Welcome Shake Milton

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Welcome Shake Milton 

Post#261 » by LloydFree » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Dallas drafted Shake Milton in the late 2nd round. Then they turned around and traded Shake to us for 2 late 50's picks. If the 76ers had made that mistake, you'd never hear the end of it here.

I (and a couple of others here) would have been fine with him as a 1st round pick that year. I always thought he was better than Landry Shamet, as a prospect.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#262 » by Sixerscan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:11 pm

LloydFree wrote:Dallas drafted Shake Milton in the late 2nd round. Then they turned around and traded Shake to us for 2 late 50's picks. If the 76ers had made that mistake, you'd never here the end of it here.

I (and a couple of others here) would have been fine with him as a 1st round pick that year. I always thought he was better than Landry Shamet, as a prospect.

Tbf Dallas did get future nba champion Kostas Antetokounmpo in that trade. :D

Apparently Shake fell because of the back thing and then having like the worst game ever at the combine? I would love to see that game it must have been really bad.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#263 » by LloydFree » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:21 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Dallas drafted Shake Milton in the late 2nd round. Then they turned around and traded Shake to us for 2 late 50's picks. If the 76ers had made that mistake, you'd never here the end of it here.

Tbf Dallas did get future nba champion Kostas Antetokounmpo in that trade. :D

Apparently Shake fell because of the back thing and then having like the worst game ever at the combine? I would love to see that game it must have been really bad.

Yeah. It was bad. I got lucky that year, and rewatched the combine games On Demand, after the draft. Shake was like 1-10 from the Field, or something like that. And he was very nondescript overall, even though the broadcasters were assuring everyone that he was a good player. If you never saw him at SMU, you wouldn't have known he was any good. No doubt, that combine performance scared teams away from him.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,576

Post#264 » by Iverson Armband » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:28 pm

Hell, Shake looked terrible in the Vegas Summer League like 2 years ago.
always a jump shot away.
6ers83
Senior
And1: 195

Post#265 » by 6ers83 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:48 pm

Kid has really improved! I’d say he’s our 2nd best player after jojo.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#266 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:27 pm

At some point he’s going to be on the same level with Dinwiddie and LeVert.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#267 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:27 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:Hell, Shake looked terrible in the Vegas Summer League like 2 years ago.

Ive always liked him and I find EB to be hiding him so Clips would ask for Shamet instead of him back then.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Post#268 » by Arsenal » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:04 pm

76ciology wrote:At some point he’s going to be on the same level with Dinwiddie and LeVert.

He's already just as good as them. Once you factor in his dirt cheap 3 year contract, he is way more valuable than either of them.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,664

Post#269 » by Negrodamus » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:12 pm

Arsenal wrote:
76ciology wrote:At some point he’s going to be on the same level with Dinwiddie and LeVert.

He's already just as good as them. Once you factor in his dirt cheap 3 year contract, he is way more valuable than either of them.

I think if you factor into the equation what he does in terms of fit, this is an accurate take. Perhaps not quite LeVert, but Dinwiddie for sure. He's a better shooter than both and does not force offense usually. If he can be a 5-6 FTA per game player, we have a chance at being a top 4 seed. If he goes above that, then we could be one of the best teams in the East. That would suggest that he's playing aggressive enough to be at least an 18 ppg 3-level scorer which would help Embiid get to another level.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#270 » by Arsenal » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:17 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

I think if you factor into the equation what he does in terms of fit, this is an accurate take. Perhaps not quite LeVert, but Dinwiddie for sure. He's a better shooter than both and does not force offense usually. If he can be a 5-6 FTA per game player, we have a chance at being a top 4 seed. If he goes above that, then we could be one of the best teams in the East. That would suggest that he's playing aggressive enough to be at least an 18 ppg 3-level scorer which would help Embiid get to another level.

Yep. I think its pretty clear Shake is a 18 ppg 3-level scorer on high efficiency assuming he gets the minutes, which Doc would be a fool not to give. Early signs from last night show him to be much improved on defense also, which was the biggest knock against him.

If he plays consistently like he did last night we can definitely get a top 3 seed and contend for the Finals.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,681

Post#271 » by phillynative » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:26 pm

I notice hes converting with his left at the rim. Did he have that in his game before?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#272 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:36 pm

76ciology wrote:Hot take.

Our deathball this year:

Seth
Shake
Ben
Tobi
Embiid

Ive said it before. Shake and Seth backcourt will be surprisingly good.

Last night, +70 NetRtg with 2nd most minutes among our 5 man unit.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#273 » by Arsenal » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:48 pm

Seriously, there is no reason we should not massively boost Shake's minutes AND usage. He looks primed to put up 30pp100 this season while keeping high efficiency. That's not far behind guys like Booker and Lavine who are around 35pp100.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#274 » by Sixerscan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:22 pm

Arsenal wrote:Seriously, there is no reason we should not massively boost Shake's minutes AND usage. He looks primed to put up 30pp100 this season while keeping high efficiency. That's not far behind guys like Booker and Lavine who are around 35pp100.

I worry about him breaking down. Still pretty skinny and has never played anything close to a full season before.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 709

Post#275 » by Kova » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:25 pm

Impressed with Shake! 2 years ago I said I hoped he'd be what Fultz was supposed to be. Today I dare to say that he is better than Fultz!
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#276 » by Arsenal » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:27 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Seriously, there is no reason we should not massively boost Shake's minutes AND usage. He looks primed to put up 30pp100 this season while keeping high efficiency. That's not far behind guys like Booker and Lavine who are around 35pp100.

I worry about him breaking down. Still pretty skinny and has never played anything close to a full season before.

He bulked up this offseason and looks good. I'll worry about him breaking down if it actually happens.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,115

Post#277 » by M2J » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:34 pm

phillynative wrote:I notice hes converting with his left at the rim. Did he have that in his game before?

He did last year at least
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#278 » by Arsenal » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:38 pm

With enough minutes and usage, Shake Milton could surpass C.J. McCollum this season.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#279 » by sixers4real » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:44 pm

LloydFree wrote:Dallas drafted Shake Milton in the late 2nd round. Then they turned around and traded Shake to us for 2 late 50's picks. If the 76ers had made that mistake, you'd never hear the end of it here.

Surprise, surprise, Lloyd talking about what he was right of.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#280 » by LloydFree » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:31 pm

Arsenal wrote:

He's as good as Dinwiddie, without even considering the contract. Lavert is better, but he's also always hurt, so I don't know how much more valuable he is than Shake.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers