We’re Being Investigated?

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

We’re Being Investigated? 

Post#1 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:17 pm

Lolwut
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,699

Re: We’re Being Investigated? 

Post#2 » by KL2 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:45 pm

Jerry West said he didn’t even know he was being sued and that he did nothing improper in the signing of Leonard.

The NBA investigated Leonard’s uncle last year regarding the stuff he requested from the Raptors and Lakers during negotiations. I assume we haven’t heard anything since then he was cleared of any wrong doing.

I can’t imagine the Clippers or West were dumb enough to have any paper trail or recordings of anything illegal. I’ll be interested in seeing what this guy has as evidence because you don’t go after someone like West with he said/he said or secret handshake stuff.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#3 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:49 pm

So when is the NBA investigating Klutch Sports and the Lakers?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,141

Post#4 » by og15 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:59 pm

Well, there are allegations, investigating is the right thing to do. Investigating will reveal details, it only gets interesting if anything comes out of the investigation.
pmanzano
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#5 » by pmanzano » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:10 am

The NBA investigated Leonard’s uncle last year regarding the stuff he requested from the Raptors and Lakers during negotiations. I assume we haven’t heard anything since then he was cleared of any wrong doing.

Haha -- those allegations were wiiiild. Hoping none of that came up with LAC. :lol:
Find me on Twitter (@philipMANZANO) and Halftime (https://halftime.app.link/follow)! :)
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#6 » by donemilio21 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:40 am

so far I'm not able to find who the **** Johnny WIlkes is, what he does, and what his connection to Kawhi is.
KL2
Analyst

Post#7 » by KL2 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:30 am

Read on Twitter
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#8 » by TheNewEra » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:43 am

At this point I don’t even care it’s been to much going on let’s start the season
KL2
Analyst

Post#9 » by KL2 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:44 pm

That voicemail is more embarrassing than illegal. Unless he has other voicemails (or other evidence) with incriminating stuff this wouldn’t warrant any penalty.

That man really said the Lakers were a bleep show. That’s going to come back to bite him.
James2000
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#10 » by James2000 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:16 pm

To be honest with you, unless there is actual physical evidence such as a sign agreement such as contract or something like that along the lines, there is no case. The recording just mentioned his appreciation and calling going to the Lakers is an bleep.... however, unless he has visual proof such as a document, or even a recording that mentioned that he is going to pay him, then this case doesn't have any merit to render judgment to the guy that is suing Jerry west.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,218

Post#11 » by Clemenza » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:28 pm

These latest investigation seem like horsesh*t but I do know this though, Kawhi has to get us at least to the WCF. Tired of everybody piling on PG all the f*cking time. Kawhi better step up and deliver because there's been too much drama swirling around dude ever since he's gotten here. Lets Go!
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#12 » by TucsonClip » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:30 pm

July 1 was the alleged date of the VM. Put that into the Kawhi and PG timeline and see where it comes out... GTFO.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 916

Post#13 » by NickP » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:54 pm

Lol that West is leaving VMs. GTFOH!
James2000
Sophomore

Post#14 » by James2000 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:17 pm

TucsonClip wrote:July 1 was the alleged date of the VM. Put that into the Kawhi and PG timeline and see where it comes out... GTFO.

See here is the issue. Have you heard from the voicemail that Jerry west told that guy he is going to pay the 2.5 million? This won't stand up in court I believe because of the fact that this is he say moment. In addition, the judge is going to asked if he got evidence that specifics states that jerry west is going to do that besides this voicemail? If he doesn't, then this case is not going to go far. A verbal agreement is not binding. It requires either a document stating what points are valid.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,435

Post#15 » by KL78192020 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:57 pm

James2000 wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:July 1 was the alleged date of the VM. Put that into the Kawhi and PG timeline and see where it comes out... GTFO.

See here is the issue. Have you heard from the voicemail that Jerry west told that guy he is going to pay the 2.5 million? This won't stand up in court I believe because of the fact that this is he say moment. In addition, the judge is going to asked if he got evidence that specifics states that jerry west is going to do that besides this voicemail? If he doesn't, then this case is not going to go far. A verbal agreement is not binding. It requires either a document stating what points are valid.

What if the voicemail isn't the only thing he has? Maybe its the first thing leaked
James2000
Sophomore

Post#16 » by James2000 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:33 am

KL78192020 wrote:
James2000 wrote:

What if the voicemail isn't the only thing he has? Maybe its the first thing leaked

Then he got to presented in court through discovery. If by chance he doesn't have any more evidence than just that voicemail, then he is not going to get that 2.5 Million. Non binding agreements are not going to hold up in court
lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#17 » by lautreamont » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:02 am

donemilio21 wrote:so far I'm not able to find who the **** Johnny WIlkes is, what he does, and what his connection to Kawhi is.

He's a close friend (best friend?) of Kawhi's Uncle Dennis.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,404

Post#18 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:51 pm

It’s hard for me to believe that the clippers would be so dumb to agree to payoff this guy and kawhi’s uncle considering how this blatantly violates league rules.

However, let’s say for the sake of argument that they did. What would be the punishment? On the GB, some people are saying kawhi’s contract would be voided. Do you guys think it would really come to that?
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#19 » by TucsonClip » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:57 pm

KL78192020 wrote:
James2000 wrote:

One thing I've learned is people like West don't get to the place he is in life/career by not being able to cover their bases. For the Clippers to come out so strongly against this means they have to either know what he has or they know exactly what went down.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,089

Post#20 » by Wammy Giveaway » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:38 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:However, let’s say for the sake of argument that they did. What would be the punishment? On the GB, some people are saying kawhi’s contract would be voided. Do you guys think it would really come to that?

Only if Wilkes wins his case. He would have to prove that the tampering was so egregious that it ruined the concept of fair competition, but the Clippers did not do that. In fact, Leonard to the Clippers made a case for league parity, not a single team having three superstars or more on the roster like how Golden State did.

West smearing the Lakers was in reference to the six years they missed the playoffs. He would have to had to go out of his way to really hate the Lakers, such as maliciously rigging Lakers games in the Clipper's favor. However, blaspheming the purple and gold is still a smoking gun: 1) the Lakers were ultimately responsible for putting the NBA on the map in its early years and 2) they saved the NBA from bankruptcy with the drafting of Magic Johnson and their renewed rivalry with Celtics. Despite all the bad things the Lakers went through over the past 7 years, the NBA still feels indebted to them in some way. That may be why the Clippers may get away with just a fine.

What I am worried about is whether the Clippers could be the NBA's punishment sandbox. Could the league pull an NCAA and do some sort of death penalty, I don't know and I do not think so. The only thing the Clippers can do, given their losing history, is to be prepared for anything. The strangest things have always happened to them, usually for the worst, but it's how they respond to the adversity will that determine their true character in the midst of chaos.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers