Cavs 2020-21 season

Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,081

Re: Cavs 2020-21 season 

Post#61 » by jbk1234 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:18 pm

Stillwater wrote:KLove is now listed out tonight Sexton remains listed out, Cedi and Delly are Questionable KPJ is still mia etc.
gonna be a true preseason line up tonight
I really want to see some of Stevens maybe if Cedi is out he'll get some run.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#62 » by jbk1234 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#63 » by Stillwater » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:35 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

makes sense for Dotson to get the start after Sat. he definitely has improved his pull up game.
But with so many out I think Stevens needs to get some minutes today
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by jbk1234 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:03 pm

So some of you asked about updates on Sinclair negotiating with Youtube and or Hulu and I came across this article
https://awfulannouncing.com/sinclair/sinclair-4-billion-writedown-rsns.html
cbosh4mvp wrote:
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#65 » by gflem » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:47 am

ESPN reporting that charges against KPJ have been dropped. That's a good sign. Now hopefully he can get on the court and build on last season.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#66 » by Stillwater » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:55 pm

gflem wrote:ESPN reporting that charges against KPJ have been dropped. That's a good sign. Now hopefully he can get on the court and build on last season.

This entire country needs some serious police overhauling. trampling this mans name and they got nothing but guessing . I know a few that they say the same thing. their procedures are outdated or to easy to manipulate to get an arrest etc.
KPJ is back
gflem
Analyst

Post#67 » by gflem » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:37 pm

Stillwater wrote:
gflem wrote:ESPN reporting that charges against KPJ have been dropped. That's a good sign. Now hopefully he can get on the court and build on last season.

This entire country needs some serious police overhauling. trampling this mans name and they got nothing but guessing . I know a few that they say the same thing. their procedures are outdated or to easy to manipulate to get an arrest etc.
KPJ is back

How did the cops trample his name? He rolled his car, had a loaded firearm without a permit and weed they chose not to test. That is factual.
Now the alleged assault is another thing. If what happened between his sister and the woman or women that she fought with and how or why he became involved "allegedly" is just a story that nobody really knows about. I may have missed something but I haven't seen much said or written about it one way or another. Other than the team saying they were waiting to see how things turned out I haven't seen or heard any trampling of his reputation.
Turning what I posted into a conversation about the police or their "tactics" isn't what I had in mind. Sorry if you misinterpreted that.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#68 » by Stillwater » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:46 pm

gflem wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

KPJ is back

How did the cops trample his name? He rolled his car, had a loaded firearm without a permit and weed they chose not to test. That is factual.
Now the alleged assault is another thing. If what happened between his sister and the woman or women that she fought with and how or why he became involved "allegedly" is just a story that nobody really knows about. I may have missed something but I haven't seen much said or written about it one way or another. Other than the team saying they were waiting to see how things turned out I haven't seen or heard any trampling of his reputation.
Turning what I posted into a conversation about the police or their "tactics" isn't what I had in mind. Sorry if you misinterpreted that.

Im not sure why your poking ge bear on this because what i said has nothing todo with you texting on here something reported by espn via windy.
They trampled his name by arresting him for not having the fn permit on him you can hear mr popo say thats a felony so your under arrest etc.
Its not the cops fault himself its the system that allows him to as a rule play judge and jury when the public isnt in compliance with rules put in place that are made by narcissist control freaks.
Im done.
Oh and if you have never been falsely accused based on racial profiling i wouldn't expect you to get it. A white kid unless hes poor white trash with priors would not have gotten arrested in this country for the same thing.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#69 » by Stillwater » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:37 pm

Depending on who they retain there are a couple udfa and potential reclamation projects recently waived by clippers rockets and other orgs that want to win now.
Sev names might be worth fliers travlin queen , breein tyree, kenny wooten, admiral schofield, zhaire smith,louis king etc
gflem
Analyst

Post#70 » by gflem » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:53 pm

Stillwater wrote:
gflem wrote:
Stillwater wrote:This entire country needs some serious police overhauling. trampling this mans name and they got nothing but guessing . I know a few that they say the same thing. their procedures are outdated or to easy to manipulate to get an arrest etc.
KPJ is back

Im not sure why your poking ge bear on this because what i said has nothing todo with you texting on here something reported by espn via windy.
They trampled his name by arresting him for not having the fn permit on him you can hear mr popo say thats a felony so your under arrest etc.
Its not the cops fault himself its the system that allows him to as a rule play judge and jury when the public isnt in compliance with rules put in place that are made by narcissist control freaks.
Im done.
Oh and if you have never been falsely accused based on racial profiling i wouldn't expect you to get it. A white kid unless hes poor white trash with priors would not have gotten arrested in this country for the same thing.

So much wrong with this. As usual you speak in absolutes about something you can't possibly know.
To the bolded parts you assume what "mr popo" says, and the cop wasn't playing judge and jury here, he is just doing his job, the judge and jury actually get to play judge and jury if it goes to trial. Which it didn't probably due to some type of plea bargain.
And I love how you are sure that only "white trash" white people would have gotten arrested in this case. Do you even realize you are judging people by the color of their skin here? I choose to go through life not seeing the world and other people through the prism of skin color, but I also realize that there are and always will be people who do. It isn't right, and anybody not clouded with hate knows it. However, when people go around lecturing others that they know nothing about it certainly doesn't help with the problems we have in this country and all over the world for that matter in regard to race relations. But I guess based on your response I shouldn't "expect you to get it" either, right?
You can have the last say here, as I said earlier I wasn't looking for a debate on anything related to the worlds problems as you or anyone else sees them, I just commented that KPJ wasn't being charged and should be able to get back on the court.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by jbk1234 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:15 pm

Stillwater wrote:
gflem wrote:
Stillwater wrote:This entire country needs some serious police overhauling. trampling this mans name and they got nothing but guessing . I know a few that they say the same thing. their procedures are outdated or to easy to manipulate to get an arrest etc.
KPJ is back

Im done.
This is really inappropriate Stillwater. There are a million places on the internet where you can debate social issues and personally attack the people you're debating. This isn't one of them.

If you need a timeout, that can be arranged.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#72 » by Stillwater » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is available
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:51 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
cbosh4mvp wrote:
vtime
Rookie
And1: 245

Post#74 » by vtime » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:49 am

gflem wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
gflem wrote:How did the cops trample his name? He rolled his car, had a loaded firearm without a permit and weed they chose not to test. That is factual.

Im done.

So much wrong with this. As usual you speak in absolutes about something you can't possibly know.
To the bolded parts you assume what "mr popo" says, and the cop wasn't playing judge and jury here, he is just doing his job, the judge and jury actually get to play judge and jury if it goes to trial. Which it didn't probably due to some type of plea bargain.
And I love how you are sure that only "white trash" white people would have gotten arrested in this case. Do you even realize you are judging people by the color of their skin here? I choose to go through life not seeing the world and other people through the prism of skin color, but I also realize that there are and always will be people who do. It isn't right, and anybody not clouded with hate knows it. However, when people go around lecturing others that they know nothing about it certainly doesn't help with the problems we have in this country and all over the world for that matter in regard to race relations. But I guess based on your response I shouldn't "expect you to get it" either, right?
You can have the last say here, as I said earlier I wasn't looking for a debate on anything related to the worlds problems as you or anyone else sees them, I just commented that KPJ wasn't being charged and should be able to get back on the court.

There’s no plea bargain. It’s not illegal to roll your car, the gun was in his mom’s name and she left it in the car. Marijuana legalization is being decriminalized, almost universally, landslide victories last month. If he did hit a female he should be prosecuted. But as of now, there’s nothing.
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#75 » by afarmenian » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:33 pm

vtime wrote:
gflem wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Im not sure why your poking ge bear on this because what i said has nothing todo with you texting on here something reported by espn via windy.
Im done.

There’s no plea bargain. It’s not illegal to roll your car, the gun was in his mom’s name and she left it in the car. Marijuana legalization is being decriminalized, almost universally, landslide victories last month. If he did hit a female he should be prosecuted. But as of now, there’s nothing.

That's true there probably won't be anything to come of it. Too bad because Porter needs a wakeup call because he is on track to be the Josh Gordon of the NBA with all these issues.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#76 » by Stillwater » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:42 pm

I think KPJ is getting too much hate lately given this entire situation. Nobody knows exactly what is going on with him but he has had a rough upbringing which tbh I can relate too so I am empathetic and possibly more forgiving as a result...But imo what we know that has happened in addition to what has been speculated is still little of any consequence as it pertains to playing basketball in the NBA. However if he is in fact on suicide watch and has those types of mental and emotional red flags example flipped the car on purpose or something( just a speculation that is unlikely but not impossible) then my only care is that he gets the help he needs whether or not he ever steps foot onto an NBA court again.
I dont agree he is a josh gordon type, there are a ton of NBA athletes from the west coast where its legal that utilize the gonja or have and it isnt a major issue if anything might be the best medicine
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by jbk1234 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:26 pm

I hope everything works out for KPJ both on the court and off. I don't know how serious his issues are. I hope someone is able to get through to him that this could be a once in lifetime opportunity for him to be financially secure doing something he clearly loves to do. You can see it when he's on the court.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,368

Post#78 » by JonFromVA » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:39 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I hope everything works out for KPJ both on the court and off. I don't know how serious his issues are. I hope someone is able to get through to him that this could be a once in lifetime opportunity for him to be financially secure doing something he clearly loves to do. You can see it when he's on the court.

Athletes are well protected, so all we'll get our the hints that make it out to the public; but it sounds like a Kareem Hunt situation more than Josh Gordon where if he's supported and can stay focused on (distracted by) basketball he may be fine; and if not - he will be on his way out of the league.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by jbk1234 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:52 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,368

Post#80 » by JonFromVA » Fri Jan 1, 2021 11:35 pm

Darius Garland is currently averaging 19 & 7 after 5 games. I'm not saying that's going to hold up (shooting 51.7% on 3's seems unsustainable for instance), but if it did I *think* he'd be joining some very select company for players 21 and under.

Pretty much just him and Trae Young who averaged 29 & 9 last year?

Apparently basketball-reference has split off their season finder tools to something call "Stathead" and I'm not sure it's showing everything without paying the subscription fee. Too bad.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers