Unexpectedly drafted Giannis at #6 - What Catagories should I focus on?

Fantasy Ball talk.

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky

CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Unexpectedly drafted Giannis at #6 - What Catagories should I focus on? 

Post#1 » by CableKC » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:13 pm

I play in a 10 Team H2H 9 Category League.

I was planning on drafting either KAT ( unlikely ) or ( expecting ) Jokic at #6. I ended up getting Giannis after both were off the board ( which I was not prepared for ).

As the draft went on, I drafted a Team that focuses a lot on FG%, REB, BLK and Steals ( where I am top 1 and 2 in most of those categories ).

I will have to make some moves to try to improve on any other stat in order to win 5 or 6 categories.

I've read that the only stat that you don't focus on is FT if you draft Giannis. Everything else is pretty much fair game.

For those that Giannis, what are the categories that you usually focus on?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
- In 2024, you are not voting for a "Democrat" or "Republican". You are voting for the Party that will defend Democracy and protect the most vulnerable among us.

#THE_GOP_IS_DEAD
#IT_IS_THE_PARTY_OF_TRUMP_NOW
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Re: Unexpectedly drafted Giannis at #6 - What Catagories should I focus on? 

Post#2 » by Pointgod » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:24 am

CableKC wrote:I play in a 10 Team H2H 9 Category League.

I was planning on drafting either KAT ( unlikely ) or ( expecting ) Jokic at #6. I ended up getting Giannis after both were off the board ( which I was not prepared for ).

As the draft went on, I drafted a Team that focuses a lot on FG%, REB, BLK and Steals ( where I am top 1 and 2 in most of those categories ).

I will have to make some moves to try to improve on any other stat in order to win 5 or 6 categories.

I've read that the only stat that you don't focus on is FT if you draft Giannis. Everything else is pretty much fair game.

For those that Giannis, what are the categories that you usually focus on?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I drafted Giannis in one of my leagues and I tried to do the opposite of tanking free throws. He’s actually the only sub 70% free throw shooter on my team. The great thing about Giannis is that he gives you everything except free throws. Here’s my team:

Giannis
Donovan Mitchell
Nikola Vucevic
Christian Wood
Dejounte Murray
Colby White
Andrew Wiggins
Blake Griffin
Bojan Bogdanovic
Lamelo Ball
Demarcus Cousins
Darius Bazely
Deandre Hunter

I tried to balance out Giannis with bigs that will hit 3’s, have high FT% and will get a block a game. The guards will all hit the 3, and hit a solid FT%. I’ve played enough fantasy basketball to know what FG% and FT% are unpredictable but I feel like my team is on neither extreme. The only areas I’m concerned are 3’s and assists but I’m hoping that having 3 bigs that net me 3+ assists will help me out there.

Return to Fantasy Basketball