Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,167

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#101 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 906

Post#102 » by retrobro90 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:50 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Kuminga is an impressive athlete
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#103 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:58 pm

Spoiler:
retrobro90 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Gfycat Video - Click to Play

Kuminga is an impressive athlete

Before the season started he was my favorite just going by high school highlight videos.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,017

Post#104 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:20 am

Wouldn't surprise me if Kuminga is higher on Presti list than in most mock drafts.

Do de know Kuminda/Green shooting percentages?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#105 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:12 am

Dadouv47 wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if Kuminga is higher on Presti list than in most mock drafts.

Do de know Kuminda/Green shooting percentages?

https://gleague.nba.com/box-score-december-15-2020/
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 906

Post#106 » by retrobro90 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:50 am

Let's say hypothetically the current top 5 (in some order) is:

1. Cade
2. Green
3. Suggs
4. Mobley
5. Kuminga

Who should OKC take at #6? I'm probably going with either Jalen Johnson or Scottie Barnes and probably leaning Barnes. I kinda just trust Barnes the most from a physical tools and IQ perspective even if he isn't a polished bucket getter at this very early point in his career. Both the (disappointing thus far) Kentucky fellas would also be available in that scenario.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#107 » by getrichordie » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:30 am

Both Gach. That is all.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#108 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:18 am

retrobro90 wrote:Let's say hypothetically the current top 5 (in some order) is:

1. Cade
2. Green
3. Suggs
4. Mobley
5. Kuminga

Who should OKC take at #6? I'm probably going with either Jalen Johnson or Scottie Barnes and probably leaning Barnes. I kinda just trust Barnes the most from a physical tools and IQ perspective even if he isn't a polished bucket getter at this very early point in his career. Both the (disappointing thus far) Kentucky fellas would also be available in that scenario.

I haven’t seen much of Johnson so I would probably go Barnes. I still want to believe in Boston despite his struggles. Zaire smith is playing hurt so he’s a possibility too.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Post#109 » by Old Man Game » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:31 am

SO watched more OSU tonight. Something just bugs me about Cade. I mean, he's a really good player but something about him just screams 'solid pro' to 'elite second banana' more so than 'franchise cornerstone.' I don't know if its the lack of jump off the page athleticism, or the weak handle or the inability to score or what. I definitely won't be mad if we get him or anything, I'm just still not 100% sold on him being the best overall player in this draft.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#110 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:05 pm

Old Man Game wrote:SO watched more OSU tonight. Something just bugs me about Cade. I mean, he's a really good player but something about him just screams 'solid pro' to 'elite second banana' more so than 'franchise cornerstone.' I don't know if its the lack of jump off the page athleticism, or the weak handle or the inability to score or what. I definitely won't be mad if we get him or anything, I'm just still not 100% sold on him being the best overall player in this draft.

I can see that. I hope we get enough games this year to have more of an idea how good these guys really are. Mobley has had his last few games cancelled. Suggs hasn’t played in two weeks. All we have from Green and Kuminga is iPhone footage of a scrimmage.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#111 » by Old Man Game » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:52 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:SO watched more OSU tonight. Something just bugs me about Cade. I mean, he's a really good player but something about him just screams 'solid pro' to 'elite second banana' more so than 'franchise cornerstone.' I don't know if its the lack of jump off the page athleticism, or the weak handle or the inability to score or what. I definitely won't be mad if we get him or anything, I'm just still not 100% sold on him being the best overall player in this draft.

I can see that. I hope we get enough games this year to have more of an idea how good these guys really are. Mobley has had his last few games cancelled. Suggs hasn’t played in two weeks. All we have from Green and Kuminga is iPhone footage of a scrimmage.
I did think last night's game was a perfect example of why I at the first of the Season i said that I thought Cunningham would look not that great in osu's offense. Late in that game TCU just dropped back at 3-2 Zone and it was just became a slog for OSU because we don't have great 3-point shooters to counter that defense. It's just not a good environment for him to show off his tools.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#112 » by spearsy23 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:34 pm

College basketball is very bad for guys who aren't elite jump shooters or freak outliers athletically. On the other hand, how many guys who are neither of those things go on to be championship level number one options? Harden would be one example.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:19 pm

This article contrasts the Knicks and Thunder’s situation going in to rebuilds with the new lotto percentages.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/12/17/22179125/nba-teams-can-no-longer-tank-their-way-to-the-top
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:50 pm

Kuminga tore it up again today.

Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#115 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:10 pm

Suggs is just too good. It’s unreal.

Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#116 » by Old Man Game » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:13 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Suggs is just too good. It’s unreal.

Rare combination of elite skill and elite athleticism.

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:23 pm

Old Man Game wrote:

If I were drafting based on what I've seen on the court without any prior opinions, I think I would have Suggs and Mobley ahead of Cade. That's not a knock on Cade but the others have just been so good. Cade's body is a big reason for his draft hype. Still need to see more of Green and Kuminga but I think I prefer Kuminga. I think Suggs would struggle the least of all of them from day one.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,017

Post#118 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:38 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:

If I were drafting based on what I've seen on the court without any prior opinions, I think I would have Suggs and Mobley ahead of Cade. That's not a knock on Cade but the others have just been so good. Cade's body is a big reason for his draft hype. Still need to see more of Green and Kuminga but I think I prefer Kuminga. I think Suggs would struggle the least of all of them from day one.

Didn't watch enough of Mobley. Give me one of Cade/Suggs or Kuminga and I'm good.

It's tough to watch those videos and realize that 80% of those guys are going to the Cavs/Knicks/Pistons :lol:

Better get lucky this year and draft well...
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:09 pm

Spoiler:
Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:Rare combination of elite skill and elite athleticism.

Didn't watch enough of Mobley. Give me one of Cade/Suggs or Kuminga and I'm good.

It's tough to watch those videos and realize that 80% of those guys are going to the Cavs/Knicks/Pistons :lol:

Better get lucky this year and draft well...

If we suck this year and don't get a top 5 pick, I would say that's extremely unlucky. In that sense we don't need to be lucky, just not unlucky. While it might not be possible to move in to the top five with a late lotto Houston pick, I think moving from 6 to 3 or 4 could be doable depending on how teams evaluate players.

Even if we end up not getting our first choice, other factors matter too. Coach Daigneult developing an underachieving talent like Boston could make up for that. There are so many variables right now. A guy like Jalen Johnson or Terrance Clarke could jump in to that top tier too.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#120 » by Old Man Game » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:50 pm

My only problem with drafting Suggs will be I'll catch myself calling him Terrell Suggs probably multiple times a week.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder