ImageImageImageImageImage

2020/2021 general thread

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,572

2020/2021 general thread 

Post#1 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:31 am

Didn't know where to put this and saw we didn't have a general thread.

National tv guys just made me LOL. "Buddy hield came off the bench last year, but he didn't pout or complain...."

What are the qualifications for this job? These guys live under a rock or something?

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Re: 2020/2021 general thread 

Post#2 » by nolimit0820 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:32 am

Haha I heard that. Hilarious!
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,530

Post#3 » by codydaze » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:34 am

Thank, I'll sticky this.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#4 » by BoogieTime » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:49 am

I’ve never agreed with the sentiment of moving Buddy for the sake of it. He’s looking fine with an offense suited to his needs, and, of course, IMO is better than Bogdanovic. I’ve been wondering if he can defend small forwards because, maybe Ty should be starting if Fox is a passive second banana. The starters coming out sluggish routine for the bench to save us has continued from spring til now so far. Let’s see if it changes

Buddy has the core strength to check small forwards IMO
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#5 » by KF10 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:58 am

Whiteside is already 10x better than what Len did for us last season. Dude is going to to win games for us lol

I can see some contenders looking at the Kings to deal for Whiteside. I hope we can extract some value for some of our guys by the deadline.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#6 » by KF10 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:01 am

Read on Twitter

Wow Luke what a buzzkill lol

I rather have Guy on the court than CoJo.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#7 » by KF10 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:04 am

Bogi showing some love

Read on Twitter
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#8 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:39 am

That was fun, pre season or not.

Big brass balls of Bibby is what that reminded me of.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#9 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:56 pm

KF10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow Luke what a buzzkill lol

I rather have Guy on the court than CoJo.

I know its pre-season but damn I strongly agree with this. Just his 3pt ability makes us a far more dangerous team.

Fox/Guy
Buddy/Haliburton
Barnes/GRIII
Bagley/Bjelica
Holmes/Whiteside

Let em play!
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#10 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:58 pm

I'm really hoping we find a way to move on from Barnes this season. Id rather move him than Buddy TBH. Barnes is just a guy whose destined to be a 4th/5th starter on a contender. He doesn't really have an elite qualities and is just kinda taking up space here.

Id much rather let Woodard and GRIII take the minutes at SF but obviously that won't happen with Barnes on the roster.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by OGSactownballer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:14 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm really hoping we find a way to move on from Barnes this season. Id rather move him than Buddy TBH. Barnes is just a guy whose destined to be a 4th/5th starter on a contender. He doesn't really have an elite qualities and is just kinda taking up space here.

Id much rather let Woodard and GRIII take the minutes at SF but obviously that won't happen with Barnes on the roster.

This is exactly my thoughts.

I don’t dislike Barnes and at the time we traded for him and the resign, it was good to just finally fill the void at the SF spot.

Now though, he just doesn’t really fit either the true timeline of the team nor the need at the position.

Our primary offense will come from in order - SG, PG, PF, C and SF (fourth or fifth it won’t make a lot of difference just depends on the night). The problem with Barnes is that he doesn’t give you either a lockdown level of defense, or an ability to have that kind of high percentage average night offensively or those occasional hot nights that carry the team when somebody more primary is off.

He really is a great fit in a team that is already a contender and needs a solid guy to steady things. But here he just seems to get lost.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#12 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:32 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm really hoping we find a way to move on from Barnes this season. Id rather move him than Buddy TBH. Barnes is just a guy whose destined to be a 4th/5th starter on a contender. He doesn't really have an elite qualities and is just kinda taking up space here.

This is exactly my thoughts.

I don’t dislike Barnes and at the time we traded for him and the resign, it was good to just finally fill the void at the SF spot.

Now though, he just doesn’t really fit either the true timeline of the team nor the need at the position.

Our primary offense will come from in order - SG, PG, PF, C and SF (fourth or fifth it won’t make a lot of difference just depends on the night). The problem with Barnes is that he doesn’t give you either a lockdown level of defense, or an ability to have that kind of high percentage average night offensively or those occasional hot nights that carry the team when somebody more primary is off.

He really is a great fit in a team that is already a contender and needs a solid guy to steady things. But here he just seems to get lost.

Ya absolutely. He just seems like the kind of guy who is absolutely average. Hes never going to kill you or lose you games, but he never really wins you a game. Hes a smart, steady guy, and I agree when we made the trade/resigned I was cool with it. But at this point seems like we are going through a bit of a reset.

Its not really his fault either. Id love to see him on a team with Durant, Lebron, Giannis. Think he would pair nicely with all those guys.

If Harden gets moved to Philly. Id love to work a deal out with Brooklyn. Barnes + Bjelica for Prince and LeVert. Then move Buddy for an expiring + a draft pick once he ups his value over the season. Would love to see LeVert / Fox / Haliburton as the back court. 3 fast guys who can all get the rim, can handle, and are all willing passers. Would be exciting to watch.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#13 » by BoogieTime » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:47 am

Fox and his contract have looked scary in the preseason..

IMO he has been not progressing for a bit; last year the team was actually better without him off the floor

His motor issues seem innate, and part of the reason he often lacks imprint on the game.

He’s only 22, and skilled, so, hopefully over the course of the years he starts to become somewhat of what we hoped
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,530

Post#14 » by codydaze » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:30 am

BoogieTime wrote:Fox and his contract have looked scary in the preseason..

IMO he has been not progressing for a bit; last year the team was actually better without him off the floor

His motor issues seem innate, and part of the reason he often lacks imprint on the game.

He’s only 22, and skilled, so, hopefully over the course of the years he starts to become somewhat of what we hoped

Not concerned at all with preseason Fox. He's been taking about 7 threes per game, I expect maybe 3-4 during the regular season when he attack the basket more. He's coming off great production the bubble, four preseason games don't worry me in the slightest.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#15 » by BoogieTime » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:53 am

codydaze wrote:

Not concerned at all with preseason Fox. He's been taking about 7 threes per game, I expect maybe 3-4 during the regular season when he attack the basket more. He's coming off great production the bubble, four preseason games don't worry me in the slightest.

Well, im very concerned about -44 in four games, shot looking broke, and having no “imprint” on the games. It’s looked nothing remote to his new contract

Now, can he flip some switch because the games start to become official in less than a week?

I’d personally be wary but who knows.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by OGSactownballer » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:59 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Well, im very concerned about -44 in four games, shot looking broke, and having no “imprint” on the games. It’s looked nothing remote to his new contract

Now, can he flip some switch because the games start to become official in less than a week?

So be honest here.

So you really want him to go off at 1000% and get injured?

Or should he have just been working on some refinements or game tweaks, playing enough time to get to know the new guys and get into game shape and be ready to start the season?

I’m all about option B. It was preseason and ultimately holds zero meaning.
MarxyLebronist
Senior
And1: 330

Post#17 » by MarxyLebronist » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:12 pm

This is not a normal preseason and it holds immense meaning in terms of how together and motivated folks are for a 72 game season. And every game is actually more like 1.14 games' value in one way of looking at it (82/72). The Kings will struggle to get to double digit wins before March based upon Walton and the players' approach demonstrated thus far. Teams that didn't think ahead about how this season will go and thought "oh the early season is the preseason" are going to be way on the outside looking in by Valentine's Day. The lack of a plan and rotation gaps/commitments to guys like Holmes and others for playing time are troubling. But the previous post is right- teams are resting their big investments according to their plan now and into the season as well, and that seems 100% correct. The problem is the lack of a general plan or a general improvement of those big investments all together as the supposed core. Or, if the core is not the core according to the latest new team executives, there is another looming negative cloud to deal with. Not an energized, successful early season thus far and no time to recover in this shortened season. Hope to see some better smarts, heart, and urgency soon here.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#18 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:53 pm

MarxyLebronist wrote:This is not a normal preseason and it holds immense meaning in terms of how together and motivated folks are for a 72 game season. And every game is actually more like 1.14 games' value in one way of looking at it (82/72). The Kings will struggle to get to double digit wins before March based upon Walton and the players' approach demonstrated thus far. Teams that didn't think ahead about how this season will go and thought "oh the early season is the preseason" are going to be way on the outside looking in by Valentine's Day. The lack of a plan and rotation gaps/commitments to guys like Holmes and others for playing time are troubling. But the previous post is right- teams are resting their big investments according to their plan now and into the season as well, and that seems 100% correct. The problem is the lack of a general plan or a general improvement of those big investments all together as the supposed core. Or, if the core is not the core according to the latest new team executives, there is another looming negative cloud to deal with. Not an energized, successful early season thus far and no time to recover in this shortened season. Hope to see some better smarts, heart, and urgency soon here.

Okay I'm deleting your post. Let's chill with the Seattle talk.
Warning was issued and we are moving on.

-City
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#19 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:56 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:

So be honest here.

Or should he have just been working on some refinements or game tweaks, playing enough time to get to know the new guys and get into game shape and be ready to start the season?

Ya.. It literally means nothing. Pre-season is about trying some of your weaknesses you have been spending time on over the summer. Remember when WCS was taking mid-range jumpers and posting people up during the pre-season lol.

I'll be worried when we see this for 20 games in the season.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#20 » by BoogieTime » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:27 am

OGSactownballer wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:

So be honest here.

I mean Steph/Dame aren’t 100% excusing not competing while decisively outplaying him.

Competitors typically take the preseason personal to some degree too

I tend to consider it like a play rehearsal. Obviously players aren’t “going all out”, but it might give directional hints of what’s to come

We’ll see. Hopefully he is going half speed and is able to flip some switch

Return to Sacramento Kings