ImageImageImageImage

Magic/Bally Sports APP: $19.99/month/ League Pass $14.99+

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Magic/Bally Sports APP: $19.99/month/ League Pass $14.99+ 

Post#1 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:09 pm

Fox Sports Florida has been removed from YouTube TV, and I heard other streaming services due to a contract dispute. Anyone heard anything recently about this? I haven't and the season is just around the corner.
aka: prorl
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Re: Fox Sports Florida Blackout- Updates? 

Post#2 » by Driguez » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:43 pm

I think this happened a month or two ago right? Idk it may be a while then. Usually these issues get resolved quickly, someone is playing hardball.
"We all we got"- SVG
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#3 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:45 pm

Driguez wrote:I think this happened a month or two ago right? Idk it may be a while then. Usually these issues get resolved quickly, someone is playing hardball.

It was around August, I know we were already eliminated from the playoffs. Its been a few months now and nothing.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#4 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:03 pm

A number of Fox regional sports networks (RSNs) will no longer be available for YouTube TV subscribers beginning October 1st, the company announced.

The move comes after YouTube and Fox first spoke publicly about Fox channels leaving YouTube TV in February, but the two companies came to an agreement to carry the rest of the MLB, NBA, and NHL seasons through 2020. As the NBA and NHL’s seasons come to an end, and with the MLB set to finish around the end of October, Fox and YouTube’s agreement is also being severed.

“To bring you 85+ channels, we periodically renegotiate contracts with content owners,” the official YouTube TV Twitter account tweeted. “Starting October 1, 2020, FOX RSNs will no longer be available on YouTube TV. Members that are impacted will no longer have access to Library recordings from the FOX RSNs.”

Approximately 19 channels will be impacted. According to Variety, they include Fox Sports Arizona, Fox Sports Carolinas, Fox Sports Detroit, Fox Sports Florida, Fox Sports Indiana, Fox Sports Kansas City, Fox Sports Midwest, Fox Sports New Orleans, Fox Sports North, Fox Sports Ohio, Fox Sportstime Ohio, Fox Sports Oklahoma, Fox Sports Prime Ticket (Los Angeles), Fox Sports San Diego, Fox Sports South, Fox Sports Southeast, Fox Sports Southwest, Fox Sports Sun, Fox Sports Tennessee, and Fox Sports Wisconsin.

The goal is to get them back on YouTube TV, though. Barry Faber, Sinclair’s president of distribution and network relations, told Variety that Sinclair (which owns the RSNs) continues to have discussions with YouTube “in an effort to find a mutually acceptable path to returning the RSNs to YouTube TV.”

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/30/21495642/youtube-tv-fox-regional-sports-networks-streaming-sinclair-mlb-nhl-nba
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Re: Fox Sports Florida- Youtube TV-HULU Blackout- Updates 

Post#5 » by thelead » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:42 pm

These mega-corporations are so greedy. I'm likely going to go with a gray market streaming service that won't be lining their pockets.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 578

Post#6 » by MasterGMer » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:35 am

The season starts in a week. I guess I won't be able to watch the game this season
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#7 » by basketballRob » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:47 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:Fox Sports Florida has been removed from YouTube TV, and I heard other streaming services due to a contract dispute. Anyone heard anything recently about this? I haven't and the season is just around the corner.
YouTube has all the games for free right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#8 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:05 am

Man, if anyone wants to find a link of how to stream, I'll gladly do my best to stream for those who want it.

I have spectrum.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#9 » by basketballRob » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:14 am

Nyce_1 wrote:Man, if anyone wants to find a link of how to stream, I'll gladly do my best to stream for those who want it.

I have spectrum.
They have games at Huck nba on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,414

Post#10 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:21 pm

One of the reasons I got YoutubeTV (which I love) is because they had Fox Sports (along with a few other key channels my wife needed, lol).

I might end up going League Pass, tired of dealing with this nonsense. Orlando City games being blacked out so much was driving me nuts. Streaming is all well and good, there are plenty of great options out there for those that need it and can't afford League Pass. I've always thought it was too expensive but maybe i'll just try it this year.

edit: Just realized League Pass will blackout Magic games because of my location. Ugh. Streaming it is, lol.
BDill012
Senior
And1: 273

Post#11 » by BDill012 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:57 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:One of the reasons I got YoutubeTV (which I love) is because they had Fox Sports (along with a few other key channels my wife needed, lol).

I might end up going League Pass, tired of dealing with this nonsense. Orlando City games being blacked out so much was driving me nuts. Streaming is all well and good, there are plenty of great options out there for those that need it and can't afford League Pass. I've always thought it was too expensive but maybe i'll just try it this year.

edit: Just realized League Pass will blackout Magic games because of my location. Ugh. Streaming it is, lol.

Should League pass dump the blackouts this year?

What is the point of the blackout? Try to push people to the arena? With severe restrictions on that, it seems like it would be wise to not go with blackouts this year.

If I have a wrong read on the purpose of blackouts, let me know.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,414

Post#12 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:05 pm

BDill012 wrote:
UCFJayBird wrote:One of the reasons I got YoutubeTV (which I love) is because they had Fox Sports (along with a few other key channels my wife needed, lol).

Should League pass dump the blackouts this year?

What is the point of the blackout? Try to push people to the arena? With severe restrictions on that, it seems like it would be wise to not go with blackouts this year.

If I have a wrong read on the purpose of blackouts, let me know.

You're correct. The point of a blackout is to push up attendance at the games. I was FURIOUS a few weeks ago when I was trying to tune in to Orlando City games, only to find it blacked out. I imagine it's due to contractual stuff, but you'd think given everything going on they'd make exceptions and let people watch the games from home since capacity is greatly limited in the first place.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#13 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:13 pm

I’m almost happy I don’t live in Florida anymore and I can just buy NBA League Pass or ACC Network without worry of blackout restrictions for my favorite teams.

Obviously being close enough for live games is the best of all, but this nonsense is getting ridiculous.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#14 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:21 am

There is no point in blocking out games in this modern age of streaming and now with the virus. I couldn't watch Orlando City this year, talk about destroying your brand....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
Popsicle1228
Junior
And1: 326

Post#15 » by Popsicle1228 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:29 am

Fox Sports Florida is one of the reasons I choose YouTube TV when I finally cut the cable in September. Oh well, I may cut it off after football season is over. There are plenty of other entertainment options these days.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#16 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Popsicle1228 wrote:Fox Sports Florida is one of the reasons I choose YouTube TV when I finally cut the cable in September. Oh well, I may cut it off after football season is over. There are plenty of other entertainment options these days.

I don't think they realize that until its too late and people have moved on.
BDill012
Senior
And1: 273

Post#17 » by BDill012 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:55 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:There is no point in blocking out games in this modern age of streaming and now with the virus. I couldn't watch Orlando City this year, talk about destroying your brand....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app

The MLS should not be blacking out games, imo. They are not at that point yet.

I live in Charlotte and plan to adopt the new team, but if I am unable to watch when I can't attend, that might end very quickly.
MaxFischer
Pro Prospect
And1: 54

Post#18 » by MaxFischer » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:20 pm

Anyone know if YouTube TV is going to get Fox Sports Florida back? Hate missing all the games. Any other ways to stream?
May I see some documentation on that please?
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#19 » by j-ragg » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:11 pm

Sucks my only choice is to use not exactly legal streams. But it’s pretty much only available for Spectrum where I’m at I guess? That has to be the worst cable company, every social media post is just full of comments with people upset about some screw up by them. It’s kind of funny.

Was hoping for YouTube TV to come to a deal but guess it’s not happening.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#20 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:45 pm

MaxFischer wrote:Anyone know if YouTube TV is going to get Fox Sports Florida back? Hate missing all the games. Any other ways to stream?

As of now no. They haven't come to a deal.

Here is an article for a week and half a go:

https://thestreamable.com/news/mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-believes-youtube-tv-and-hulu-will-come-to-their-senses-after-dropping-rsns

“Honestly, I think YouTube TV and some of the others will come to their senses and realize in Dallas-Fort Worth, North Texas, you’ve got to carry the Mavs. From my perspective as a businessperson, I understood why they cut off the deal and didn’t renew because there were no games being played. But now that there are games being played and obviously it’s a big deal to a lot of people, and they’re hearing that from their customers, I think there’s a lot of incentive for them to fix that.”

YouTubeTV lost 21 Fox Regional Sports Networks in September, shortly after the baseball season. The company had reached a short-term extension in March, which saw most Fox Sports RSNs return to the line-up with the exception of YES Network, Fox Sports West, and Fox Sports Prime Ticket.

While the service still carries RSNs from NBC Sports — the loss was a major blow to subscribers for a service that positioned itself for sports fans. In June, YouTube TV raised their price by 30 percent, becoming $65 a month. They have since added NFL Network and added a $10.99 Sports Plus add-on that includes NFL RedZone.

Not long after, Hulu + Live TV also dropped 23 Fox Regional Sports Networks in October, including YES Network and Marquee Sports Network, which joined the service in March.

Last year, both Dish Network and Sling TV dropped Fox Regional Sports Network from their service, while fuboTV dropped the channels in January.

While Sinclair is expected to bring the recently rebranded Fox Sports RSNs direct-to-consumer, that likely won’t come until later next year.

Seems to me the blame is more on Sinclair, who now owns the Fox Sports regional networks, than the streamers. Sounds like they are trying to gain leverage because they will release a stand along streaming but that is not even available yet. Here is my guess, they wont come to a deal, Sling TV and Dish dropped them a while ago and nothing yet. Meanwhile the fans lose.

With that said, the increasing price of YouTube TV is getting absurd. Just a slight increase more and we are right back where we were with the legacy cable.

Return to Orlando Magic