Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,561

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#1861 » by pcbothwel » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:16 pm

Frichuela wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:Wow, Miami's got a bench unit led by Dragic/Bradley/Iggy. :o

World class roster construction combined with a great coach. Prime example of a well run franchise

A bit disingenuous. They don’t start a PG and dragic plays/will play 26-28 mpg.
Iggy is a real pro, but is turning 37 next month and is a far removed from his prime. Bradley has been overrated for years.

Bertans, Bonga, Brown are a better trio, even if they aren’t battle tested
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#1862 » by payitforward » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:18 pm

Frichuela wrote:

World class roster construction combined with a great coach. Prime example of a well run franchise

This above all....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,917

Post#1863 » by DCZards » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:53 pm

Don’t forget Achuiwa. Precious is already showing his value with his impactful rebounding and defense.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,880

Post#1864 » by Frichuela » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:55 pm

DCZards wrote:

Don’t forget Achuiwa. Precious is already showing his value with his impactful rebounding and defense.

Agreed. Great pick up for them.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#1865 » by Dat2U » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:59 pm

DCZards wrote:

We really needed 2 1sts. Avdija looks solid but Achiuwa really popped off the screen in the minutes he played. Miami got a steal.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,880

Post#1866 » by Frichuela » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:03 pm

Meanwhile, Oubre playing like trash vs the Bucks...It appears he keeps making the same bone headed plays of his Wizards days
bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 462

Post#1867 » by bsilver » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:28 pm

Love listening to Hubie Brown announce the Warriors Bucks game. Googled his name to see his age. 87. Right at the top of search list is a bunch of tweets saying he sounds old and shouldn’t be announcing any more. Hope no one pays attention to this garbage.
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#1868 » by nate33 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:48 pm

Has Curry lost a step? He was lousy in the first 5 games he played last year before the injury; he was lousy in preseason; and he has been lousy in 2 games so far in the regular season.

The question is, has he just lost a step with age and injury? Or was he never really the type of guy who could carry a team offensively without the help of some pretty good teammates. I tend to think it's the former. He looked pretty good beating Houston in the playoffs after Durant went down.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1869 » by nate33 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:53 pm

Dat2U wrote:
DCZards wrote:

We really needed 2 1sts. Avdija looks solid but Achiuwa really popped off the screen in the minutes he played. Miami got a steal.

I'm starting to wonder if it makes sense to trade Beal for Achiuwa, Herro, Nunn, and the 2023 1st.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#1870 » by Dat2U » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:07 pm

nate33 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
DCZards wrote:Don’t forget Achuiwa. Precious is already showing his value with his impactful rebounding and defense.

I'm starting to wonder if it makes sense to trade Beal for Achiuwa, Herro, Nunn, and the 2023 1st.

Swap out Nunn for Duncan Robinson and its interesting.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1871 » by nate33 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:22 pm

Dat2U wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:

Yup. I might look to flip Robinson afterward. I think there are diminishing returns to having both Bertans and Robinson, and Robinson is up for a new contract soon. How much future value would a contender trade for him given that his cap number is so low at the moment? How many picks could you get out of team like Philly?
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,917

Post#1872 » by DCZards » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:22 pm

bsilver wrote:Love listening to Hubie Brown announce the Warriors Bucks game. Googled his name to see his age. 87. Right at the top of search list is a bunch of tweets saying he sounds old and shouldn’t be announcing any more. Hope no one pays attention to this garbage.

Funny...I just did the same thing: Google Hubie’s age. I think it’s time for him to step down and make way for someone younger.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1873 » by nate33 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:24 pm

nate33 wrote:Has Curry lost a step? He was lousy in the first 5 games he played last year before the injury; he was lousy in preseason; and he has been lousy in 2 games so far in the regular season.

The question is, has he just lost a step with age and injury? Or was he never really the type of guy who could carry a team offensively without the help of some pretty good teammates. I tend to think it's the former. He looked pretty good beating Houston in the playoffs after Durant went down.

It's worth noting that JRue is probably the best perimeter defender in the game at the moment. He is making Curry's life tough. That won't happen every game.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1874 » by LyricalRico » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:05 pm

DCZards wrote:
bsilver wrote:Love listening to Hubie Brown announce the Warriors Bucks game. Googled his name to see his age. 87. Right at the top of search list is a bunch of tweets saying he sounds old and shouldn’t be announcing any more. Hope no one pays attention to this garbage.

Funny...I just did the same thing: Google Hubie’s age. I think it’s time for him to step down and make way for someone younger.

Hubie didn't sound too good today, but hopefully he was just a little under the weather and nothing serious. And younger doesn't necessarily mean better (see Richard Jefferson, Chris Webber, etc). My biggest concern is I don't want 2020 getting any ideas. :pray:
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1875 » by LyricalRico » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:11 pm

nate33 wrote:Has Curry lost a step? He was lousy in the first 5 games he played last year before the injury; he was lousy in preseason; and he has been lousy in 2 games so far in the regular season.

I actually think it's a combination of both. I think Steph needed others more than we realized, especially considering the amount of damage he does off the ball. Yes he was great against Houston, but then again lots of people look great against Houston in the playoffs lol.

It's also disconcerting that he's looking slow after taking all that time off for an injury that had nothing to do with his lower body. You'd think he'd have fresh legs, but that doesn't seem to be the case. GS might be in for a very long season.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1876 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:24 pm

Dat2U wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:

Absurd overvaluation of Bradley Beal. I thought nate was joking without the green font. Miami made the Finals and both Robinson and Herro are effective and efficient at very young ages. Achiuwa is a stud.

Beal would take away their ball movement and take away their great chemistry. I’m surprised the Heat even entertained adding James Harden.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1877 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:29 pm

Hubie is still solid but Marv Albert the other night was almost unbearable. He sounded out of breath, was mouth breathing loudly, could not keep up with the game action and it was really brutal. He didn’t seem to know the rosters. Easily the worst I’ve ever heard.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1878 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:34 pm

Kelly Oubre is off to a terrible start with GS.

Followed a 3-14 FG shooting with 1-10. Dude is 4–24 and at least one make was a dunk.

Bet they’re having buyer’s remorse.
Bye bye Beal.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1879 » by nate33 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:00 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Absurd overvaluation of Bradley Beal. I thought nate was joking without the green font. Miami made the Finals and both Robinson and Herro are effective and efficient at very young ages. Achiuwa is a stud.

Beal would take away their ball movement and take away their great chemistry. I’m surprised the Heat even entertained adding James Harden.

CCJ, Miami would definitely trade Herro + Achiuwa + 2023 1st for Beal.

Butler + Beal + Bam + Robinson would be a title favorite - particularly if they could keep Dragic and Iguodala. (That's possible if we included a Mo Wagner/Kelly Olynyk swap.)
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1880 » by nate33 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:01 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Kelly Oubre is off to a terrible start with GS.

Followed a 3-14 FG shooting with 1-10. Dude is 4–24 and at least one make was a dunk.

Bet they’re having buyer’s remorse.

They signed him on a one-year deal so they could use him as ballast in a trade in case Giannis resigned.

Giannis has resigned so expect an Olynyk trade before the deadline.

Return to Washington Wizards