Future Draft Classes (Prospects) II

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Re: Future Draft Classes (Prospects) II 

Post#201 » by clyde21 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 3:31 pm

Fischella wrote:You are missing Luka who was definitely at that level pre-draft for anyone with eyes

i mentioned Luka big guy
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,634

Post#202 » by peZt » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:58 am

I think this kid is only like 13 so it's reallyyyy early and I don't usually watch highlights of freshmen and 8th graders so no idea how he compares to his peers, but sometimes you just need one second to recognice that someone just has "it". The handles, first step, hesi moves I think are insane for a kid his age. And especially the fluidity in his moves, he just glides over the court. A lot of times you see these highlight videos of hyped up high school prospects and the way they move is mechanical af.
Anyway I don't even know the kids name and all I have are some crappy insta videos

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CI_thrhn4dt/

And you can tell he hasn't even grown into his body yet and is gonna be a late bloomer, his body looks like it's gonna hit a major growth spurt at some point
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,907

Post#203 » by tundraknight » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:55 am

The 2022 NBA Draft could have 4 Centers taken in the Lottery.

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2022-nba-mock-draft/

It’s nice to see the Center position being rejuvenated with Wiseman this past draft, Mobley next draft, and those 4 players in 2022.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#204 » by clyde21 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:36 pm

tundraknight wrote:The 2022 NBA Draft could have 4 Centers taken in the Lottery.

It’s nice to see the Center position being rejuvenated with Wiseman this past draft, Mobley next draft, and those 4 players in 2022.

2018 had 4 go in the top 7
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#205 » by No-Man » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:51 pm

Lmao at Duren over Nzosa
tundraknight
Lead Assistant

Post#206 » by tundraknight » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:24 pm

clyde21 wrote:
tundraknight wrote:The 2022 NBA Draft could have 4 Centers taken in the Lottery.

I guess if you’re considering one of JJJ or Bagley as Centers. Their Wikipedia has them both listed as PFs.

It doesn’t really matter much anyway since Bamba has been a borderline bust so far and Wendell Carter Jr. is barely a starting caliber center.

I expect the 2022 class of centers to much more impactful overall.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#207 » by Marcus » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:30 pm

tundraknight wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I guess if you’re considering one of JJJ or Bagley as Centers. Their Wikipedia has them both listed as PFs.

It doesn’t really matter much anyway since Bamba has been a borderline bust so far and Wendell Carter Jr. is barely a starting caliber center.

What gives them the advantage?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
tundraknight
Lead Assistant

Post#208 » by tundraknight » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:34 pm

Fischella wrote:Lmao at Duren over Nzosa

From what I’ve read Duren seems to be more of an old school powerhouse type of center with Dwight comparisons.

I agree Nzosa seems much more intriguing as an “Evolutionary Shot Blocker”, with elite mobility and overall motor.

As the NBA has gradually turned into an offensive league, it’s always nice to see elite defensive prospects on the horizon.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant

Post#209 » by tundraknight » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:42 pm

Marcus wrote:
tundraknight wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

What gives them the advantage?

I mean I’m not really here to debate the 2018 class of centers, I was just replying to Clyde bringing it up. But I will answer and say I believe those 4 are much more intriguing than either Bamba or Wendell. We know Ayton is a stud but besides him?

https://www.thestepien.com/2019/02/25/yannick-nzosa-evolutionary-rim-protector/

^ This article is kind of old but it’s a good read. It talks about how Bamba is a bust, talks about Rudy Gobert, and Yannick Nzosa.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#210 » by clyde21 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:48 pm

tundraknight wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

JJJ is a C yes

and that point is that Centers going isn't exclusive to 2022 or any other class, its been happening
tundraknight
Lead Assistant

Post#211 » by tundraknight » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:19 pm

clyde21 wrote:
tundraknight wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

JJJ is a C yes

and that point is that Centers going isn't exclusive to 2022 or any other class, its been happening

All I was implying is that 2022 seems like a strong draft class for centers.. And that I’m excited for it. It’s not like I’m saying “This is the first time ever!!”.

It kind of seems like you’re just trying to pick an argument.

Just like you mentioned before how you wished your Warriors had a high pick in 2021 instead of 2020, because you said wings in the 2021 Draft look much better than 2020’s wings.

That would be like someone replying to you and saying “Wings aren’t exclusive to 2021” even though that clearly wasn’t what you meant.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#212 » by clyde21 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:50 pm

tundraknight wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
tundraknight wrote:

JJJ is a C yes

All I was implying is that 2022 seems like a strong draft class for centers.. And that I’m excited for it. It’s not like I’m saying “This is the first time ever!!”.

It kind of seems like you’re just trying to pick an argument.

Just like you mentioned before how you wished your Warriors had a high pick in 2021 instead of 2020, because you said wings in the 2021 Draft look much better than 2020’s wings.

That would be like someone replying to you and saying “Wings aren’t exclusive to 2021” even though that clearly wasn’t what you meant.

my point is that it has nothing with 'rejuvinating the C position'...it didn't go anywhere the only thing that changed was the types of players drafted at C...imagine in the 90s if your top 2 picks are Centers like Holmgren and Yama? they've think it's crazy.
Hook_Em
Rookie
And1: 753

Post#213 » by Hook_Em » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:59 am

Read on Twitter
clyde21
RealGM

Post#214 » by clyde21 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:46 pm

Hunter Sallis just committed to Gonzaga...their highest recruit ever, at least until Chet commits there too
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#215 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:59 pm

clyde21 wrote:Hunter Sallis just committed to Gonzaga...their highest recruit ever, at least until Chet commits there too

Gonzaga is in that sweet spot right now from a college fan perspective. This reminds me of Duke in the early 2010s. Gonzaga is in that nice sweet spot of having a team built around damn good 3-4 year players, then one elite freshman tossed in. Kind of like the 2011 Duke team when they had Kyrie Irving tossed in with Nolan Smith, Kyle Singler, Mason Plumlee, Ryan Kelly and so on.

Dont ge me wrong I loved that 2015 championship team and I really enjoyed that Zion young team. But man I loved how that 2011 Duke team was built, very curious what they couldve done without that Kyrie injury.

This year's Gonzaga team reminds me of that kind of roster. Just speaking from a college basketball fan perspective, those are my favorite teams to watch. Sallis is going to fit in very well with Gonzaga.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#216 » by clyde21 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:07 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Hunter Sallis just committed to Gonzaga...their highest recruit ever, at least until Chet commits there too

Gonzaga is in that sweet spot right now from a college fan perspective. This reminds me of Duke in the early 2010s. Gonzaga is in that nice sweet spot of having a team built around damn good 3-4 year players, then one elite freshman tossed in. Kind of like the 2011 Duke team when they had Kyrie Irving tossed in with Nolan Smith, Kyle Singler, Mason Plumlee, Ryan Kelly and so on.

Dont ge me wrong I loved that 2015 championship team and I really enjoyed that Zion young team. But man I loved how that 2011 Duke team was built, very curious what they couldve done without that Kyrie injury.

This year's Gonzaga team reminds me of that kind of roster. Just speaking from a college basketball fan perspective, those are my favorite teams to watch. Sallis is going to fit in very well with Gonzaga.

yea, I think that really should've been their model, but UK and Duke just ended up hoarding all the top recruits and started trottin out like 4/5 freshmen and it's been all downhill from there
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#217 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:23 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

yea, I think that really should've been their model, but UK and Duke just ended up hoarding all the top recruits and started trottin out like 4/5 freshmen and it's been all downhill from there

K and Cal just stopped being college coaches. They became full-time recruiters, that is it. No more development for the non stars. It just became make way for the new 4-5 incoming freshmen, everyone else on the team kind of just figure it out or transfer. Then I think both guys felt like they had such a talent advantage, just roll the ball out there and let the talent advantage be the thing that wins the game.

Ive been watching Suggs all year with this Gonzaga team and thinking to myself, this is essentially the 2011 Duke team. This is how the top tier college programs should be doing it. Its a perfect mix of elite 3-4 year college players mixed with an elite freshman NBA prospect. And you got an elite coach that knows how to handle that balance perfectly. Where Suggs isnt being lost in the system (I think this is Roy Williams really struggles with top tier recruits), but he also isnt this overwhelming force that crushes the system. Few is doing a great job at showing Suggs skills off, while also coaching his team to win. Huge fan of this Gonzaga team.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#218 » by clyde21 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:33 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Gonzaga is in that sweet spot right now from a college fan perspective. This reminds me of Duke in the early 2010s. Gonzaga is in that nice sweet spot of having a team built around damn good 3-4 year players, then one elite freshman tossed in. Kind of like the 2011 Duke team when they had Kyrie Irving tossed in with Nolan Smith, Kyle Singler, Mason Plumlee, Ryan Kelly and so on.

K and Cal just stopped being college coaches. They became full-time recruiters, that is it. No more development for the non stars. It just became make way for the new 4-5 incoming freshmen, everyone else on the team kind of just figure it out or transfer. Then I think both guys felt like they had such a talent advantage, just roll the ball out there and let the talent advantage be the thing that wins the game.

Ive been watching Suggs all year with this Gonzaga team and thinking to myself, this is essentially the 2011 Duke team. This is how the top tier college programs should be doing it. Its a perfect mix of elite 3-4 year college players mixed with an elite freshman NBA prospect. And you got an elite coach that knows how to handle that balance perfectly. Where Suggs isnt being lost in the system (I think this is Roy Williams really struggles with top tier recruits), but he also isnt this overwhelming force that crushes the system. Few is doing a great job at showing Suggs skills off, while also coaching his team to win. Huge fan of this Gonzaga team.

yea, that's perfectly said. Looks like Gonzaga might get Chet this year as well so that's 2 top 10 recruits, hoping they can just stick to that and don't start going overboard like UK and Duke did
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#219 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:52 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

yea, that's perfectly said. Looks like Gonzaga might get Chet this year as well so that's 2 top 10 recruits, hoping they can just stick to that and don't start going overboard like UK and Duke did

I mean how interesting would a Timme/Chet front court be? That would be must watch TV. I think adding Chet still works within that system you and I are talking about, because Zaga is losing Kispert and Suggs their #1 and #3 scorers. So there is those 2 spaces to fill. But ya as long as Zaga keeps it to 1 a year and every other year maybe have 2, I think that is the perfect balance. They just cant get caught into the trap that Cal and K did. Grab as many as you can and screw development for all non OAD guys.

Because when you get into that routine, even when you get a class that has Zion, RJ, Trae, and Cam. Youre team will have a ton of flaws because those 4 are your team, everyone else on the team are unprepared to play college ball. Im really hoping Few keeps up what he is doing.

But ya back on future prospects. Again how freaking fun will a Timme/Chet front court be? Also being biased, I dont see how some places have Sallis over AJ Griffin. Dont get me wrong I think Sallis is good, but I think so many of these recruiting sites are really missing on AJ. I think his name should be in the conversation with Chet as the #1 in this class. But I will admit to being biased haha.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#220 » by No-Man » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:54 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I think this is Roy Williams really struggles with top tier recruits

When is the last time that Roy had a top tier recruit, let's be real man

Return to NBA Draft