2020-21 Oklahoma City Thunder Preseason Game Thread | December 12 - December 18

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Re: 2020-21 Oklahoma City Thunder Preseason Game Thread | December 12 - December 18 

Post#121 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:59 am

Mickey8 wrote:He's still looks lost on the court a lot , also his dribble is very high and its easy for the opposing guards to pick the ball out of his hands. But much better showing than in the past two games.

It’s way too high. It was almost up around his head when he brought it up court. He does a decent job at using his body and length to protect the ball and seems to be fairly aware of his surroundings on offense.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,113

Re: 2020-21 Oklahoma City Thunder Preseason Game Thread | December 12 - December 18 

Post#122 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:39 am

I really want SGA to be more aggressive. This is the year where I don't mind he making tons of mistakes but he's way too passive to me.

On the other hand Bazley is trying to dribble and making moves, I love that. He made tons of mistakes but he's scareless and trying.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#123 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:48 am

Dadouv47 wrote:I really want SGA to be more aggressive. This is the year where I don't mind he making tons of mistakes but he's way too passive to me.

On the other hand Bazley is trying to dribble and making moves, I love that. He made tons of mistakes but he's scareless and trying.

Really? Shai has been very aggressive from what I’ve seen. He leads the team in fg attemprs tonight and most of them have been him attacking the basket. He also leads the team in assists.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#124 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:49 am

I wasn't a big fan of the Horford trade and I don't think he's a leader (like CP3) but Bazley could learn a lot from him (maybe Poku as well)
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#125 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:00 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:I really want SGA to be more aggressive. This is the year where I don't mind he making tons of mistakes but he's way too passive to me.

Really? Shai has been very aggressive from what I’ve seen. He leads the team in fg attemprs tonight and most of them have been him attacking the basket. He also leads the team in assists.

I know stats are fine but I want him to attack more...feel like he has some trouble to really make the difference like other young great prospect can. Want to see him making the difference against good defense.
I still love him and hope he can be an all star kind of player but just feel something is missing right now.

Theo not available tonight? Poku is fun to watch...didn't like the pick and odds of being a bust are still very high but he made some nice moves and he makes me laugh :)
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#126 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:19 am

Kind of glad they didn’t give poku the last shot even though it would have been fun to see. We don’t need to treat him like a star until he’s earned it. Overall he made some nice progress in three games. Defense is probably a lost cause this year but offensively he’s got some potential.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#127 » by Old Man Game » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:35 am

We've got a lot of players that just have unattractive games if that makes sense. I like Poku and Maledon may literally be the only dudes that get me through this season. If either one gets injured, well, it's going to be rough. Maybe Baz can take a leap and be fun or something.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#128 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:45 am

Old Man Game wrote:We've got a lot of players that just have unattractive games if that makes sense. I like Poku and Maledon may literally be the only dudes that get me through this season. If either one gets injured, well, it's going to be rough. Maybe Baz can take a leap and be fun or something.

Yeah no great young player outside of SGA but still some guys that are worth watching their development...Bazley/Maledon/Poku may be fun to watch. Still some hope that Dort can develop into a decent/good role player.

We went from Burton and Nader to Roby and Justin Jackson as tank commanders.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#129 » by Old Man Game » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:02 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:We've got a lot of players that just have unattractive games if that makes sense. I like Poku and Maledon may literally be the only dudes that get me through this season. If either one gets injured, well, it's going to be rough. Maybe Baz can take a leap and be fun or something.

Yeah no great young player outside of SGA but still some guys that are worth watching their development...Bazley/Maledon/Poku may be fun to watch. Still some hope that Dort can develop into a decent/good role player.

We went from Burton and Nader to Roby and Justin Jackson as tank commanders.
Justin Jackson really amazing tank rating. Any player that's traded twice while on a Rookie deal tells you all you need to know.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#130 » by Old Man Game » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:14 am

This may be unfair to put on an 18 year old, but that said, I feel like Poku's motor could be better. Sort of passive, especially in defensive and rebounding situations. Hopefully that improves with his strength.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#131 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:36 am

Read on Twitter

We need a TJ Leaf appreciation thread after his game tonight
bbms
Analyst
And1: 531

Post#132 » by bbms » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:18 am

Old Man Game wrote:This may be unfair to put on an 18 year old, but that said, I feel like Poku's motor could be better. Sort of passive, especially in defensive and rebounding situations. Hopefully that improves with his strength.

TBH I felt the opposite. I think he's trying to do too much.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:25 am

I can’t say too much negative about his rebounding. He had 13 of them. Defensively I just think he’s lost. Yes, he’s gets blown by as a defender but I don’t think all of it is due to lack of athleticism and motor. Getting better at anticipating what guys will do and learning how to move his feet will help him be passable on defense if he puts in the work,

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder