Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Re: Giannis SIGNS 

Post#1101 » by HKPackFan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:02 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
TD75 wrote:He is slower than what he used to be. I guess he believes he can move people around and force the issue than actually learn how to play basketball.

Sorry, but I prefer the version of Giannis from 2 years ago.

It'd be okay if he developed that kind of game wouldnt it? He hasn't at all.

Yup, hasn't improved on anything, that's why his numbers have improved across the board. Dribble moves, finishing at the basket without dunks, the turn around in the post, rebounding.

The turn around post is what I'm most excited about. He showed it a decent amount last year then went away from it in the bubble.

Edit: people say if he can hit the 3 he's unguardable... But the turn around jumper in the post is unguardable...if he can hit that shot consistently, he doesn't even need the 3.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,020

Post#1102 » by Magic Giannison » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:57 pm

Free throws. **** free throws.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#1103 » by humanrefutation » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:06 am

Free throws are obviously a problem, and they'll become more influential as he learns to operate more effectively from the post and gets fouled more often.

But I'm started to get sick of the early shot clock 3.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1104 » by Bucksfan28 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:13 am

humanrefutation wrote:Free throws are obviously a problem, and they'll become more influential as he learns to operate more effectively from the post and gets fouled more often.

But I'm started to get sick of the early shot clock 3.

Starting? :lol:
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#1105 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:14 am

Trying to remember. Was it Serge Ibaka who ruined Giannis’ free throws?
Do it for Chuck
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,567

Post#1106 » by TroyD92 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:18 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
TD75 wrote:He is slower than what he used to be. I guess he believes he can move people around and force the issue than actually learn how to play basketball.

Yup, hasn't improved on anything, that's why his numbers have improved across the board. Dribble moves, finishing at the basket without dunks, the turn around in the post, rebounding.

Did I say he hasnt improved anything? Or do you just like putting words in my mouth? His game hasn't developed meaningfully in any particular direction. He's flashed a few things, but has never consistently shown any of them to be actual parts of his game. He doesnt have a consistent post game. He doesnt have a consistent pull up game. He doesnt really have anything that's a go to move. It should be atleast a bit worrying at this stage of his career imo.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1107 » by TroyD92 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:18 am

jakecronus8 wrote:Trying to remember. Was it Serge Ibaka who ruined Giannis’ free throws?

pretty sure it was that shot doctor guy lol.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1108 » by TroyD92 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:23 am

Unless you consider that telegraphed and scouted to death eurostep as a go to move I guess.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1109 » by TD75 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:33 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Numbers improve with usage.

His dribbling is worse. Much more open. Watch Giannis vs Toronto in the first round of playoffs and tell me he did not have a tighter dribble then. Now, there are many times in the game he almost loses the ball in his first step.

His finishing at the basket is not better, it is more frequent, since he is now more like a big. No one stopped Giannis 2-3 years ago when he was next to the basket. They could bump him away, which I assume is the reason why he developed to current Giannis. I disagree this is a positive development for him to the extent that it messes up with his agility/reactions.

The turn around move he has he had it 2 years ago too. He was faster.

His rebounding increased the moment Bud came. Bud installed a system where Bucks stopped giving away rebounds and Giannis naturally grabs most of them because he can and also because the offense is built around him bringing the ball up fast.

His shooting is not improved, in fact I remember him 2 years ago taking turn around jumpers from the baseline consistently and making them. Where was this move last year? He tries to bring it back this year, but it is not the same (and it would not be the same because he stopped working on it in games).

He needs to decide if he wants to be better than what he is right now, or if this version is good enough for him. Simple as that.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#1110 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:23 am

TroyD92 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Did I say he hasnt improved anything? Or do you just like putting words in my mouth? His game hasn't developed meaningfully in any particular direction. He's flashed a few things, but has never consistently shown any of them to be actual parts of his game. He doesnt have a consistent post game. He doesnt have a consistent pull up game. He doesnt really have anything that's a go to move. It should be atleast a bit worrying at this stage of his career imo.

Yeah if he doesn't develop something soon, I don't know how he'll break his own record for highest PER in NBA history.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#1111 » by emunney » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:25 am

TroyD92 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Trying to remember. Was it Serge Ibaka who ruined Giannis’ free throws?

Drake "The Shot Doctor" Drakeson
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#1112 » by emunney » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:31 am

When Giannis *shoots* his FT, the wrist flicks, etc., he gets it over the front of the rim and makes the vast majority of them. When he tries to guide it all the way through his motion he almost always leaves it short. Often extremely short. His head is **** up.

I've said it a million times but he's clearly thinking about how he should be shooting FTs while he's shooting FTs and that's the one thing you absolutely can not think about.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#1113 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:59 am

emunney wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Drake "The Shot Doctor" Drakeson

From what I recall, Giannis was shooting something close to 80% from the line, then a player (thought it was Ibaka) pointed out to the refs it was a 10 second violation. He got whistled for it a couple times and hasn’t been the same since. Maybe I’m remembering it wrong
Do it for Chuck
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1114 » by TroyD92 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:31 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Yeah if he doesn't develop something soon, I don't know how he'll break his own record for highest PER in NBA history.

Yeah and never win a championship, but go off or whatever
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#1115 » by Prez » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:36 am

He looks out of shape and rusty tbh. I’m so glad the Nets game is like 3.5 weeks away because he really needs the time to work himself into better shape and better form. Think the team as a whole will be clicking much better by then too
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#1116 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:38 am

TroyD92 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Neither had LeBron or Jordan at Giannis's age.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#1117 » by Mags FTW » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:31 am

He has one of the smallest egos of any superstar. If anyone would be willing to try shooting free throws underhand, it's him.

theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,800

Post#1118 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:00 am

Anthony Mason used to step over the foul line as often as he could, taking his FTA as a Buck. But Giannis can't have 13 seconds to achieve his Zen?

Maybe he needs a Gyrostep FT technique akin to that Mason leanthrow.

Really though he's just got to get that old long pause reduced to a faster release, without thinking about what he's doing.

Just shoot em & tune everything negative out. It's a long season. There's plenty of time to get in the zone for the playoffs.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1119 » by TroyD92 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:09 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Neither had LeBron or Jordan at Giannis's age.

If you dont see the discrepancy in Giannis and Lebrons game I dont know what to tell you.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,621

Post#1120 » by StickeeFingaz » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:52 pm

Pretty sure I heard an interview with Giannis this offseason in which he mentioned he mainly worked on his perimeter game, which was disappointing to hear.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks