All known blocked shot data of Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain:

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

coastalmarker99
Starter
And1: 2,172

Re: All known blocked shot data of Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain: 

Post#161 » by coastalmarker99 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:47 pm

70sFan wrote:I just hope you coastalmaker to succeed with NBA Archives. It would give us so much more information...

I know you like Russell a lot and so if I get Wilt's family's permission the first thing I will do is ask them for his playoff battles with Russel as it will help solve so many of the Wilt vs Russell debates that this board seems to have and other boards as well like inside-hoops and Reddit.
Reggie Jackson is amazing and a killer in the clutch that's all.
70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,505

Post#162 » by 70sFan » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:59 pm

coastalmarker99 wrote:
70sFan wrote:I just hope you coastalmaker to succeed with NBA Archives. It would give us so much more information...

I know you like Russell a lot and so if I get Wilt's family's permission the first thing I will do is ask them for his playoff battles with Russel as it will help solve so many of the Wilt vs Russell debates that this board seems to have and other boards as well like inside-hoops and Reddit.

Of course it's understandable that most people want to see more Wilt vs Russell, but I'd love to see different teams from that era - especially Hawks, Nationals and Knicks. These were all talented teams that we don't know much about. The first Wilt game vs Hawks would be amazing to watch!
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#163 » by coastalmarker99 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:26 pm

70sFan wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:

Of course it's understandable that most people want to see more Wilt vs Russell, but I'd love to see different teams from that era - especially Hawks, Nationals and Knicks. These were all talented teams that we don't know much about. The first Wilt game vs Hawks would be amazing to watch!

Wilt hated playing the Hawks then he did playing the Celtics during his rookie years despite the fact that the Celtics played very dirty against him under Red's orders as it was the only way that he think of stopping a rookie Chamberlain he thought that the Hawks were even a more dirtier team then the Celtics were.

Clyde Lovellette was an incredibly dirty player and Wilt despised him to the day he died for what he did to him on the Date: February 11, 1960, Wilt's rookie year.

Game: St. Louis Hawks vs. Philadelphia Warriors

Wilt Chamberlain suffered a severe teeth injury when he got elbowed by Clyde Lovellette during a Hawks- Warriors game. He was hit so hard that he lost not only a few of his teeth but also suffered a blood poisoning infection. he had to visit the hospital for surgical treatment and it troubled him for the rest of his life. In fact, it most likely caused his heart attack in the 1964 offseason and then his death 35 years later in 1999.
70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,505

Post#164 » by 70sFan » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:02 pm

coastalmarker99 wrote:
70sFan wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:

Wilt hated playing the Hawks then he did playing the Celtics during his rookie years despite the fact that the Celtics played very dirty against him under Red's orders as it was the only way that he think of stopping a rookie Chamberlain he thought that the Hawks were even a more dirtier team then the Celtics were.

Clyde Lovellette was an incredibly dirty player and Wilt despised him to the day he died for what he did to him on the Date: February 11, 1960, Wilt's rookie year.

Wilt Chamberlain suffered a severe teeth injury when he got elbowed by Clyde Lovellette during a Hawks- Warriors game. He was hit so hard that he lost not only a few of his teeth but also suffered a blood poisoning infection. he had to visit the hospital for surgical treatment and it troubled him for the rest of his life. In fact, it most likely caused his heart attack in the 1964 offseason and then his death 35 years later in 1999.

That's one of the reasons to get some of his games vs St Louis. Another is that Clyde Lovellette was a fantastic shooter and I'd like to see how Wilt defended him (or did he defend Pettit instead?).
mstat13shuh
Junior
And1: 65

Post#165 » by mstat13shuh » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:16 am

coastalmarker99 wrote:
mstat13shuh wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:There is no way Russell had 20 blocks against the big three Lakers just no way especially in his last season I don't believe that for one second.
I'm sorry you don't believe it sir, but it DID happen. I'm not saying all the 20 blocks were ONLY vs Lakers big 3, I'm certain a number of others were vs other Lakers as well. Either way, the 20 block total is courtesy of the Boston Globe.

Maybe it did happen and that's just crazy if it actually did I know that some of the Celtics vs Laker games were on national television that season as I through some digging know the Nba archives has Wilt scoring 35 against them in a loss and also the Lakers blowing them out 108 to 73 in another game in March.
Very true, I was aware of that game as well from various articles.

About the Jan. 10th game, if you're still interested, there's a complete(except for individual minutes for some players)box score for this game on www.basketball-reference.com where you can study the field goals made & attempted by all the players. I do this frequently myself, no matter if the papers reported the block totals or not.
mstat13shuh
Junior

Post#166 » by mstat13shuh » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:21 am

70sFan wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:
70sFan wrote:Of course it's understandable that most people want to see more Wilt vs Russell, but I'd love to see different teams from that era - especially Hawks, Nationals and Knicks. These were all talented teams that we don't know much about. The first Wilt game vs Hawks would be amazing to watch!

That's one of the reasons to get some of his games vs St Louis. Another is that Clyde Lovellette was a fantastic shooter and I'd like to see how Wilt defended him (or did he defend Pettit instead?).
Now is probably as good a time as any to mention the following:

A couple years ago, I came upon a youtube subscriber who told me he was Wilt block the final 16 shots in a game vs the same St. Louis Hawks team. He didn't specify which season and/or game, or if he saw the game on TV or in the arena it was played in, but I'm certain it would've been from the early '60s as well. I'm still trying to pinpoint it myself. If someone could assist me here, I'd greatly appreciate it.
mstat13shuh
Junior

Post#167 » by mstat13shuh » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:23 am

coastalmarker99 wrote:
mstat13shuh wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:

I have been reading some things written by Wilt and others like Ike's Rich's man son's book Wilt Ike and me.

The night Ike Richman died from a heart attack at the Boston Garden in 1965

Wilt's stats were 28 points,30 rebounds and 9 blocked shots as the 76ers blew the Celtics out by 16 on the road.

In-game 5 against the Royals in the 1965 playoffs, first round in a winner take all game

Wilt's stats were 38 points,26 rebounds and 10 blocked shots not bad for an elimination game you think

I have learned many things from that book that David Richman wrote I learned that many of the 76ers and Celtics games were on national television including that famous game 7 so the Nba most likely has the full game in their archives.

In the 1965-1966 season, the 76ers smashed the Lakers on national television in La and they also had some others on national television that year against the Celtics if I can remember.

So, therefore, there is a ton of Wilt 76er footage just sitting there in the Nba archives which is a massive shame and I hope one day it can be released through me and others like 70's fan and also the WCA. As all we need at the moment to get the rare footage of Wilt is to get in contact with Wilt's family and gain their permission to get his footage of the Nba archives.
Hey, I like you already based upon this post. Looks like you did your homework pretty well here. Hats off to you sir, good job & keep it up.

I wasn't aware of the David Richman book until you mentioned it just now. Does it have some additional blocks games in there besides the games you just listed(even though I was already aware of most of them), or was that all the book had?

Second: do you know if there's any way to contact David Richman for this & other related data?
Third: I think the 65-66 game where the Sixers throttled the Lakers on national TV in LA was Dec. 15, 1965. I can't find Wilt's minutes for this game. I know Philly was up by 31 in the 1st half, but none of the game articles I've found mention anything about Wilt coming out at any point. What do you recall about that?
Fourth: would you know if David would have access to the box scores that the scorekeepers kept throughout the game? I'd bet they'd have the minutes for the players.
Fifth & lastly: I know there was a nationally televised Dec. 26, 1965 game between Philly & San Francisco. Most of the papers have Wilt with 16 blocks, but the late great Jack Kiser(I call him great because, toe me, he seemed to identify blocks during portions of the game when most other writers did not)of the Phily Daily News felt that Wilt seemed to have blocked many more. My estimate for this game is around 30, until further notice. What's your recollection about this game, if anything?

Thanks again for your post.

I am not sure there is a way to contact David Richman but I will try to see if I can I have also been trying for most of this year to get a hold of Wilt's family so that i can hopefully get their permission. as the Nba archives, people have said that they will allow me to get ahold of all of the footage that they have of Wilt in their archives if I have Wilt's family's permission to do so.

Wilt played 48 minutes against the Lakers that night and didn't come out the funny thing about Wilt usually as a 76er was that his highest block games were always usually against the Royal's Lakers and pistons for some strange reason.

Wilt disliked the Warriors after they traded him as a result of him having a heart attack In the 1964 offseason plus they were dealing with some money issues at the time as well . And usually the times he would play them afterwards he would go nuts I can remember that he blocked 15 shots in the first game of the 1967 finals and just flat out made sure to block everything Nate put up at the rim.

As for that 1965 game against them, I would agree with Wilt blocking over 20 shots as the Warriors that night could not get anything at the rim with him there blocking everything they missed almost 100 shots that game and they took a hell of a lot more then the 76ers did it was 33 more shots they took that night and despite that they still lost by 14.

First of all, thank you very much for your timely & informative response. It's certainly appreciative on my behalf.

Secondly, it would be nice if you could contact David & Wilt's family, as you say you have been attempting to do so for all this year; perhaps it's simply a matter of time.

Thirdly, I thought Wilt had 15 blocks(or more?)in game 4 of the '67 Finals, not game 1.
All the game 1 articles where his blocks were reported say 9(although he was suffering from a cold, since the Philly Daily News said he had 8 1st half blocks.). Would you know something here I wouldn't?

Fourthly, it's good that you recall that day-after X-mas '65 game I referenced above, just hope that game becomes available soon to validate both our estimates.

Fifth: thanks for the Wilt minutes in the game in question. I was mainly inquiring about his minutes for this game because the Philadelphia Evening Bulletin usually listed the individual minutes for the players in the box scores for this season, but for the Dec. 15th game, I guess for time constraints, publishing deadlines, they were not listed.

That being said, do you recall Wilt's minutes for the following games(meaning if he went full 48 min):

Nov. 21, 1965
Nov. 24, 1965
Dec. 17, 1965
Feb. 12, 1966

Sixth and lastly: you say above that Wilt's highest block totals as a 76er usually came vs Det, LAL, & Cin.

Do you believe this was because those teams had more post players, challenged Wilt at the rim more often, etc?

And do you recall his block totals in these games:

Dec. 10, 1965 vs Det
Dec. 11, 1965 vs Cin
Jan. 25, 1966 vs LAL
Jan. 28, 1966 vs Cin
Feb. 7, 1966 vs LAL
Feb. 11, 1966 vs Cin
Feb. 22, 1966 vs Det
Mar. 19, 1966 vs Cin

Blessings...
mstat13shuh
Junior

Post#168 » by mstat13shuh » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:30 am

coastalmarker99 wrote:

I do have a very long list of very rare regular-season and playoff games that the Nba archives have told me they have of Wilt.

For Wilt's rookie year they have his debut game where he scored 42 points and 30 rebounds plus 15 blocked shots and also his post-game interview outside of the garden where he stood talking to the media and fans for almost an hour afterwards.

They also have his first game ever against Russell where I was told Russell blocked some shots of Wilt's and generally frustrated him throughout the game and held him to 12 out of 38 from the floor through Wilt still did grab 28 rebounds and blocked 5 or 6 shots that game.

They also have his first game ever against the Lakers and Baylor which was held on November 14, 1959, and both Baylor and Wilt shot horribly from the floor that game Wilt missed 25 shots and shot 10 out of 25 and Baylor also shot 6 out of 26 from the floor.

Wilt's first game against the Hawks they also do have and that was a great game which the Hawks won by one point through once again Wilt struggled mightily from the floor as he struggled to handle the Hawks physically that game he shot 9 out of 28 from the floor ouch.

They also have some more games of Wilt vs Russell that same season and in those two games that about to show you the fun fact was that it was a back to back against each other

Wilt in both games crushed Russell

For the first game of the back to against the Celtics Wilt scored 45 points and also had 35 rebounds plus 7 blocked shots as the Warriors won by 10 points 123 to 113.

The second game of the back to back saw Wilt score 49 points on Russell and grab 33 rebounds and also block 13 shots the game was so bad for Russell that according to Heinsohn Russell vowed to never let himself be that embarrassed by Wilt again.

Through on January 2, 1960 Wilt once again crushed Russell with 47 points 36 rebounds and he also blocked once again 10 plus shots this was a great game from Wilt from the free-throw line shooting 11 out of 14 there.

Another game 2 weeks later through Russell finally got back Wilt and shut down to 12 out of 38 shooting from the floor as the Celtics blew the Warriors out by 12 points Wilt once again to his credit scored 40 plus points on Russell and also grabbed 42 rebounds.

Two days later Wilt once again scored 40 plus points on Russell and grabbed 26 rebounds plus 6 blocked shots as the Warriors lost a tight one 123 to 129.

For the fourth time, that same month Wilt once again scored 40 points on Russell and grabbed 39 rebounds and plus 8 blocked shots as the Warriors won 124 to 116.

On the February 23, 1960 Wilt would once again score big on Russell's head this time scoring 53 points along with 29 rebounds plus 7 blocked shots Red and the Celtics seemed this season to have no clue how to stop the big dipper on dominating so hard on both ends of the court against them.

The last two games of that season heading into the playoffs the Celtics finally seemed to figure out ways to stop Chamberlain through Chamberlain scored 39 points in the two last games he faced against them before the playoffs arrived the Celtics would still win setting the tone for what was to come later in the Ecf that same season.

Thank you also for this post, as it's also very informative in many accounts. I'll inquire more about some of these games soon.
colts18
Head Coach
And1: 3,237

Post#169 » by colts18 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:07 pm

Mark Eaton and Manute Bol were getting 15 blocks in the 80's. I don't why its hard to believe Russell had 20 blocks in a game especially during a higher pace era with more shots near the basket and had very primitive offensive strategy.
mstat13shuh
Junior

Post#170 » by mstat13shuh » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:16 am

colts18 wrote:Mark Eaton and Manute Bol were getting 15 blocks in the 80's. I don't why its hard to believe Russell had 20 blocks in a game especially during a higher pace era with more shots near the basket and had very primitive offensive strategy.
It may be partly hard to believe for some because most are probably basing the unofficial totals vs the official totals.

But honestly, most, if not all, the reported totals that I've found so far(in newspapers and other online sources) don't surprise me at all, whenever everything necessary is taken into consideration.
frica
Pro Prospect
And1: 457

Post#171 » by frica » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:24 pm

colts18 wrote:Mark Eaton and Manute Bol were getting 15 blocks in the 80's. I don't why its hard to believe Russell had 20 blocks in a game especially during a higher pace era with more shots near the basket and had very primitive offensive strategy.

I'd say Elmore Smith is a better example than Eaton and Bol.

Or:
mstat13shuh
Junior

Post#172 » by mstat13shuh » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:09 am

frica wrote:

I'd say Elmore Smith is a better example than Eaton and Bol.

Or:
I don't totally agree here, and that's not attempting to disparage Elmore here.

First of all, Mark & Manute didn't play in the same era that Elmore did.

Second of all, I'm convinced that Mark & Manute would've averaged more than Elmore did had they both been in the league simultaneously.

That being said, I'm still convinced Elmore holds [i]actual Buffalo-San Diego-LA Clippers shot-blocking franchise records.
mstat13shuh
Junior

Post#173 » by mstat13shuh » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:22 am

coastalmarker99, I understand I inquired about quite a bit during my last request/response to you, as well as the fact that you may be attempting to finish up some shopping/present wrapping. If so, I can hold the following request of for a few more days.

However, if possible, I would truly appreciate it if you could tell me whether or not you recall Wilt's minutes for the following games(meaning if he went full 48 min):

Nov. 21, 1965
Nov. 24, 1965
Dec. 17, 1965
Feb. 12, 1966

I'll repost the 2nd half of my requests later.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Blessings..
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#174 » by coastalmarker99 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:46 pm

mstat13shuh wrote:coastalmarker99, I understand I inquired about quite a bit during my last request/response to you, as well as the fact that you may be attempting to finish up some shopping/present wrapping. If so, I can hold the following request of for a few more days.

However, if possible, I would truly appreciate it if you could tell me whether or not you recall Wilt's minutes for the following games(meaning if he went full 48 min):

Nov. 21, 1965
Nov. 24, 1965
Dec. 17, 1965
Feb. 12, 1966

Blessings..

For Nov 21, 1965 against the Lakers, Wilt did play 48 minutes as he scored 32 points and grabbed 33 rebounds plus he also had 13 blocks against them as well as the 76ers ruthlessly shut down the Lakers offensively that night on there way to victory.

For Nov 24, 1965 Wilt once again faced the Lakers and played 48 minutes as he scored 42 points and grabbed 27 rebounds plus he had 8 assists to go along with his 8 blocks that game through despite that they would lose to the Lakers 124 to 127.

For Feb 12, 1966 Wilt faced the Celtics and played 48 minutes as he scored 29 points and grabbed 26 rebounds while also blocking 11 shots as the 76ers lost to the Celtics in a very low scoring game 83 to 85.

for Dec 17, 1965, Wilt once again faced the Lakers and played 48 minutes as he scored 38 points and grabbed 24 rebounds plus he 9 assists to go along with his 12 blocks that game as the 76ers beat the Lakers 127 to 117 the key to winning that game was the 76ers holding the Lakers to 40 per cent shooting from the field through Wilt's excellent rim protection.

For Wilt against the Lakers this season he dominated them on defence with his rim protection causing the Lakers on average against the 76ers that season to average about a 40 shooting percentage overall as a team mainly due to Wilt's increased defensive activity this season compared to the prior one where he had slacked off a lot as a result of heart and health issues.
mstat13shuh
Junior

Post#175 » by mstat13shuh » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:24 am

coastalmarker99 wrote:
mstat13shuh wrote:coastalmarker99, I understand I inquired about quite a bit during my last request/response to you, as well as the fact that you may be attempting to finish up some shopping/present wrapping. If so, I can hold the following request of for a few more days.

Nov. 21, 1965
Nov. 24, 1965
Dec. 17, 1965
Feb. 12, 1966

Blessings..

For Nov 21, 1965 against the Lakers, Wilt did play 48 minutes as he scored 32 points and grabbed 33 rebounds plus he also had 13 blocks against them as well as the 76ers ruthlessly shut down the Lakers offensively that night on there way to victory.

For Nov 24, 1965 Wilt once again faced the Lakers and played 48 minutes as he scored 42 points and grabbed 27 rebounds plus he had 8 assists to go along with his 8 blocks that game through despite that they would lose to the Lakers 124 to 127.

For Feb 12, 1966 Wilt faced the Celtics and played 48 minutes as he scored 29 points and grabbed 26 rebounds while also blocking 11 shots as the 76ers lost to the Celtics in a very low scoring game 83 to 85.

for Dec 17, 1965, Wilt once again faced the Lakers and played 48 minutes as he scored 38 points and grabbed 24 rebounds plus he 9 assists to go along with his 12 blocks that game as the 76ers beat the Lakers 127 to 117 the key to winning that game was the 76ers holding the Lakers to 40 per cent shooting from the field through Wilt's excellent rim protection.

For Wilt against the Lakers this season he dominated them on defence with his rim protection causing the Lakers on average against the 76ers that season to average about a 40 shooting percentage overall as a team mainly due to Wilt's increased defensive activity this season compared to the prior one where he had slacked off a lot as a result of heart and health issues.

Thank you again for the golden nuggets coastal99, you're a TRUE godsend here with this, and I mean that with 100% sincerity here.
I don't delegate compliments like this on a regular basis, so by all means consider yourself fortunate here.

Something else came to me now, which hopefully you can correct here:

I'm a trifle confused about Wilt's minutes for the following 2 games:

Feb. 14, 1966 vs Detroit
Feb. 17, 1966 at LAL(1 paper says he came out with 2 min left, another says 3 or 4)

Blessings..
mstat13shuh
Junior

Post#176 » by mstat13shuh » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:36 am

As an aside coastalmarker99(and everyone else), part of the reason I inquired about Wilt's minutes in the 4 previous games was because of the following 2 reasons:

1) At long last, I can now officially confirm that Wilt averaged 48.36MPG in Dec. '65, which is probably the last full calendar month that Dippy averaged at least 48.00MPG or better(I don't have all of Wilt's Feb. 69 minutes for certain games, so I still could be wrong, but I'm still pretty confident in this assessment.

2) Wilt played in 10 consecutive complete games from Dec. 3-20, 1965. This is the 9th and possibly last time Wilt accomplished this feat in regular season competition(again, don't have all of Wilt's Jan-Feb. '69 games, so it may have occurred again during this stretch as well, but knowing how VBK disdained Wilt going the full distance compared to most of his other coaches, I wouldn't exactly wager the South Fork ranch on this one folks.
mstat13shuh
Junior

Post#177 » by mstat13shuh » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:31 am

coastalmarker99
Here is the 2nd half of my request.

Do you recall Wilt's block totals in these games:

Dec. 10, 1965 vs Det
Dec. 11, 1965 vs Cin
Jan. 25, 1966 vs LAL
Jan. 28, 1966 vs Cin
Feb. 7, 1966 vs LAL
Feb. 11, 1966 vs Cin
Feb. 22, 1966 vs Det
Mar. 19, 1966 vs Cin
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#178 » by coastalmarker99 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:55 am

mstat13shuh wrote:coastalmarker99

Dec. 10, 1965 vs Det
Dec. 11, 1965 vs Cin
Jan. 25, 1966 vs LAL
Jan. 28, 1966 vs Cin
Feb. 7, 1966 vs LAL
Feb. 11, 1966 vs Cin
Feb. 22, 1966 vs Det
Mar. 19, 1966 vs Cin

Dec. 10, 1965 vs Det Wilt played 48 minutes and scored 40 points and grabbed 29 rebounds plus he had about 11 to 12 blocked shots as Det was held to only 42.7 percent from the floor for the entire game through the 76ers still lost 114 to 116

Dec. 11, 1965 vs Cin Wilt played 53 minutes this game and scored 38 points and grabbed 33 rebounds plus he also had 6 assists and 13 blocks as the 76ers won 135 to 132 in overtime the key to the win was Wilt's rim protection caused the royals to shoot 49 out of 109 from the floor.

Jan. 25, 1966 vs LAL Wilt played 48 minutes this game and scored 53 points and grabbed 31 rebounds plus he also had 17 blocks which caused the Lakers to shoot awfully from the field that game 37 out of 101 which is a percentage of 36.6

Jan. 28, 1966, vs Cin Wilt played 48 minutes this game and scored 43 points and grabbed 24 rebounds plus he also had 14 blocks as the 76ers crushed the royals 125 to 103 the key to this win was the royals being held to 38.1 percent from the field overall as a team.

Feb. 7, 1966 vs LAL Wilt played 47 minutes and scored 65 points and grabbed 29 rebounds plus he also had 16 blocks that game as the 76ers beat the Lakers 132 to 125 key to the win was once again Wilt dominating on both ends vs the Lakers they couldn't get anything past him that game which caused them to shoot overall as a team from the field 39.0.

Feb. 11, 1966 vs Cin Wilt played 46 minutes and scored 32 and grabbed 22 rebounds and also he had 7 assists to go along with his 20 blocks that game as once again the 76ers beat the royals this time through by 19 points 113 to 94 the royals were helpless throughout this entire game. As Wilt dominated utterly on the defensive end which ensured that the Royals would only shoot 29.9 percent from the field as a entire team.

Feb. 22, 1966 vs Det Wilt played 48 minutes and scored 32 points and grabbed 19 rebounds and he also had 10 assists to go along with his 12 blocks that game as the 76ers won a tight one 117 to 112 the key to the win was the 76ers holding Det to 40 percent overall shooting from the floor as a result of some great defence by Wilt at the rim which forced them to go outside and take jumpers.

Mar. 19, 1966 vs Cin Wilt played 48 minutes and scored 39 points and grabbed 28 rebounds to go along with his 12 assists and 10 blocked shots as the 76ers once again beat the royals in a tough game 127 to 121 in the second last game of the regular season for them.

Wilt this season seemed to feast on the Lakers and the Royals the most as he usually had his biggest games vs them those two teams seemed utterly incapable of stopping Wilt from dominating on both ends as they lacked a real center that could seriously bother Wilt or at least make him work a little bit on both ends.
mstat13shuh
Junior

Post#179 » by mstat13shuh » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:49 am

coastalmarker99 wrote:

Dec. 10, 1965 vs Det
Dec. 11, 1965 vs Cin
Jan. 25, 1966 vs LAL
Jan. 28, 1966 vs Cin
Feb. 7, 1966 vs LAL
Feb. 11, 1966 vs Cin
Feb. 22, 1966 vs Det
Mar. 19, 1966 vs Cin

Dec. 10, 1965 vs Det Wilt played 48 minutes and scored 40 points and grabbed 29 rebounds plus he had about 11 to 12 blocked shots as Det was held to only 42.7 percent from the floor for the entire game through the 76ers still lost 114 to 116

Dec. 11, 1965 vs Cin Wilt played 53 minutes this game and scored 38 points and grabbed 33 rebounds plus he also had 6 assists and 13 blocks as the 76ers won 135 to 132 in overtime the key to the win was Wilt's rim protection caused the royals to shoot 49 out of 109 from the floor.

Jan. 25, 1966 vs LAL Wilt played 48 minutes this game and scored 53 points and grabbed 31 rebounds plus he also had 17 blocks which caused the Lakers to shoot awfully from the field that game 37 out of 101 which is a percentage of 36.6

Jan. 28, 1966, vs Cin Wilt played 48 minutes this game and scored 43 points and grabbed 24 rebounds plus he also had 14 blocks as the 76ers crushed the royals 125 to 103 the key to this win was the royals being held to 38.1 percent from the field overall as a team.

Feb. 7, 1966 vs LAL Wilt played 47 minutes and scored 65 points and grabbed 29 rebounds plus he also had 16 blocks that game as the 76ers beat the Lakers 132 to 125 key to the win was once again Wilt dominating on both ends vs the Lakers they couldn't get anything past him that game which caused them to shoot overall as a team from the field 39.0.

Feb. 11, 1966 vs Cin Wilt played 46 minutes and scored 32 and grabbed 22 rebounds and also he had 7 assists to go along with his 20 blocks that game as once again the 76ers beat the royals this time through by 19 points 113 to 94 the royals were helpless throughout this entire game. As Wilt dominated utterly on the defensive end which ensured that the Royals would only shoot 29.9 percent from the field as a entire team.

Feb. 22, 1966 vs Det Wilt played 48 minutes and scored 32 points and grabbed 19 rebounds and he also had 10 assists to go along with his 12 blocks that game as the 76ers won a tight one 117 to 112 the key to the win was the 76ers holding Det to 40 percent overall shooting from the floor as a result of some great defence by Wilt at the rim which forced them to go outside and take jumpers.

Mar. 19, 1966 vs Cin Wilt played 48 minutes and scored 39 points and grabbed 28 rebounds to go along with his 12 assists and 10 blocked shots as the 76ers once again beat the royals in a tough game 127 to 121 in the second last game of the regular season for them.

Wilt this season seemed to feast on the Lakers and the Royals the most as he usually had his biggest games vs them those two teams seemed utterly incapable of stopping Wilt from dominating on both ends as they lacked a real center that could seriously bother Wilt or at least make him work a little bit on both ends.
Thank you very much again coastalmarker, I sincerely appreciate it. Excellent X-mas gift, or even gift period, regardless of time of year.
coastalmarker99
Starter

Post#180 » by coastalmarker99 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:00 am

mstat13shuh wrote:
coastalmarker99 wrote:

Dec. 10, 1965 vs Det
Dec. 11, 1965 vs Cin
Jan. 25, 1966 vs LAL
Jan. 28, 1966 vs Cin
Feb. 7, 1966 vs LAL
Feb. 11, 1966 vs Cin
Feb. 22, 1966 vs Det
Mar. 19, 1966 vs Cin

Thank you very much again coastalmarker, I sincerely appreciate it. Excellent X-mas gift, or even gift period, regardless of time of year.

Its no problem man and also I hope you have a great X-mas

Return to Player Comparisons