also here come the preseason overreact pickups.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Kerrsed » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:20 am

sunskerr wrote:Dynasty:

@Kerrsed My team has the young talent but they are high potential up and coming star talent. So I won't be giving up 9-10 years of those guys for 1-2 years of older guys when I was projected to be a top 4 team last year before Kyrie shut it down. I may look to consolidate some of the guys I have for a true 2nd star to put next to Trae.

I'm always open to trade offers even if I'm content with the skeleton/foundation of my team. Feel free to fire away. I like seeing all trade offers and trying to work from there. The only guy I actually consider untouchable is Trae.

I am well aware of that. The reason i put "Young talent with real potential" is because i have had offers thrown at me before that were just god-awful. Like last season i had an offer given to me for Lebron trying to downplay him as only having 2 years left in the league and how the player (I cant remember who it was because it was that bad) was young and still had 10 years of his career left. That dont mean jack when Lebron is putting up top 15 value and most likely will until he quits and God-awful unnamed player really has no potential, is a borderline 2nd/3rd string player, and his only upside is his age (While never sniffing close to being considered a top 200 player). If its something like that, yeah, i'll just hold onto my players and continue riding them out.

Im fine continuing to compete for a top 3 spot for the next 3-5 seasons while slowly rebuilding my roster through the draft year after year after year when guys eventually retire. I mean i have options to get younger quicker and am contemplating a handful of offers i already have gotten, but just because a guy only has 3-5 years left (While being a top 50 player), it doesnt mean im going to give that up for pennies on the dollar.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,538

Post#15 » by Qwigglez » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:15 am

Josh Jackson and LiAngelo Ball is plenty fair for Lebron James.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Kerrsed » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:18 am

Qwigglez wrote:Josh Jackson and LiAngelo Ball is plenty fair for Lebron James.

LiAngelo didnt even last more than a single preseason game for the Pistons. Do you know how bad you have to suck to be cut after a single game (In which you didnt even play in), when the team doesnt have to make any cuts for like another week? YIKES! :lol: :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,046

Post#17 » by bwgood77 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:18 pm

Kerrsed wrote:Im fine continuing to compete for a top 3 spot for the next 3-5 seasons while slowly rebuilding my roster through the draft year after year after year when guys eventually retire. I mean i have options to get younger quicker and am contemplating a handful of offers i already have gotten, but just because a guy only has 3-5 years left (While being a top 50 player), it doesnt mean im going to give that up for pennies on the dollar.

I think this is your best bet unless you want a first or two seconds for a guy to go to a competing team. Even a 2nd could be valuable in the next draft which is supposed to be very deep.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 687

Post#18 » by Kyler Murray » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:51 pm

Kerrsed wrote:DYNASTY LEAGUE: Looking for Managers that are seriously trying to win ASAP. Im looking for real young talent with real potential. Dont come at me with some weak-ass offers/players. Serious "Win Now" talent is on the block for the right offers! Lebron/CP3/Aldridge/Horford/BLopez are all available if you have the right player(s)! Hit me up!

Seriously, some trade offers are straight up rude :lol: looking to fleece the other guys, and then when you ask for fair value, poof, they're gone. I had some horrible ones over the years, and I think there are a couple of guys that just do it regularly hoping for some dumb luck or something, like playing the lotto.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,327

Post#19 » by TASTIC » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:21 pm

Derozan, Graham, Dinwiddie, Rozier, Avdija all available for an upgrade at PF and/or C in dynasty
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#20 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:46 pm

sunskerr wrote:Dynasty:

I mean, in a league this deep, might as well jump on a guy who had a flash in preseason for your 12th man.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft

Return to Phoenix Suns