ImageImage

Giannis SIGNS

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Re: Giannis SIGNS 

Post#1061 » by emunney » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:14 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:It continues to be amusing how close we were the last two years and people still don't want to look at the second best player.

Giannis and Bud and Eric could've done the exact same things the past two years and we'd have one or two rings with a Beal level scorer. We don't lose four straight to the Raptors with a player of that caliber plus Giannis. We just don't.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

AHA! You admit he's the second best player.

Now you have to marry your mother in law.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1062 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:54 am

Shaffty wrote:
Read on Twitter

I believe every word.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#1063 » by HKPackFan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:05 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
Read on Twitter

I believe every word.

I saw the whole 20 minute video. It was beautiful. Every time he said he loved Milwaukee, he loved this city, I had to hold back a tear.

Love this guy so much.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#1064 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:33 am

HKPackFan wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
Read on Twitter

I believe every word.

I saw the whole 20 minute video. It was beautiful. Every time he said he loved Milwaukee, he loved this city, I had to hold back a tear.

Love this guy so much.

I know right? And I haven't even seen Milwaukee :lol:
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#1065 » by aboveAverage » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:18 am

SIMMIES wrote:
aboveAverage wrote:It’s beyond amazing that we have Giannis for the next five years. But we need to focus on improving the team. I don’t think we are quite there yet. We’re still missing a solid 3rd star/semi star. I’m not sure what moves we can make in the future because we basically went all in on this team. Do we basically need to get super lucky in the draft next season?

You don't think Jrue is a star/semi star?

I don’t know... I think it might be me already factoring in a drop in creativity due to Buds system, but I don’t see Jrue as this big scorer that we need. I see him as a great all around point guard, and an upgrade on Bledsoe.

Maybe it’s also because I don’t trust Brook. He’s getting older and slower and his three point shooting last year wasn’t what it was in 2018.

That nature of Giannis being a Shaq-like scorer necessitates more shooter and shot creators. I still feel like we’re short on those. It’ll be evident in the playoffs again. That’s why Bogdan would’ve been so useful.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,410

Post#1066 » by -Jragon- » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:20 am

To all the Bud being a bad playoff coach stuff

1. It helped Miami that they had dudes with the nuts to make every open 3 seemingly

2. It helped Miami that they could basically leave DDV, Bledsoe, Con, Hill etc and they didn't have the playoff nuts to make those shots Miami could build their wall without fear -- these are on Horst not getting those pressure shooters around Giannis

3. It helped Miami that refs gave them game 3 on that pussy ass foul call after the final buzzer on the MVP... we are looking at a 2-2 series as we won game 4 and Giannis not forcing **** which got him hurt - on the refs

4. It helped Miami that they were **** in 2019 and could draft Herro which IMO was was an X factor we couldn't answer - lucky circumstances

5. Here's what we can attribute to Bud perhaps: BLM bubble drama concerning George Hill + whoever and our apparent nonreadiness in the bubble. Considering this is the first NBA Black Lives Matter bubble experience ever it's hard to come down hard on him for that. I appreciate any feedback.

6. For this year I hope..... Kris returns to 3 point sniper first and creator 2nd, DDV takes a step as a pressure shooter or gets traded for one, Forbes takes a step and is a quicker triggered Malcom (if he's as useless defensively as Korver it won't help), Portis is an upgrade over Rolo/Ers, any rookie shooters step up, and obviously Jrue/Augustine have to be the upgrade we expect at PG. I think Bud will be fine if some of those happen because the Giannis wall will be rendered useless. Imagine switching shooters with Miami's from last year in the playoffs and a team trying to wall Giannis.
aboveAverage
RealGM

Post#1067 » by aboveAverage » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:24 am

jschligs wrote:
aboveAverage wrote:It’s beyond amazing that we have Giannis for the next five years. But we need to focus on improving the team. I don’t think we are quite there yet. We’re still missing a solid 3rd star/semi star. I’m not sure what moves we can make in the future because we basically went all in on this team. Do we basically need to get super lucky in the draft next season?

Do you not see Midds/Jrue as a 3rd semi-star? I think it’s easily Giannis #1, Midds and Jrue 2a and 2b.

I guess I don’t see Jrue as a shot creator and scorer. I see him more as a Swiss Army knife. Great defender, good ball handler, decent shooter. But maybe I’m way underestimating Jrue.

I think terms like #1, #2 and #3 are a bit misleading. The real question should be: are those players elite at the skills we need them to excel in? When Giannis is your centerpiece, you need elite shooters and scorers around him. Right now we have Middleton and that’s it. To win a championship, I think we need one more Middleton-like player. Someone who you can’t leave alone on defense and who can take over a game on offense. But I don’t see a way of getting that kind of player right now.

To be clear, I think we are definitely contenders and can make the finals if things go well. But I still feel like we are lacking a key player.
aboveAverage
RealGM

Post#1068 » by aboveAverage » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:27 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:
jschligs wrote:
Do you not see Midds/Jrue as a 3rd semi-star? I think it’s easily Giannis #1, Midds and Jrue 2a and 2b.

3a and 3b. We still need a number 2.

of the top 15 guys in the league whose your target?

Ideally Lillard or Beal, but we have no chance of getting them unless they demand a trade.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1069 » by DrWood » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:17 am

what would it take to convince some of you guys that Booker and Beal blow chunks if you want a winning basketball team?
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#1070 » by humanrefutation » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:32 am

Lillard is definitely my #1 target, and I don't think it's implausible that he'll eventually want out of Portland. But I don't think we'll have the assets to make a move for him unless someone younger takes an unexpected leap - Donte, Nwora, etc - and at that point, we might be good enough to win a title without him.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#1071 » by blazza18 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:43 am

DrWood wrote:what would it take to convince some of you guys that Booker and Beal blow chunks if you want a winning basketball team?

That isn’t fair to either player. Beal’s performed well on fairly decent Wizards teams and the Suns have only just started to turn things around because of the growth Booker has made.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
benultimate
Bench Warmer
And1: 856

Post#1072 » by benultimate » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 am

Kicking back right now on this glorious Friday evening sinking a few froffies in honour of the great man Giannis. Cheers fellas :beer:
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1073 » by WRau1 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:33 am

Sounds weird to say but I think DJA will be one of the bigger playoff contributors due to his catch and shoot 3 & his understanding of where to go with the ball. All we need is for Giannis to send it to him as soon as he sees the wall form and let DJA decide what to do. To a lesser extent, Holiday as well. I'm hoping Nwora and/or Merrill can eventually become pressure shooters, too.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#1074 » by HKPackFan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:43 am

benultimate wrote:Kicking back right now on this glorious Friday evening sinking a few froffies in honour of the great man Giannis. Cheers fellas :beer:

I'll be joining you soon! Cheers!
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#1075 » by HKPackFan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:45 am

WRau1 wrote:Sounds weird to say but I think DJA will be one of the bigger playoff contributors due to his catch and shoot 3 & his understanding of where to go with the ball. All we need is for Giannis to send it to him as soon as he sees the wall form and let DJA decide what to do. To a lesser extent, Holiday as well. I'm hoping Nwora and/or Merrill can eventually become pressure shooters, too.

I'm excited about at least one of them being contributors in the regular season and hopefully in the post season.

If one of them could do what we hoped korver could that would be fun.
#FreeChuckDiesel
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#1076 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:45 pm

aboveAverage wrote:
That nature of Giannis being a Shaq-like scorer necessitates more shooter and shot creators. I still feel like we’re short on those. It’ll be evident in the playoffs again. That’s why Bogdan would’ve been so useful.

When T.J. Ford was drafted, I remember talking with an NBA guy in Texas who was very familiar with his game. He said “the great thing about T.J. Ford, is that he makes his bigs play big”

That line really stuck with me. And for me that’s the key for Giannis breaking through. Bud has to allow Jrue and DJ to work the point and make Giannis play as a big. We just aren’t going to win a title with Giannis always bringing the ball up and initiating the offense against the wall.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#1077 » by Daver » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:46 pm

-Jragon- wrote:To all the Bud being a bad playoff coach stuff

1. It helped Miami that they had dudes with the nuts to make every open 3 seemingly

2. It helped Miami that they could basically leave DDV, Bledsoe, Con, Hill etc and they didn't have the playoff nuts to make those shots Miami could build their wall without fear -- these are on Horst not getting those pressure shooters around Giannis

3. It helped Miami that refs gave them game 3 on that pussy ass foul call after the final buzzer on the MVP... we are looking at a 2-2 series as we won game 4 and Giannis not forcing **** which got him hurt - on the refs

4. It helped Miami that they were **** in 2019 and could draft Herro which IMO was was an X factor we couldn't answer - lucky circumstances

5. Here's what we can attribute to Bud perhaps: BLM bubble drama concerning George Hill + whoever and our apparent nonreadiness in the bubble. Considering this is the first NBA Black Lives Matter bubble experience ever it's hard to come down hard on him for that. I appreciate any feedback.

6. For this year I hope..... Kris returns to 3 point sniper first and creator 2nd, DDV takes a step as a pressure shooter or gets traded for one, Forbes takes a step and is a quicker triggered Malcom (if he's as useless defensively as Korver it won't help), Portis is an upgrade over Rolo/Ers, any rookie shooters step up, and obviously Jrue/Augustine have to be the upgrade we expect at PG. I think Bud will be fine if some of those happen because the Giannis wall will be rendered useless. Imagine switching shooters with Miami's from last year in the playoffs and a team trying to wall Giannis.

Agree with some of these BUT #1 if bud was a great coach ge would have adjusted his D to at least cover some of those wide open 3s the geat players were taking.
You just saw it again in the first 2 dallas games leave shooters open all night most times they will hit 3s all night.
Damn its not rocket science to at least make a effort to cover shooters when they are stroking 3s all game.
Im a die hard bucks fan but game 3 never should of come down to thst assine BS call as i dont think midds was fouled on the play before shooting that 3 to me that was a BS call against the heat
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,006

Post#1078 » by BuckFan25226 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:58 pm

WRau1 wrote:Sounds weird to say but I think DJA will be one of the bigger playoff contributors due to his catch and shoot 3 & his understanding of where to go with the ball. All we need is for Giannis to send it to him as soon as he sees the wall form and let DJA decide what to do. To a lesser extent, Holiday as well. I'm hoping Nwora and/or Merrill can eventually become pressure shooters, too.

I agree. He also gets to wherever he wants on the court due to his ball handling and quickness, and he does it while being in control.

That was the major issue with Bledsoe, he could get to a spot, but before he got there he would be flying 3 feet in the air trying to find a teammate.

We've already seen in the preseason how good of a passer DJA is compared to Bledsoe.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
aboveAverage
RealGM

Post#1079 » by aboveAverage » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:06 pm

DJ Augustin may be the best pure point guard we’ve had on this team in a decade.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,220

Post#1080 » by Chapter29 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:21 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
jschligs wrote:
Out of curiosity, outside of the Lakers with LBJ and AD, are there any other teams with two players in tier 1 and 2?

He has it:

1A: Giannis, LeBron, Kawhi, Harden
1B: Durant, Curry
2A: Davis, Doncic, Jokic
2B: Lillard, Butler, Embiid
2C: Paul, Tatum, Geroge, Gobert
3A: Bam, Simmons, Murray, KAT, Holiday, Middleton, Walker, Lowry
3B: Beal, Booker, Mitchell, Irving, Green, Siakam
3C: Morant, Brown, Thompson, Porzingis, Westbrook, Young, Williamson

That gets you through the top 37.

So Lakers have two top 10 guys. Clippers have two top 16 guys. Bucks are only team with three top 24 players. Celtics have two top 24 players and three top 37 players.

Nice. Thanks.

Yeah, this is going to be interesting. The formula to win in the NBA has generally been via a superstar pairing or more. Can a team lacking 2 superstars win a championship? We have 3 guys as noted above in that all-star caliber range and of course 1 superstar.

Simply for me we have 1 #1 guy and 2 #3 guys. So IMO the Lakers have 2 Supermen. We have 1 Superman and 2 Robin's. The Celtics have 1 Batman and 2 Robins. :D

Of course team and depth matter, Lakers have us there too but I am ready to run with this exact team and let the chips fall where they may. We have a chance, especially now that any negative energy from this Giannis Supermax situation has turned to rejoicing and positive energy.

Oh and....Sorry in my eyes Harden is NOT a 1a btw. I mean seriously who wouldn't trade Harden for almost every player 2B and above and a couple lower. And no, I do not want him on the Bucks.

Super excited. lets get this thing going!
Giannis
is
UponUs

Return to Milwaukee Bucks