James Bouknight

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,217

James Bouknight 

Post#1 » by EvanZ » Sun Mar 1, 2020 5:26 am

Surprised he doesn't have a thread already (but I guess I'm the one who starts a lot of these on "future guys"). Anyhoo Bouknight has been on my radar for a couple months now. Probably doesn't go this year, but look out.

Read on Twitter
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: James Bouknight 

Post#2 » by GimmeDat » Sun Mar 1, 2020 6:00 am

Haven't heard of him before your post.

My impression from that clip - this guy is athletic AF. Looks very skinny though, might need a year or two in the weight room.

My impression from his freshman stats - promising shooting numbers, actually been quite efficient. TO's and fouls a bit high but overall he's been pretty productive.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#3 » by EvanZ » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:39 am

Bump
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#4 » by doordoor123 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:34 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Haven't heard of him before your post.

My impression from that clip - this guy is athletic AF. Looks very skinny though, might need a year or two in the weight room.

My impression from his freshman stats - promising shooting numbers, actually been quite efficient. TO's and fouls a bit high but overall he's been pretty productive.

He looks really good this year. Don’t think he needs another year. I think he needs a few more games of being consistent. He’ll enter the draft this year if he keeps it up. I think you’re only going to see him get better throughout the season. The tools and the feel he has is great. Plus he is super twitchy. He has elite tools teams look for and is already showing off some advanced moves.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#5 » by GimmeDat » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:37 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Haven't heard of him before your post.

He looks really good this year. Don’t think he needs another year. I think he needs a few more games of being consistent. He’ll enter the draft this year if he keeps it up. I think you’re only going to see him get better throughout the season. The tools and the feel he has is great. Plus he is super twitchy. He has elite tools teams look for and is already showing off some advanced moves.

Yep I think you're right, been very impressed so far. Early days but seems like a potential 1st rounder this year.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#6 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:05 pm

...and now he's #10 on ESPN's list. LOL

I never get those ****. Like how do you jump on a guy that much with like 3 games into his sophomore season. Either you **** up originally or just have a **** process.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,271

Post#7 » by babyjax13 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:53 pm

I think I have him over Moody and Christopher from what I've seen, but I'm not sure - those three are all really close to me.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#8 » by Marcus » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:27 am

Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,484

Post#9 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:03 am

Jesus Christ, he looks incredible.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
crows2
Senior
And1: 557

Post#10 » by crows2 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:23 am

EvanZ wrote:Surprised he doesn't have a thread already (but I guess I'm the one who starts a lot of these on "future guys"). Anyhoo Bouknight has been on my radar for a couple months now. Probably doesn't go this year, but look out.

Read on Twitter

Credit to you for identifying him before the mainstream media. You’d think he’ll be a big name after today if we wasn’t already.
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,488

Post#11 » by Kalela » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:28 am

He had two players on him most of the game and still scored 40 points.
Fire Mazzulla
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,577

Post#12 » by MemphisX » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:52 am

This dude had a layup I was sure he was going to dunk it. Very explosive. Functionally explosive.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,367

Post#13 » by baldur » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:45 pm

this guy's being mocked at around late lottery-mid 1st indicates how fantastic this draft would be.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#14 » by clyde21 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:01 pm

baldur wrote:this guy's being mocked at around late lottery-mid 1st indicates how fantastic this draft would be.

he'll be mocked in the 8-14 region soon
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#15 » by EvanZ » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:23 pm

ESPN already has him 10.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#16 » by Marcus » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:06 am

Is the Monta Ellis comp accurate?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#17 » by No-Man » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:21 am

Marcus wrote:Is the Monta Ellis comp accurate?

much better shooter and I think they are different athletes, Ellis was ridiculous, I don't think Bouknight is an on ball player at all, he has shown enough on D/passing to be a good off-ball starter probably though, although he is prob never going to be that strong and is old for a sopho

He seems like a prototype classic 2Guard, just not an on-ball elite level type, but still useful
NYCbeadyrae
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#18 » by NYCbeadyrae » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:22 am

So I’ve watched a ton of tape going all the way back to his sophomore high school year at La Salle, single handedly leading them to a state championship. I think he’s the best guard in the draft. A primary scoring option for an NBA team. I just can’t find a flaw, his game will translate extremely well. I’d just like to see him play a little more because he did have a significant knee injury late in high school.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,577

Post#19 » by MemphisX » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:54 am

NYCbeadyrae wrote:So I’ve watched a ton of tape going all the way back to his sophomore high school year at La Salle, single handedly leading them to a state championship. I think he’s the best guard in the draft. A primary scoring option for an NBA team. I just can’t find a flaw, his game will translate extremely well. I’d just like to see him play a little more because he did have a significant knee injury late in high school.

The flaw is his size. He is a little on the small size to be a primary on the wing.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
NYCbeadyrae
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#20 » by NYCbeadyrae » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:20 am

MemphisX wrote:
NYCbeadyrae wrote:So I’ve watched a ton of tape going all the way back to his sophomore high school year at La Salle, single handedly leading them to a state championship. I think he’s the best guard in the draft. A primary scoring option for an NBA team. I just can’t find a flaw, his game will translate extremely well. I’d just like to see him play a little more because he did have a significant knee injury late in high school.

The flaw is his size. He is a little on the small size to be a primary on the wing.

UConn is using him on the ball this year, in a go and create role, and he’s looked better than he did last year off the ball. Measured at 6’5 with a 6’9 wing. That’s NBA 2 guard size, and ++size for an on ball guard. Fluid and quick enough to guard NBA point guards for sure.

Return to NBA Draft