ImageImageImageImage

OT- Official Gaming Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,504

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#461 » by AddiFB » Sat Dec 5, 2020 10:40 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
AddiFB wrote:I'm far into Spider-Man Miles Morales, also playing COD Cold War and going for another go at Borderlands 3. Also gonna play AC: Valhalla which I've played maybe 2 hours of. I want to play it, as Norse mythology and viking era tales is my thing being an Icelander, but I've always struggled maintaining interest in AC games. Also restarted God of War just for the heck of it, because beautiful game and for aforementioned reasons. Will most likely get Immortals Phoenix Rising and Sackboy when they hit sales.

Assuming you were one of the lucky ones that got their hands on a PS5/Xbox Series X?

Also, not a fan of AC abandoning the Assassins vs. Templar storyline. That means it's no longer an AC game.

PS5 here. Waiting to grab XSX which I hopr won't be a long wait.
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,025

Post#462 » by The Real Dalic » Sat Dec 5, 2020 11:21 pm

AddiFB wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
AddiFB wrote:I'm far into Spider-Man Miles Morales, also playing COD Cold War and going for another go at Borderlands 3. Also gonna play AC: Valhalla which I've played maybe 2 hours of. I want to play it, as Norse mythology and viking era tales is my thing being an Icelander, but I've always struggled maintaining interest in AC games. Also restarted God of War just for the heck of it, because beautiful game and for aforementioned reasons. Will most likely get Immortals Phoenix Rising and Sackboy when they hit sales.

Assuming you were one of the lucky ones that got their hands on a PS5/Xbox Series X?

Also, not a fan of AC abandoning the Assassins vs. Templar storyline. That means it's no longer an AC game.

PS5 here. Waiting to grab XSX which I hopr won't be a long wait.

That's cool. Trying to get one myself sometime in January or February.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,532

Post#463 » by Furinkazan » Sun Dec 6, 2020 5:08 pm

2 years later
Im waiting for this one

STILL
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#464 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Dec 7, 2020 4:46 am

I'm currently going through CrossCode on the PS4 which I am absolutely loving. Not having luck on getting a PS5 but I did get the Series X on launch and I am very pleased with the system. Just need XBOX to start putting out some new games to play it on.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,967

Post#465 » by KillMonger » Mon Dec 7, 2020 5:27 am

ChosenSavior wrote:I'm currently going through CrossCode on the PS4 which I am absolutely loving. Not having luck on getting a PS5 but I did get the Series X on launch and I am very pleased with the system. Just need XBOX to start putting out some new games to play it on.

that might be a while
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,221

Post#466 » by pepe1991 » Mon Dec 7, 2020 8:43 am

bought Witcher 3 for PS4 , my private life is on hold :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#467 » by zaymon » Mon Dec 7, 2020 11:06 am

pepe1991 wrote:bought Witcher 3 for PS4 , my private life is on hold :lol:

Wait until you reach hearts of stone :)
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#468 » by pepe1991 » Mon Dec 7, 2020 11:54 am

zaymon wrote:

Bought game of the year version, both expansions there. My GF, gym, nba all are on hold now :lol:
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#469 » by zaymon » Mon Dec 7, 2020 1:12 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
zaymon wrote:

Bought game of the year version, both expansions there. My GF, gym, nba all are on hold now :lol:

Well you have to be quick becouse Cyberpunk is coming :p
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#470 » by pepe1991 » Mon Dec 7, 2020 2:15 pm

zaymon wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
zaymon wrote:Wait until you reach hearts of stone :)

Well you have to be quick becouse Cyberpunk is coming :p

I have unfinished business with uncharted 4, also new PES 2021 :lol:

oh also bought Akhram collection that i only passed one of two games :lol:
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#471 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Dec 7, 2020 5:29 pm

KillMonger wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:I'm currently going through CrossCode on the PS4 which I am absolutely loving. Not having luck on getting a PS5 but I did get the Series X on launch and I am very pleased with the system. Just need XBOX to start putting out some new games to play it on.

that might be a while

Well Cyberpunk does come out in about 3 days, that should count right? :lol:
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,504

Post#472 » by AddiFB » Mon Dec 7, 2020 5:38 pm

Anyone here have PS5? Yours having issues? :lol:

Mine has had...

- Freezing issues in COD:CW where the game stops and shuts down the console cold heartedly right after

- Weird flicker on home screens and store, also sometimes in game menus. A thin white line flickers at the top of the screen

- Sound cuts out a few times randomly for a second, the goes back to normal after the screen prompt shows me the TV is now in HDR mode. Ok...

- Right thumbstick on one of my Dualsenses has this weird clicking feel to it when I move it from center position to 3:30 positition or so. Not annoying at all. Might have to request a replacement hmm...

- Was playing Spider-Man Miles Morales a week or two ago, when the controller suddenly stopped working, the view spun slowly and I was unable to get to the home screen or turn the console off. It finally shut itself off but I was unable to turn it back on with the controller or on the console itself. Safe mode was not possible either. I tried for 2 hours. Nothing. So, I guess it bricked? Took it back to the importer who took it to a back room for check and get a replacement console, only to return back and tell me it worked fine. What?! How?! No problems with it, it seemed. So I requested a new power cord, which I received and it has worked fine since, except for the random small flickering now and then.... and the sound cut-out.
- oh and there is a high-pitched but not loud sound coming from the fan

Love this console. No worries, AT ALL :lol: :uhoh:
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,967

Post#473 » by KillMonger » Mon Dec 7, 2020 5:54 pm

AddiFB wrote:Anyone here have PS5? Yours having issues? :lol:

Mine has had...

- Freezing issues in COD:CW where the game stops and shuts down the console cold heartedly right after

- Weird flicker on home screens and store, also sometimes in game menus. A thin white line flickers at the top of the screen

- Sound cuts out a few times randomly for a second, the goes back to normal after the screen prompt shows me the TV is now in HDR mode. Ok...

- Right thumbstick on one of my Dualsenses has this weird clicking feel to it when I move it from center position to 3:30 positition or so. Not annoying at all. Might have to request a replacement hmm...

- Was playing Spider-Man Miles Morales a week or two ago, when the controller suddenly stopped working, the view spun slowly and I was unable to get to the home screen or turn the console off. It finally shut itself off but I was unable to turn it back on with the controller or on the console itself. Safe mode was not possible either. I tried for 2 hours. Nothing. So, I guess it bricked? Took it back to the importer who took it to a back room for check and get a replacement console, only to return back and tell me it worked fine. What?! How?! No problems with it, it seemed. So I requested a new power cord, which I received and it has worked fine since, except for the random small flickering now and then.... and the sound cut-out.
- oh and there is a high-pitched but not loud sound coming from the fan

Love this console. No worries, AT ALL :lol: :uhoh:

no issues whatsoever....i'm loving my ps5.....maybe it's because i got the all digital version....less moving parts less issues maybe?
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,413

Post#474 » by UCFJayBird » Mon Dec 7, 2020 7:24 pm

PS5 here. I got it delivered the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. My in-laws showed up 20 minutes into playing, so I had to just watch it sitting there for four days, lol.

Been slowly making my way through Spiderman. I started Demon's Souls as well but didn't get into it so it went on the back burner while I finish Spiderman (didn't really give it a honest try). It'll also have to wait until after Cyberpunk cause i'm jumping on that for PC when it drops. I considered grabbing it for PS5, but I LOVED Witcher 3 on PC because of the modding community so going to go with PC for Cyberpunk as well.

Haven't had any issues with the console either, but i've probably only played about 10 hours on it.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,874

Post#475 » by Last Guardian » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:16 pm

Astro bot for PS VR has been a lovely experience. I think VR will take off in the next few years when the visuals are better.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,131

Post#476 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:09 am

Any racing simulator aficionados? I play only that (although I did just request City Skylines for Xmas) when my toddler falls asleep early:

-Assetto Corsa (what a joy to drive a 2004 F1 Ferrari V10)
-Assetto Corsa Competizione (best physics in the market but GT cars only)
-Project Cars 2 (lots of cars and track variety)
-F1 2019 (simcade)
-Nascar Heat 3 (simcade)

Have a Thrustmaster steering wheel and pedals and folding racing rig chair.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#477 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:27 pm

Bumping this thread up to see what y'all are playing these days? There has been a lot that has happened in the gaming world since the last post.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,025

Post#478 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:31 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:Bumping this thread up to see what y'all are playing these days? There has been a lot that has happened in the gaming world since the last post.

I finally played the entire Witcher series for the first time in my life. Took me about 300+ hours to beat all 3 and the DLC's. Really good franchise.

Finally got my hands on a PS5 and am about to start FF7 Remake again with the Intergrade DLC.

Already beat it on the 4 and it's my 3rd favorite game ever. It's that good. So excited to start it again.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#479 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:38 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:Bumping this thread up to see what y'all are playing these days? There has been a lot that has happened in the gaming world since the last post.

I finally played the entire Witcher series for the first time in my life. Took me about 300+ hours to beat all 3 and the DLC's. Really good franchise.

Finally got my hands on a PS5 and am about to start FF7 Remake again with the Intergrade DLC.

Already beat it on the 4 and it's my 3rd favorite game ever. It's that good. So excited to start it again.

Awesome bro!

I finally got my hands on a PS5 as well. I need to purchase Intergrade and will more than likely do so by the end of the week. Can't wait to go through FF7 Remake again.

Currently playing through Breath of the Wild which is addictive as hell. I really love the non-linear aspect of BOTW which is a call back to the original Legend of Zelda on Nintendo. Been debating with myself on where I rank BOTW but it is easily in the top 3 for me personally.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#480 » by FFBlitzace » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:02 pm

I've played a lot since I last posted in this thread. I got a Switch and caught up on everything I had missed.

Pokémon Sword/Shield: it gets a lot of crap for its performance issues and lack of polish, and it's deserved. But ultimately it's still a Pokémon game and I thoroughly enjoyed it, just like I have with every one since I was a kid playing r/b/y on Gameboy.

Luigi's Mansion 3: I loved it and got 100%. I just wish you actually got something for 100%. If I recall, I think it slightly changes the ending cutscene. In any event, I loved the game.

Octopath Traveler: At first I wasn't really loving it, but it grew on me and I eventually 100%ed it. The actual true final boss was really challenging.

Breath of the Wild: I really liked it and pseudo 100%ed it. That is, I got all 120 shrines and did every side quest. I didn't quite complete the Hyrule Compendium, but I wasn't far off. I could have done it if I felt like it. But there was no way in hell I was getting the 900 Korok Seeds. They can go eff themselves on that one.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: The Wii U is the only Nintendo console I have never owned, so I was happy to play this on Switch. Another pseudo 100%, I got all the KONG letters, did all the temples and secret levels, but I did not do puzzle pieces. Because screw that.

Fire Emblem Three Houses: I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan and this game did not disappoint. I think the map designs are pretty dull, since they're mostly just big open areas with no kind of themes or gimmicks. But I really liked the expanded growth system for the characters, and I liked the monastery too.

New Pokémon Snap: I was pleasantly surprised with this game. I loved the original, but you can sit down and see everything that game has to offer in just a couple hours. This game, however, is pretty big. There's a lot to see, and you can easily get your money's worth. My only real gripe is the removal of evolutions. Some of the most nostalgic moments from the original were the evolutions, like knocking Charmeleon into the lava and then seeing it evolve into Charizard. Or luring Slowpoke over to Shellder to evolve it into Slowbro. But still, I enjoyed the game.

Super Mario Odyssey: I just started it a few days ago. I like it so far, it feels like a 3D Mario game.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.

Return to Orlando Magic