ImageImage

OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 - ESPN/Fox/Warner Launching Combined Sports Streamer

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#861 » by buckboy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:40 pm

Hulu live sucks. Just an awful platform. Horrible DVR, the guide is never right, can't skip commercials. I tried it for a year and I'm done.

Going back to DirecTV.

Edit: Oh and the 30 second delay **** sucks during live sporting events. Seriously, **** Hulu.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#862 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:18 pm

The only streaming option is at&t now which requires a 2 year contract? Can't believe the NBA is dumb enough to take their product off of YTTV and Hulu. Does anyone know anyone under 45 with a cable box?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#863 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:48 pm

Just had to sign up with Spectrum. I feel dirty. Their customer service is still abysmal. 7 day free trial. I hope YTTV still pulls off a deal.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#864 » by RiotPunch » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:55 pm

buckboy wrote:Hulu live sucks. Just an awful platform. Horrible DVR, the guide is never right, can't skip commercials. I tried it for a year and I'm done.

Going back to DirecTV.

Edit: Oh and the 30 second delay **** sucks during live sporting events. Seriously, **** Hulu.

Pay for ad-free experience, can't skip through ads for DVR'd content.

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#865 » by glenn » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:27 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:The only streaming option is at&t now which requires a 2 year contract? Can't believe the NBA is dumb enough to take their product off of YTTV and Hulu. Does anyone know anyone under 45 with a cable box?

Att TV Now doesn’t require a contract. Not cheap, since you need the “Max” level to get regional sports, but it includes HBO Max access.
:reporter:
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#866 » by buckboy » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:26 am

RiotPunch wrote:
buckboy wrote:Hulu live sucks. Just an awful platform. Horrible DVR, the guide is never right, can't skip commercials. I tried it for a year and I'm done.

Going back to DirecTV.

Nah. Directv is coming Wednesday.

The delay is a killer.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 678

Post#867 » by ejn1214 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:25 am

buckboy wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Going back to DirecTV.

The delay is a killer.

Seemed like when these streaming options came out there were at least a small discount over cable. Is anyone actually saving money on them anymore? I never saw any advantage to them besides savings. I also can't stand behind behind while watching live sports. Assuming you have multiple cable options, just bounce between them on deals. It does suck having to pay so much when really all we use them for is sports.
lessthannick11
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#868 » by lessthannick11 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:29 am

ejn1214 wrote:
buckboy wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Pay for ad-free experience, can't skip through ads for DVR'd content.

The delay is a killer.

Seemed like when these streaming options came out there were at least a small discount over cable. Is anyone actually saving money on them anymore? I never saw any advantage to them besides savings. I also can't stand behind behind while watching live sports. Assuming you have multiple cable options, just bounce between them on deals. It does suck having to pay so much when really all we use them for is sports.
I feel like the main savings is still in having multiple tvs and dvr and not paying all the stupid fees cable charges for add ons

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 678

Post#869 » by ejn1214 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:16 am

lessthannick11 wrote:
ejn1214 wrote:
buckboy wrote:

The delay is a killer.

I feel like the main savings is still in having multiple tvs and dvr and not paying all the stupid fees cable charges for add ons

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I guess that makes sense it you want multiple tvs with cable. I was stuck in the mindset of my main tv having cable and that's it. I pay cable just to watch sports. It's such a waste.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 415

Post#870 » by smauss » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:45 pm

Has anyone had any experience with VidGo? Appears to have Fox RSN. $10 for 2 months, then $55 after that.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#871 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:09 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:The only streaming option is at&t now which requires a 2 year contract? Can't believe the NBA is dumb enough to take their product off of YTTV and Hulu. Does anyone know anyone under 45 with a cable box?

wHy ArE ouR rAtings dOWn? Well **** heads anyone who's a cable cutter can't watch their local games. It's absolutely ridiculous and I'm now just going to pirate all nba games even the national stuff.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#872 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:10 pm

I signed up for YouTube TV last night for the NBA season and told it I lived in Milwaukee. I'm hoping this works, but it already gave me a popup asking why I'm not in Milwaukee right now.
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#873 » by WiscoKing13 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:07 pm

To view local channels you need to have your gps on

DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#874 » by WiscoKing13 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:10 pm

YoutubeTV twitter response this morning compared to yesterday.

Thanks for the tag – we weren’t able to reach a new deal that would allow us to keep FOX Sports Ohio in our line up. However, you can send your suggestions or thoughts using the YouTube TV app by tapping your profile photo > Send feedback

Yesterday

Thanks for the tag – we can't speculate if or when FOX Sports North will be relaunched on YouTube TV, but we'll let you know once we have any updates. We're here if you have any other questions.

Seems like they will not be back in the near future.

DanoMac wrote:

soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,239

Post#875 » by soboMP3 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:55 pm

ejn1214 wrote:Seemed like when these streaming options came out there were at least a small discount over cable. Is anyone actually saving money on them anymore? I never saw any advantage to them besides savings. I also can't stand behind behind while watching live sports. Assuming you have multiple cable options, just bounce between them on deals. It does suck having to pay so much when really all we use them for is sports.

With Youtube TV you can split the account with Friends/Family. I split my account with a friend. 3 streams at a time limit, but we've never run into an issue. So yes, in this case we're saving a fair chunk.

Obviously no FSWI at the moment but hoping for something soon.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,357

Post#876 » by MoreTrife » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:06 pm

LISTEN2JAZZ wrote:I signed up for YouTube TV last night for the NBA season and told it I lived in Milwaukee. I'm hoping this works, but it already gave me a popup asking why I'm not in Milwaukee right now.

If you're looking to watch Bucks, YouTube TV doesn't have them.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,357

Post#877 » by MoreTrife » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:08 pm

ejn1214 wrote:
buckboy wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Pay for ad-free experience, can't skip through ads for DVR'd content.

The delay is a killer.

No, no real savings anymore. They're laughing about it. I do like not having as many cords and boxes.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#878 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:42 pm

MoreTrife wrote:
LISTEN2JAZZ wrote:I signed up for YouTube TV last night for the NBA season and told it I lived in Milwaukee. I'm hoping this works, but it already gave me a popup asking why I'm not in Milwaukee right now.

If you're looking to watch Bucks, YouTube TV doesn't have them.

That sucks.

YouTube TV works out to around $10-13 per game for the nationally televised games, and League Pass (Team Pass) closer to $3. Even though the national games are generally better games, I'll probably cancel YTTV after this first month and do quantity over quality.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,588

Post#879 » by tski1972 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:28 pm

Really hope YouTube gets this Fox regional figured out, I’ve about had it with Spectrums over priced tv package. Unfortunately they are the only way to see the Bucks and the Brewers at the moment
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#880 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:38 pm

Just had to sign up for Spectum. I got TV and Internet( 400 mbps) for $120

Return to Milwaukee Bucks