ImageImageImage

Predictions for 20/21 season

Moderator: ijspeelman

gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Predictions for 20/21 season 

Post#1 » by gflem » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:48 pm

I tried this topic last season with mixed results but here goes another try. I tried to use some humor last time but that didn't seem to work out so just going with straight takes.

I think Drummond will make the All Star team. The only Cav to do so, and will likely be traded by the dl.
I think Love will be on the team at the end of the season. I know, not really a stretch.
I think Okoro will be starting either at SG or SF by the end of the first half, depending on KPJ and how they work him back in.
Obviously Garland or Sexton will be coming off the bench, but I'm guessing it will be Sexton at least at first but that could change depending on how Garland progresses.
I think Thon Makur will be the starting C after Drummond is moved.
I think Exum will likely be moved for a couple of seconds at best, unless they take on some significant salary using his expiring in something more than a one on one deal.
I think McGee is move much sooner than the dl, maybe as soon as the waiting period for traded player to be moved is up.
As for wins, I think they start out winning a bit more than expected but wind up in the high teens to mid twenties for the season.
All of this is predicated on not being able to predict injuries so obviously these predictions can change greatly based on that.
Edit: typo
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Predictions for 20/21 season 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:15 pm

My hot take if you can call it that MPJ gets hurt and if Love is healthy for at least a wekk before the dl is potentially moved to Denver for Gary Harris, J Green and the Denver 21 1st top 25 protected then converts to 2023 & 24 2nds if 1st not transferred in 21
lol no I dont actually think that will happen.
I dont know what to make of the DG Sexton plan other than that it seems they are content with rolling it out there again which seems unwise at best.
I am not sure why some think Sexton would be better off as the bench guard when he has a better resume to start unless you are trying to boost DG's value as a lead guard for trade purposes and think he can look better playing next to Okoro or KPJ at the 2.
There is no chance DG remains the starting pg if he does not up his game significantly in short order. [unless they are tanking again which i am not sure i can handle another season of personally]
I think the Dre trade market might be a lot smaller after this offseasons transactions but maybe if a 1st is offered they do it. I am just more inclined to think they want to retain him esp if he plays defense this season.
my only real hot take is I think KPJ misses a lot of time despite not getting convicted of a felony and I would not be surprised if he is in a rehab or on suicide watch or something because it is really odd that he is just still listed as out for personal reasons unless there is a chance he is on a quarantine or something like that . We will know more soon enough if he shows up in the next 2 games great if not I suspect it is a long term problem
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#3 » by Revenged25 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:08 am

Stillwater wrote:My hot take if you can call it that MPJ gets hurt and if Love is healthy for at least a wekk before the dl is potentially moved to Denver for Gary Harris, J Green and the Denver 21 1st top 25 protected then converts to 2023 & 24 2nds if 1st not transferred in 21
lol no I dont actually think that will happen.
I dont know what to make of the DG Sexton plan other than that it seems they are content with rolling it out there again which seems unwise at best.
I am not sure why some think Sexton would be better off as the bench guard when he has a better resume to start unless you are trying to boost DG's value as a lead guard for trade purposes and think he can look better playing next to Okoro or KPJ at the 2.
There is no chance DG remains the starting pg if he does not up his game significantly in short order. [unless they are tanking again which i am not sure i can handle another season of personally]
I think the Dre trade market might be a lot smaller after this offseasons transactions but maybe if a 1st is offered they do it. I am just more inclined to think they want to retain him esp if he plays defense this season.
my only real hot take is I think KPJ misses a lot of time despite not getting convicted of a felony and I would not be surprised if he is in a rehab or on suicide watch or something because it is really odd that he is just still listed as out for personal reasons unless there is a chance he is on a quarantine or something like that . We will know more soon enough if he shows up in the next 2 games great if not I suspect it is a long term problem

I think it's less that they think DG is better than Sexton and more that Sexton being the primary scorer with the 2nd unit would mean there is less of a drop off when some of the first unit heads to the bench where bad/mediocre teams normally get destroyed by better/deeper teams.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:17 am

I know it's CHA but I think I might have underestimated JBB game plan working like it did to end the season in march.
Right now I like what I see across the team and the rotations look smart.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers