ImageImageImage

Lonzo Ball, John Collins, or Lauri Markkanen?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Re: Lonzo Ball, John Collins, or Lauri Markkanen? 

Post#21 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:52 pm

arkuo wrote:Noticed that Atlanta played John Collins at C today so Gallinari can play PF.

If they really want to keep Collins, we can send them James Johnson for Clint Capela. Salaries match straight up. They take Capela's salary off their books, and use the savings to re-sign Collins for themselves. We get a defensive PF/C to play opposite KP.

I'd like that. But do you think they'd actually trade Capela? I think they'd try and find a way to trade Gallinari instead.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#22 » by King Ken » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:54 pm

arkuo wrote:Noticed that Atlanta played John Collins at C today so Gallinari can play PF.

If they really want to keep Collins, we can send them James Johnson for Clint Capela. Salaries match straight up. They take Capela's salary off their books, and use the savings to re-sign Collins for themselves. We get a defensive PF/C to play opposite KP.

Are you trading us KP? I honestly like 10 of our guys over everyone on your team not named Luka and to a lesser degree, KP.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#23 » by ejs78 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:01 pm

We all know Capela is injured right?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,348

Post#24 » by dakomish23 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:21 pm

Collins

Ball

Lauri
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,348

Post#25 » by dakomish23 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Some other 2nd draft candidates to look at in no particular order

Bamba
Bagley
Miles Bridges
Simons
Knox
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Henry Turner
Starter
And1: 97

Post#26 » by Henry Turner » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:07 am

I’ll be fine overpaying Collins.
Like Lonzo with Luka too. Not a fan of lauri at all.
"I can promise to be sincere, but not to be impartial" Goethe
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#27 » by arkuo » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:04 am

At this point, even if we manage to give $35M to Collins, it won't be enough to beat the Lakers
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:45 am

arkuo wrote:At this point, even if we manage to give $35M to Collins, it won't be enough to beat the Lakers

Well, Collins first year would have to be at like $28 million or something like that. But you're right, it's not enough; however, the Lakers will lose some players in the offseason and maybe the Mavs can sign some for the vet min. Or maybe they make some trades. Collins by himself isn't enough, but it's a start.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:46 am

dakomish23 wrote:Some other 2nd draft candidates to look at in no particular order

Bamba
Bagley
Miles Bridges
Simons
Knox

Are they RFAs next year though? I don't think so since they were from a different draft.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:47 am

Henry Turner wrote:I’ll be fine overpaying Collins.
Like Lonzo with Luka too. Not a fan of lauri at all.

Lonzo intrigues me, but I think the Mavs are fine with their guards right now. However, JRicha and THJ could both leave in the offseason and Tyrell Terry still looks pretty raw.

Lauri is a hard no for me.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#31 » by Mr B » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:24 am

I know Lauri is the obvious target from the Bulls however what about Wendel Carter? They Mavs claim he was going to be their pick if they couldn’t get Luka. He also does fit next to KP. Would the Bulls give him up? If so for how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#32 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:05 pm

I think the obvious target from the Bulls for Dallas is OPJ. He seems to be back in for this year. I wonder how a small lineup of PG / Richardson / Doncic / OPJ / KP would fare? Or would rebounding be too big an issue.

Wendel doesnt seem like a fit at all. He cant shoot, is a one position defender for the most part (C) and just seems so average overall. Paying him would be foolish IMO.

As a Portland fan, I think Dallas could be smart to roll the dice on Zach Collins. He is likely out the whole season, making nearly 2 seasons lost to injury. But that means he could come cheap and if healthy he could form a great defensive trio with Maxi and KP. I even wonder if he could be had for the Room MLE at this point. Jettison Powell using a pick(s) and create near 30M cap space. Offer 15M to OPJ and 15M to De'Vonte Graham?

G - De'Vonte Graham / Jalen Brunson / Tyrell Terry
G - Josh Richardson / Josh Green / Trey Burke
F - Luka Doncic / Dorian Finney-Smith
F - Otto Porter Jr / Zach Collins (Room MLE) / Tyler Bey
C - Kristaps Porzingis / Maxi Kleber / Boban Marjanovic (Vet Min)

IDK, just thinking outside the box. Graham likely cost more than 15 in the end.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#33 » by Mr B » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:14 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:I think the obvious target from the Bulls for Dallas is OPJ. He seems to be back in for this year. I wonder how a small lineup of PG / Richardson / Doncic / OPJ / KP would fare? Or would rebounding be too big an issue.

Wendel doesnt seem like a fit at all. He cant shoot, is a one position defender for the most part (C) and just seems so average overall. Paying him would be foolish IMO.

As a Portland fan, I think Dallas could be smart to roll the dice on Zach Collins. He is likely out the whole season, making nearly 2 seasons lost to injury. But that means he could come cheap and if healthy he could form a great defensive trio with Maxi and KP. I even wonder if he could be had for the Room MLE at this point. Jettison Powell using a pick(s) and create near 30M cap space. Offer 15M to OPJ and 15M to De'Vonte Graham?

G - De'Vonte Graham / Jalen Brunson / Tyrell Terry
G - Josh Richardson / Josh Green / Trey Burke
F - Luka Doncic / Dorian Finney-Smith
F - Otto Porter Jr / Zach Collins (Room MLE) / Tyler Bey
C - Kristaps Porzingis / Maxi Kleber / Boban Marjanovic (Vet Min)

IDK, just thinking outside the box. Graham likely cost more than 15 in the end.

Rebounding would definitely be an issue with that lineup. That’s been one of their problems this season so far. They haven’t been very good at rebounding or second chance points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Dallas Mavericks