ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Re: Most probable starting lineup and rotation 

Post#21 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 8, 2020 7:31 pm

getrichordie wrote:
bbms wrote:
getrichordie wrote:I really don't understand why we are just boiling it down to Maledon v. Hill if we are starting another guy who has ball-handling/playmaking skills beside SGA. We have another really talented guard on the roster in Ty Jerome who can make a ton of passes, handle the ball, and isn't afraid to shoot it from deep. He's more ready than Maledon, I'd argue. Fun fact: Maledon had 2nd highest foul rate out of all draft prospects this year.

Looked like a reclamation project to me. I wouldn't expect much out of the former 22-year old rookie. I see a player that dribbles high and releases the ball low on jump shots.

I like his effort, patience on the PNR, and he doesn't seem to have tunnel vision. But from that to a positive NBA player... might be a stretch.

I also think SGA, Jerome, Maledon are such similar and redundant players, don't think they should be stacked with each other all that much.

How can someone be a reclamation project after playing only 328 minutes as a rookie? He was the 24th pick last year and got lost in a crowded guard rotation in Phoenix. That's just a strange, strange view to have on a guy who hasn't seen much run.

He doesn’t have the value of the 24th pick in this years draft. Getting lost in a crowded rotation on non playoff team hurt is value. Saying he’s a reclamation project isn’t the same as a lost cause but his value is definitely lower than what it was when he was drafted.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#22 » by a-French-Fan » Wed Dec 9, 2020 8:51 am

jambalaya wrote:If they only care about the future (and tanking), then go young:

Maledon / SGA / Jackson or Dort or Pokusevski / Bazley / Brown or Leaf

I disagree, Poku is not NBA ready. He played for Olympiakos B in greek second division last year, not with the Olympiakos A in Euroleague. He is a wonderful prospect, but I'm really scared to see him facing real NBA athletic players ... The step is very high.
About Malédon, the question is different: has he personnaly improved last 9 months? He is better than Ntilikina when he arrived in big Apple, but he is not TP9, don't forget it.
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#23 » by getrichordie » Wed Dec 9, 2020 1:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=20
[twitter] @thunderdustin
timO
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,400

Post#24 » by timO » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:13 pm

Hill-Maledon
SGA-Jackson
Dort -Diallo
Bazley- Poku
Horford-Muscala

if we play against poor teams like NY cavs etc we need JJ and Roby be starters
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#25 » by spearsy23 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:46 pm

I'm all in on Theo as a starter. It also means you can run a vet with the god awful bench group and try to keep some semblance of order on the court.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#26 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:14 pm

spearsy23 wrote:I'm all in on Theo as a starter. It also means you can run a vet with the god awful bench group and try to keep some semblance of order on the court.

I agree. It seemed like a lot of his ability was lost putting him with scrubs.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
itzmrgigglez
Junior
And1: 107

Post#27 » by itzmrgigglez » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:04 am

Dort is too small to play the 3 effectively all game and all season
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#28 » by spearsy23 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:09 pm

itzmrgigglez wrote:Dort is too small to play the 3 effectively all game and all season

Too small to what end? He's built like a tank. Obviously the Durants/gallinaris of the world will torch him, but there are only so manyof those. And it isn't like it really matters anyway.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,606

Post#29 » by Clav » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:07 am

Hill - Maledon, Jerome
Gilgeous-Alexander - F. Jackson
Dort - Ariza, Diallo, Roby
Bazley - J. Jackson, Pokusevski
Horford - Muscala

This team will have be competitive but probably prone to mistakes and stretches of missed shots. I see rebounding as an issue and team defense too.

Only 4 players I trust to really initiate (Hill, Maledon, SGA, Horford) and the rest will have to find ways to contribute off ball. OKC has solid vets to generate offense (possible Ariza/Hill trades pending) but what lineup can match offense and defense if the other team gets on a roll... could be dicey?

Should be a fun year though, I think the team will play hard and win some surprising games. SGA is of course the key as he will be the operating floor general, shooting spacer, likely guarding 2nd best wing player, and creator in clutch time. Can he and Horford play two-man PnR on both sides of the ball ? I think their styles match really well.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder