ImageImageImage

Miemi Heats v. them, Dem Voodooboyz. Dec. 23rd, 7pm. Watch the show papi's

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,601

Re: Miemi Heats v. them, Dem Voodooboyz. Dec. 23rd, 7pm. Watch the show papi's 

Post#621 » by DayofMourning » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:28 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
SA37 wrote:
HIF wrote:So where has all that " we don't need to change this team to win the finals" optimism gone?

Honestly, I don't think Miami is even the favorite to make it to the Finals. The East is ultra competitive and with 10 less games in the regular season and the playoff play-in, there is a little less wiggle room for slowly getting into the season without potentially falling dangerously close to a play-in.

Miami is going to be a very good team and might even make it back to the Finals, but I don't see this season as being a "championship or bust" or even "Finals or bust" year. It's a year for our young guys to develop and for Miami to see where they stand as far as team needs. I am expecting a trade before the deadline and then Miami will be able to add a FA and re-sign Robinson and Nunn (assuming neither are involved in a trade) and that will be the team that will be expected to get to the Finals.

Don't think there will be any favorites unless Nets go on a tear, most of the top East teams are more or less on the same level

I'll have to say I may have been a little too ready to take away from the Nets. I misread the depth they have. I think they have a solid roster with good balance. They're a legit contender to get to the Finals.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,119

Post#622 » by twix2500 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:31 pm

SA37 wrote:
HIF wrote:So where has all that " we don't need to change this team to win the finals" optimism gone?

Honestly, I don't think Miami is even the favorite to make it to the Finals. The East is ultra competitive and with 10 less games in the regular season and the playoff play-in, there is a little less wiggle room for slowly getting into the season without potentially falling dangerously close to a play-in.

Miami is going to be a very good team and might even make it back to the Finals, but I don't see this season as being a "championship or bust" or even "Finals or bust" year. It's a year for our young guys to develop and for Miami to see where they stand as far as team needs. I am expecting a trade before the deadline and then Miami will be able to add a FA and re-sign Robinson and Nunn (assuming neither are involved in a trade) and that will be the team that will be expected to get to the Finals.
Its championship or bust. You might not care to have a chip. But Butler was brought here to win a chip. The organization is trying to win a chip.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,540

Post#623 » by Shewasfly » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:53 pm

SA37 wrote:

Honestly, I don't think Miami is even the favorite to make it to the Finals.

The amount of people who were so mad when I said this exact thing during the Finals last year...lol

"Last season" or whatever you want to call it, was a perfect storm that it would have been a dream to capitalize on. Because the likelihood of getting back there is not nearly as guaranteed as some of the more delusional people made it seem on our little bubble Cinderella run. That's why the Finals loss hit some of us so hard. Its very difficult to see this team getting there again without a significant trade or trades. Teams are ready for us now. We're not an unknown and we don't have overwhelming star power/talent.
:tiredJB:
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Post#624 » by Kobewade11 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:12 pm

Last season wasn't a miracle run. Regardless of record, environment, etc. we were always going to be a tough out because of the way we matched up with the top teams in the East.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#625 » by SA37 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:48 pm

Shewasfly wrote:
SA37 wrote:

Honestly, I don't think Miami is even the favorite to make it to the Finals.

The amount of people who were so mad when I said this exact thing during the Finals last year...lol

"Last season" or whatever you want to call it, was a perfect storm that it would have been a dream to capitalize on. Because the likelihood of getting back there is not nearly as guaranteed as some of the more delusional people made it seem on our little bubble Cinderella run. That's why the Finals loss hit some of us so hard. Its very difficult to see this team getting there again without a significant trade or trades. Teams are ready for us now. We're not an unknown and we don't have overwhelming star power/talent.

I agree with a lot of this.

It's true that with any championship run you need to get a bit lucky and not suffer any major injuries, and sometimes it's a bit luck-of-the-draw as far as who you play. Miami avoided Philadelphia (who I think didn't have Simmons for a good part of their series with Boston) and Toronto, who I think would have been tougher matchups for Miami (of course, Miami undressed Milwaukee, which was no small feat).

I just think the East is so competitive that it's just going to be hard to get back, especially since I don't see Miami as being clearly better than other teams and because Miami is dependent on so many young players. Brooklyn is going to be a nightmare; they have so many weapons. If Miami doesn't make the Finals, I just don't see it as being a "lack" of anything or a failure; Miami should be really competitive and might make it back to the Finals; I just wouldn't see it as a disappointing season if they didn't.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,637

Post#626 » by HEATVols865 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:29 am

For the record, I’ve been wanting Spo gone since he took over and even during the big 3. He sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,735

Post#627 » by Chalm Down » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:39 pm

goodboy wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:
goodboy wrote:Op

do you have another prophecy in you this season

Not another.

But the one that will surpass them all.

Just wait

beat non-tanking teams this time pls
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,096

Post#628 » by TroubleS0me » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:22 pm

HEATVols865 wrote:For the record, I’ve been wanting Spo gone since he took over and even during the big 3. He sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

coaches have their ups & downs
what other coach can we get? Our defense since Spo took over has been in the top 10. Have to appreciate.

Return to Miami Heat