And1: 107

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#941 » by itzmrgigglez » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:39 pm

Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#942 » by Balkman32 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:38 pm

cjmcallist wrote:Anyone have interest in John Collins for future picks? Accelerate the rebuild too much?

I'm also trying to get a feel for what Presti's definition of young is. I was hoping we'd keep Oubre, but that wasn't even on Presti's radar.

Nope. The acceleration of the rebuild will happen when they hit in the draft.

The Thunder have their 4 of the future in Bazley & no interest in trading firsts.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#943 » by Balkman32 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:40 pm

NYG wrote:George Hill, Trevor Ariza and '21 Conditional Warriors 1st for Dennis Smith Jr.?

No. Thunder have no interest in dealing a first. Plus, Shai is the PG. no need to add a guy that needs a new contract soon.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,167

Post#944 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:36 pm

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#945 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:25 am

I remember wondering after the Schroder trade if we should have tried to get Horton-Tucker because a lot of people were really high on him coming out of the draft. This is just what the lakers needed is to find a stud in the draft. At least we didn’t trade him away for cash like the magic.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Post#946 » by cjmcallist » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:36 pm

itzmrgigglez wrote:https://www.complex.com/sports/best-nba-players-24-and-under/?utm_source=hive&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=hive_email_id_59478&h_sid=9b7cd1a628-599f5b3fdabded5b3dc76162

If we could use the assets gathered and get a player Off this list, we’d be on a faster track to a chip

This was my thought process on Collins - those guys don't really come available often. Most players on that list aren't going anywhere for years.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#947 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:40 am

Read on Twitter
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,017

Post#948 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:45 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pretty much. Already thought about it. Presti would be stupid to accept this without asking for something more. It will make Miami better for this year and no way the 2023 Miami pick will be good. Removing the protection isn't good for us, just neutral.

I'm not really sure what Presti can get though...RIley & Houston FO won't be happy about Presti asking for value but they badly need him to accept to remove the protection of that pick.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#949 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:09 pm

I’ve thought this for a while but I would ask the the pelicans about their asking price for Jaxon Hayes. He hasn’t shown much but hasn’t been given much of a chance. It would give Presti an athletic project to develop. I still have hopes for Evan Mobley but Diallo-Like athleticism is more exciting in a center than a shooting guard for me. Bamba is another guy worth a look.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#950 » by getrichordie » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:40 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but a buddy of mine who is a Hawks fan seems to think that Collins is perfect for OKC. He's going to want to get paid and we have around $70M in cap space. While Collins does feel very much like a a Presti type, I wonder if he sees him as a piece that could compliment SGA over the 4 years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#951 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:25 pm

getrichordie wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned, but a buddy of mine who is a Hawks fan seems to think that Collins is perfect for OKC. He's going to want to get paid and we have around $70M in cap space. While Collins does feel very much like a a Presti type, I wonder if he sees him as a piece that could compliment SGA over the 4 years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collins is pretty bad defensively. Schroder had a bad defensive season and reputation when we traded for him, but when he first came in to the league his defensive reputation was much better. Russ was a defender in college. Even when we traded for or had key players that were bad defenders, they had a basis for hope of improvement. I don’t watch a ton of hawks games but is does Collins have much hope for improvement defensively? Not sure.

I wonder if Presti really wants a player like Collins on the roster, especially at the cost it would take to get him. My guess is Sam wants to give Bazley more time to develop. If Atlanta moves JC, I don’t see them wanting picks or our current vets on the roster. They probably want a young wing. I would trade for Collins but I’m not wanting to pay for him like he’s an all star even if he becomes one.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#952 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:13 pm

My heart says : trade for Collins and pay him. My brain says no.

Pretty sure another team would offer more assets than Presti for him anyway. And if he becomes a RFA, well maybe it's worth a try.
Woerzboerg
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#953 » by Woerzboerg » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:42 am

I would not trade for Collins, this would be a waste of assets in my Opinion. If we get our franchise-player in next years draft (best case would be Cade Cunningham, obviously), I would try an offersheet for Collins. We don't have much to lose with it, because he will be an expiering or even gone when we have to give new contracts to our draftees from 2020 and 2021. So his contract wouldn't hurt us and we have to pay the floor anyway.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#954 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:58 am

Shai and Collins are both guys that don't look to be number one options on a contender. We aren't sure if they are a number 2 or 3 option. Collins has been in the league a year longer. My guess is best case scenario is Shai is a number 2 option and Collins is a number 3. We run the risk of lowering the ceiling of the rebuild too soon trading for talented but questionable pieces.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#955 » by spearsy23 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:42 pm

We need to prioritize quality wings, using assets to upgrade the bigs doesn't make a ton of sense unless you're getting an all star caliber guy or someone who can guard the perimeter.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#956 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:10 pm

spearsy23 wrote:We need to prioritize quality wings, using assets to upgrade the bigs doesn't make a ton of sense unless you're getting an all star caliber guy or someone who can guard the perimeter.

Wings are not a problem. You can count on Presti to draft some very athletic wing that can't shoot
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 906

Post#957 » by retrobro90 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:11 pm

Think I'm out on Collins. Weird culture fit with what OKC has right now. Not much of a passer and I think he'd ultimately be unhappy in OKC over the rebuild. He's almost guaranteed a max given the lame crop of available RFA's. I like Atlanta starting him at the 5 against Chicago the other night though and think that's probably the best role for him/ATL despite the Capela trade.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#958 » by retrobro90 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:13 pm

I kind of wonder about Lonzo though. Not saying I would or wouldn't sign him to an offer sheet but I think his market is gonna be well below the max despite having a more valuable skill set than Collins imo.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#959 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:15 pm

retrobro90 wrote:I kind of wonder about Lonzo though. Not saying I would or wouldn't sign him to an offer sheet but I think his market is gonna be well below the max despite having a more valuable skill set than Collins imo.

It kind of feels like New Orleans will have to keep him unless kyra Lewis breaks in to the rotation.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#960 » by retrobro90 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:21 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:I kind of wonder about Lonzo though. Not saying I would or wouldn't sign him to an offer sheet but I think his market is gonna be well below the max despite having a more valuable skill set than Collins imo.

It kind of feels like New Orleans will have to keep him unless kyra Lewis breaks in to the rotation.

Kira could, NAW could, lots of PG free agents too (Dinwiddie, Rose, Conley, Lowry etc). They obviously weren't able to agree on an extension with Zo so it's at least a fluid situation right now.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder