ImageImageImageImageImage

If you're a Siakam Fan then post here!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#1 » by TheDunc » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:09 pm

The amount of hate this guy gets around here is ridiculous, he's developed into a hell of player since we drafted him and since the bubble he's struggled and now everyone is so quick to forget everything prior. Is he a number 1 option? probably not but he can still be a great 2nd option on a championship team like we saw previously. Too me he seems to be trying to expand his game and with that comes some bad performances. He will find himself I have faith in him to turn it around and so should other raptor fans. Being a fan isn't just about liking our players when their performing well, its about sticking by them when their struggling because you believe they will turn it around eventually.

So keep at it Siakam, some fans still appreciate you and have faith you will make the adjustments to become the player we believe you can be. If you still have faith in him then show you're support here!
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#2 » by Danny1616 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:33 pm

He struggled offensively in the bubble, but I would still take him over Derozan any day of the week. His athleticism, motor, wingspan, and elite defense still make him a net positive even when not shooting well.

Dude just finished his 4th year in the NBA.

Let me remind people: In Demar's 4th year he was just a solid starter who had terrible handles and wasn't that efficient.

In Kawhi's 4th year he was a top 3+D player but wasn't an all-star.

In Siakim's 4th year he averaged 23ppg, 7rpg and 4apg on solid efficiency and made the all NBA second team and was selected as an NBA starter. He came into the league with almost no expectations. He was a role player two years ago and suddenly became a bona fide star who had huge games in the playoffs.

I get that we are paying him max money but he actually surpassed expectations before the bubble. Give him another year or two before we actually make an assessment.
RapZilla
Starter
And1: 1,130

Post#3 » by RapZilla » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:36 pm

He had a real bad stretch but he will bounce back. He's a hard worker, talented and he's got all the physical tools. Even during the bubble he was a plus defender so I have little doubt that he will be worth his contract when all is said and done.
Credit to Turbo_Zone
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#4 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:39 pm

i trust that he hit rock bottom in the bubble. only up from here on out!
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,125

Post#5 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:44 pm

Even if his peak is his 3rd season where he played the 2nd/3rd fiddle to Kawhi and Lowry; he was still a max player.

Ignore his offensive game; he is an elite defender who has guarded everything 1 through 4 and occasionally 5. He can switch everything and is never hunted down by opposing guards wings or bigs.

Offensively, he is a good spot up shooter, finishes a lot of tough layups, and is a willing passer.

We’re never going to win with Siakam as a #1 option, but did see ever expect to? It’s quite evident he will be best used as a #2 and there’s nothing wrong with that. Anything more than that is gravy
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#6 » by RaptorsNorth » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:48 pm

Just say you’re talking about me and keep it as that. Pascal is not being called out because it’s his fault. It’s actually this organizations fault! They did the same thing with Demar. The guy is not a first option player but he’s being paid like one. This was the same issue with Demar! There’s smart raptors fans that know this already. He had a good run playing behind kawhi and the organization thought they could resign kawhi. Pascal was plan B and he’s just not that guy! The fans that know better know he’s not the main man!! Come on if middleton has a good season behind Giannis is now the man on another team looking to win a championship ? Pascal is a 2nd option guy. I actually blame the organization for putting him in this position by paying him superstar money and letting fans believe he’s that guy. I truly believe Masai and Bobby now realize he’s not that guy which is why they created cap space for that guy to come in. If they believed he was the guy to run this team Serge would be here, gasol would be here. They created cap space because they know pascal is not that guy so why do you believe he’s that guy when Masai and Bobby is looking for a superstar? Come on man it’s common sense. Why are they trying to create cap space for a superstar “if they have one in pascal ?” It’s because they know he’s not that guy.

You can take guys with 1 or 2 option move and turn them into your first option player smh
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#7 » by fbalmeida » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:51 pm

"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,640

Post#8 » by WeThe2019Champs » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:51 pm

I miss seeing the spin move.
No More Tanking!
Danny1616
General Manager

Post#9 » by Danny1616 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:03 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Just say you’re talking about me and keep it as that. Pascal is not being called out because it’s his fault. It’s actually this organizations fault! They did the same thing with Demar. The guy is not a first option player but he’s being paid like one. This was the same issue with Demar! There’s smart raptors fans that know this already. He had a good run playing behind kawhi and the organization thought they could resign kawhi. Pascal was plan B and he’s just not that guy! The fans that know better know he’s not the main man!! Come on if middleton has a good season behind Giannis is now the man on another team looking to win a championship ? Pascal is a 2nd option guy. I actually blame the organization for putting him in this position by paying him superstar money and letting fans believe he’s that guy. I truly believe Masai and Bobby now realize he’s not that guy which is why they created cap space for that guy to come in. If they believed he was the guy to run this team Serge would be here, gasol would be here. They created cap space because they know pascal is not that guy so why do you believe he’s that guy when Masai and Bobby is looking for a superstar? Come on man it’s common sense. Why are they trying to create cap space for a superstar “if they have one in pascal ?” It’s because they know he’s not that guy.

You can take guys with 1 or 2 option move and turn them into your first option player smh

Answer this simple question for me:

Was Kawhi a legit #1 option in his 4th year in the league? (was basically a 3+D player).

Was Steph a legit #1 option in his 4th year in the league? (only shot 40% in the 2nd round of playoffs).

Was Butler a legit #1 option in his 4th year in the league? (shot 40% as a 2nd option in the 2nd round).

Was Harden a legit #1 option in his 4th year in the league? (Shot 39% in the 2013 playoffs).

Would you consider Lillard a legit #1 option in 2018? (Blazers lost to lower seeded Pelicans and Lillard shot 35% from the field).

Would you consider George a legit #1 option in 2018 and 2020? (Shot 40% in 2018 and 39% in 2020 playoffs lost both times to lower seeded teams).

Maybe give Siakam another 1-2 years before making the conclusion that he isn't a legit #1 guy. Very very few players are legit #1 options after 3-4 seasons. And even those players like Lebron, Kobe, KD etc. had playoff struggles early on before getting over the hump.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,489

Post#10 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:11 pm

MIP.
All-NBA 2nd team.
2nd most win shares from his draft class.
2nd highest usage on a championship team.

...by the age of 26, from the 27th pick in the draft.
Danny1616
General Manager

Post#11 » by Danny1616 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:15 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:MIP.
All-NBA 2nd team.

Don't give them the stats man.

These same guys were praying a few years ago that we would tank for Wiggins and were still hoping we would traded for Wiggins 2-3 years ago.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,566

Post#12 » by dTox » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:17 pm

I've had moments of frustration but have never lost faith in him as a player, last year was a blip in the radar
TBZ for the win
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#13 » by Ramed Nazored » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:17 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:MIP.
All-NBA 2nd team.

Jef
Sixth Man
And1: 3,405

Post#14 » by Jef » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:32 pm

I am a fan of his hard work and his character.
I would like him to be tougher.
Norman Powell, after Game 5 Pacers dunk: "That's Norman Powell!"
C3SIUM
Starter
And1: 693

Post#15 » by C3SIUM » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:33 pm

I believe.
He will take the next step. First step was to ascend, second step is to adjust to the adjustments that have been made to you.
He has the motor and the heart. I believe
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#16 » by raptor jesus » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:35 pm

Sometimes this board makes me feel as though the championship only happened in my mind. Not that Pascal is immune to criticism, but when you zoom out and consider his entire body of work: from the 27th pick to MIP to big performances in the Finals, including hitting the Finals clinching shot, to All-Star - how can anyone not be a fan of this guy?
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,997

Post#17 » by NinjaBro » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:39 pm

place has gone bonkers since Giannis re-signing :lol:
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,369

Post#18 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:42 pm

I'm still a fan, but I was disappointed in his play second half of last season. Hope he bounces back.
Raps1103
Veteran
And1: 3,235

Post#19 » by Raps1103 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:42 pm

He had a “below average - average “ bubble performance, but that doesn’t negate EVERYTHING he’s did during last season, and the year before as the #2 on a CHAMPIONSHIP team !! These same guys that want to trade Siakam for Harden.. (who has NEVER won anything !!) Are simply PPG guys!! SIAKAM had ONE BAD STINT!! Jesus Christ !! Your short term memories are astounding ! He’s a legit Allstar, all NBA player, that has Improved EVERY SINGLE SEASON ... suddenly you think that’ll just stop ? Now he’s peaked?? Why ? cuz you say so? What evidence do you have ..( other than, cuz you think so) that he won’t improve even more and become an elite #1? Seriously ? Maybe he won’t .. who knows.. but making absolute claims that he’ll NEVER be a #1 option on a championship team is laughable ... you don’t know that, you can’t know that ! Get over yourself and your deluded notion that “youre a better raps fan, cuz you dump on them constantly “ it’s just being miserable/negative !

Ok.. that’s it... I got that all out
nestea
Veteran
And1: 1,778

Post#20 » by nestea » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:43 pm

I say stay tuned ..
Im an Optomist, not an optometrist!

Return to Toronto Raptors