ImageImageImageImageImage

Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#781 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:42 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:Seeing Ibaka vs Gasol play against each other really pissed me off infinitely.

So many of you guys are like oh they're old etc. Over the hump. We made the right move.

uh... no we didn't.

Literally Gasol is now starting for the current champs and Ibaka for the Clips (which where the 3rd best team in the west).

I am really pissed off by the moves we made to gain cap space for what now looks to be Rudy Gobert OR Oladipo.

Gasol looked amazing btw.

Read on Twitter

21 mins, 1-5 (1-2 from 3) for 3 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 turnovers and 3 fouls. -16. Amazing?

lol lol Guy is totally washed and ppl wanna hang on to the fact of him getting in the head of Embiid 2yrs ago. Before u put up the stats, I thought he was having some sort of exceptional type game. Now we see that he was a -16 for 3pts 2ast n 3 turnovers lol lol

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,363

Post#782 » by Hero » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:20 am

Well LeBron has done a good job of elevating his teammates. It will be interesting how he does with Marc.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#783 » by hsb » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:34 am

bape_lovers wrote:playing with Bron and AD helps, he was asked to do too much here. Glad he moved on and has much better chance to win the chip

He wasn't asked to do too much here.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,673

Post#784 » by VanWest82 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:45 am

TheAlchemist wrote:Seeing Ibaka vs Gasol play against each other really pissed me off infinitely.

So many of you guys are like oh they're old etc. Over the hump. We made the right move.

uh... no we didn't.

Literally Gasol is now starting for the current champs and Ibaka for the Clips (which where the 3rd best team in the west).

I am really pissed off by the moves we made to gain cap space for what now looks to be Rudy Gobert OR Oladipo.

Have to let it go but it's another good lesson in what happens when you let your good players get a look at FA. We have another really, really good player who's set to be a FA in July.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#785 » by Inevitable » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:34 am

Obviously we could use them but do people not remember Ibaka and Gasol got outplayed by an undersized hustle big man and a super raw backup C on the Celtics. They wernt even in some closing lineups.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,566

Post#786 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:57 pm

VanWest82 wrote:

uh... no we didn't.

Have to let it go but it's another good lesson in what happens when you let your good players get a look at FA. We have another really, really good player who's set to be a FA in July.

Fairview4Life wrote:
Read on Twitter

21 mins, 1-5 (1-2 from 3) for 3 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 turnovers and 3 fouls. -16. Amazing?
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#787 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:29 pm

My boy Bruno has been ballin in the preseason. Looks like he found a real home in Houston. Good for him

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#788 » by Kingsway_fan » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:29 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:My boy Bruno has been ballin in the preseason. Looks like he found a real home in Houston. Good for him

He is better than any of the bigs we signed this off-season....
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,992

Post#789 » by anotherhomer » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:14 pm

bape_lovers wrote:playing with Bron and AD helps, he was asked to do too much here. Glad he moved on and has much better chance to win the chip

uh... no we didn't.

it was a good fit for gasol, plus he was willing to accept less money
- being on a championship team and closer to his brother was important
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant

Post#790 » by anotherhomer » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:16 pm

RaptorPride wrote:
gbball wrote:
RaptorPride wrote:Bruno got 12 points
4/5 from three

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed we didn't take a flyer on him this year. He's got a chance to break out this year depending on their situation.

The 3's are great, but he's hard to score on too.

they are playing him at the 5 and he looks much better. still gets lost sometimes but he is legit making it hard for others to score down low

unfortunately, the boat had sailed at that time.
at least bruno is turning the corner
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant

Post#791 » by anotherhomer » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:19 pm

the CBA refs don't really protect him unfortunately.

This maybe a bit controversial, but Part of that is several reasons:
#1 - he's identified himself as taiwanese -
#2 - big one, but he's a pretty outspoken Christian.

Those two things don't sit well with China unfortunately
So even if he's a big star, China is bigger than the CBA

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/jeremy-lin-chinese-basketball-association-more-protection-hospital-injuries-144926397.html

Jeremy Lin having a tough go.

“My condition isn't very good because, as we all know, the competition is fierce for both teams,” he said.

“We basically play the game and hit people at the same time.

“I can understand if you hit and hurt your opponent by mistake, but [it is unacceptable] if you do it on purpose or the referee doesn't protect the players.

“We want to be safe on the court, that's all I can say. I'll leave the rest for you guys to discuss.”

Lin is one of the most fouled players in the CBA over the past few years, per league statistics cited by Chinese media and used by AFP. His coach, Xie Libin, told Chinese media:

“He went down so many times in each game," Xie told the state-run Beijing Youth Daily. “But you must appreciate that he is in his 30s and played in the NBA for many years.

“He has injuries, his nose, eyes and even his ears — he couldn't hear anything after the game.”

Lin was very good at getting beaten up in the nba as well IIRC. I don't really see how being in your 30s would lead you to take harder fouls per say, you might get better at avoiding them.
dgr81
General Manager
And1: 10,889

Post#792 » by dgr81 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Read on Twitter
2muchTLC
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#793 » by 2muchTLC » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:23 am

Ibaka looking nice
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#794 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:18 pm

Big ol yikes line from Gasol last night.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,199

Post#795 » by Dalek » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:31 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:Big ol yikes line from Gasol last night.

Marc played poorly, but lets compare him to the other former Raptors:

Kawhi Leonard 10-26; 26 points (1-8 from three); 2 rebounds; 3 asts; 2 steals
Ibaka 5-7; 15 points; 6 boards 1 blk
Patterson 1-5; 3 points; 3 boards 2 stls
Lou Williams 4-9; 11 points 3 asts

Marc Gasol 0-0; points; 1 reb; 1 ast

Is it safe to say that Marc Gasol will take over the mantel of Danny Green of being the most hated Laker by Laker fans? If he stops Jokic at some point in the year he may be redeemed.
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,280

Post#796 » by raptorstime » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:46 am

Demar killed it today
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,280

Post#797 » by raptorstime » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:53 am

Spurs nailed it with their jersey this year. They've had some questionable designs these past couple of season.
tms
Veteran
And1: 2,110

Post#798 » by tms » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:17 am

Fairview4Life wrote:

uh... no we didn't.

Read on Twitter

i'm not gonna give him a pass for missing that gimme lol but he did an amazing job of taking Booker out and setting up the play. great bball IQ
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#799 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:55 am

tms wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

uh... no we didn't.

Read on Twitter

i'm not gonna give him a pass for missing that gimme lol but he did an amazing job of taking Booker out and setting up the play. great bball IQ

Sure, he was objectively very bad that game though, and not “amazing”, as was claimed.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,287

Post#800 » by Jstock12 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:26 pm

What a wholesome moment

Return to Toronto Raptors