ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1401 » by blue and orange » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:22 am

knicks94 wrote:Can we conclude that this has been one of the most boring Yankee offseasons we've had in a while? At least last year many Yankee fans had something to look forward to with the signing of Cole. I was really hoping for the Yankees to make a splash by signing Trevor Bauer or another number 2 starter.

Almost every news story revolves around DJLM speculation. I really am starting to grow tired of it. If the man really wants to come back to the Bronx he needs to accept what the team is willing to offer him instead of opening up the possibility that the Yankees bid against themselves. Ain't nobody going to give a guy approaching his mid 30's a Robbie Cano-like contract, no matter how high his batting average was.

Come on we resigned Luis Cessa who's not excited about that :lol:.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1402 » by GEOLINK » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:00 am

Our bullpen looks dogchit.

Gonna burn arms real quick with this rotation as is.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1403 » by GEOLINK » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:32 am

Read on Twitter
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1404 » by GEOLINK » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:36 pm

Read on Twitter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,623

Post#1405 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:47 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

What's the holdup here? You guys need pitching. Tanaka pitches ... and thrives in the playoffs. Is the asking price unreasonable?
Free Palestine
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1406 » by GEOLINK » Fri Jan 1, 2021 12:50 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

What's the holdup here? You guys need pitching. Tanaka pitches ... and thrives in the playoffs. Is the asking price unreasonable?

They have a few millions to spend this off-season and I guess they want to use it all on DJ.

I really hate teams being picky with spending money because of some tax threshold.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,127

Post#1407 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Jan 1, 2021 1:35 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

They have a few millions to spend this off-season and I guess they want to use it all on DJ.

I really hate teams being picky with spending money because of some tax threshold.

They’re okay getting destroyed for the Dodgers as long as they make the playoffs. Stupid ass Yankees getting jealous of the Rays when the Rays are jealous of us
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#1408 » by Polk377 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:56 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

They’re okay getting destroyed for the Dodgers as long as they make the playoffs. Stupid ass Yankees getting jealous of the Rays when the Rays are jealous of us

Yankees have too much young pitching depth to stay tied to Tanaka. I would rather let Devi or Schmidt develop into something in the majors. I don't want these guys to get the Joba and Hughes treatment here for the sake of the vets.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,623

Post#1409 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jan 4, 2021 11:24 am

Polk377 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:They have a few millions to spend this off-season and I guess they want to use it all on DJ.

Yankees have too much young pitching depth to stay tied to Tanaka. I would rather let Devi or Schmidt develop into something in the majors. I don't want these guys to get the Joba and Hughes treatment here for the sake of the vets.

Usually not the Yankees way. Are those kids ready fir the big stage?
Free Palestine
Polk377
General Manager

Post#1410 » by Polk377 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:03 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:

Usually not the Yankees way. Are those kids ready fir the big stage?

Who know but this is New York. You either sink or swim. Only way to find out is throwing them into the deep end.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,127

Post#1411 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:55 pm

Polk377 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:They have a few millions to spend this off-season and I guess they want to use it all on DJ.

I don't buy that. First, we need as much pitching as we can get. Beyond Cole, who do we trust? Severino? German? Montgomery? All with question marks. Someone's gonna get hurt. Someone's gonna fall apart. Second, the Yankees have never let that reason stop them. Hell, we've been rolling out Brett Gardner these past few years.

We just cheapasses now. Friggin Hal probably jealous of the Red Sox and the Rays. Priority 1 is to make money. Priority 2 is to trick fans that the Yankees want to contend by getting us into the playoffs via wild card if necessary.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,961

Post#1412 » by knicks94 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 8:57 pm

Would rather have Tanaka back than have the Yankees sign Chris Archer.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#1413 » by Polk377 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 9:42 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:

I don't buy that. First, we need as much pitching as we can get. Beyond Cole, who do we trust? Severino? German? Montgomery? All with question marks. Someone's gonna get hurt. Someone's gonna fall apart. Second, the Yankees have never let that reason stop them. Hell, we've been rolling out Brett Gardner these past few years.

We just cheapasses now. Friggin Hal probably jealous of the Red Sox and the Rays. Priority 1 is to make money. Priority 2 is to trick fans that the Yankees want to contend by getting us into the playoffs via wild card if necessary.

Unless they are making a big splash like signing Bauer they should invest in the youth and actually build a competent staff like Tampa Bay. They can let a Archer or Snell go every year because they invest into their arms and have a next man up approach. I am tired of bringing in the Happs of the world as fill ins when we could be giving one of these prospects a chance. Garcia, King, Schmidt, German, Abreu, Montgomery, Gil, Vizcaino, Medina, make it work with these guys.
damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#1414 » by damedash09 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:09 pm

They can resign DJ now

Or do something or is the team broke
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#1415 » by Papi_swav » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:56 pm

The yanks are just standing pedestrian while the Mets get one of the best shortstops. I feel like we could of done better than the package then what the Mets gave for Lindor. What are they waiting for?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,072

Post#1416 » by blueNorange » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:00 pm

Papi_swav wrote:The yanks are just standing pedestrian while the Mets get one of the best shortstops. I feel like we could of done better than the package then what the Mets gave for Lindor. What are they waiting for?

just wait until the mets sign george springer.

LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#1417 » by Papi_swav » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:04 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:The yanks are just standing pedestrian while the Mets get one of the best shortstops. I feel like we could of done better than the package then what the Mets gave for Lindor. What are they waiting for?

just wait until the mets sign george springer.

hey but we got greg Allen Woohooo ! I been praying for him *sarcasm
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,915

Post#1418 » by SelbyCobra » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:40 pm

Definitely frustrating seeing the Yankees so willing to stand around, but this is a little different for the Mets. They're a sub-.500 team looking to make a big splash. Lindor is a face of the franchise type that's going to light up NYC with his smile and personality - and glove.

If the Yankees got in on this it would have been as a major defensive upgrade on Gleyber, but on a $250-$300M contract, which doesn't make a TON of sense. I guess they could've acquired Lindor and then used Gleyber as a massive trade chip, but that's also kind of clunky - it increases payroll immensely, but actual production only a bit.

I think the move was an absolute grand slam for the Mets. It fit them and their needs perfectly. Hopefully the Yankees wake up and use a little creativity to improve the team in the areas where it obviously needs it.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1419 » by GEOLINK » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:07 am

Feels good to have an alpha of an owner in NYC again.

Not like the pussy Steinbrenner kids that run the Yankees.

I'll be rooting for Cohen to stick it to the Yankees as long as Hal wants to be 2nd in the city.

It's a bonus he's actually a fan of the team and not some entitled brat that got to inherit the biggest team in all of sports and turn them into a small market team.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#1420 » by blue and orange » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:47 pm

GEOLINK wrote:Feels good to have an alpha of an owner in NYC again.

Not like the pussy Steinbrenner kids that run the Yankees.

I'll be rooting for Cohen to stick it to the Yankees as long as Hal wants to be 2nd in the city.

It's a bonus he's actually a fan of the team and not some entitled brat that got to inherit the biggest team in all of sports and turn them into a small market team.

George is rolling in his grave. Out of all the NY teams I gotta say Yankees are the most boring and most frustrating, reason I say frustrating is because its the Yankees and they have all the resources, yeah you expect the Jets and Knicks to make bad deals, hell I give them credit for trying to make big splashes at least they got balls, not the Yankees, unless its a contract that cripples their future like the Ellsbury deal and Stanton contract.

Return to New York Knicks