ImageImageImage

Heat vs Pelicants Christmas Show 12/25/2020 @ Noon Cleansing starts now

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Re: Heat vs Pelicants Christmas Show 12/25/2020 @ Noon Cleansing starts now 

Post#641 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:03 pm

Bro......if 1 of Precious/Bam gets a consistent J good enough to play both at the same time, YES. WE. DID.
:hug:
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,425

Post#642 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:45 pm

I thought Herro played better then his stats indicate. He took some bail outs clock running down shots, but overall played more under control - he's showing great flashes of creating for others, getting to the paint consistently.

He's slowly mastering the delicate art of being an aggressive scorer while setting up his team mates and not turning the ball over.

Oh, and his defense is improving.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#643 » by Vertical Limit » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:13 pm

Beenie wrote:
Vertical Limit wrote:Goran proving he is worth every bit of that extension we gave him...

Avery Bradley is a wayyy better player than Crowder..

After 1 game Bradley is better than Crowder, eh?

Hopefully he doesn’t miss 20-30 games this year per usual.

And the comparison really doesn’t make sense because it wasn’t one or the other nor do they play the same position. The better and more appropriate comparison is Harkless and Crowder and I don’t think there are any Heat fans claiming that Moe is their guy between the two.

Bradley can guard 1 to 3 and some 4s and is a far better man to man defender than Crowder has ever been. Hes been on the all nba first and second defensive team. His offensive game is more rounded than Crowder who is far more one dimensional. Yes, he is a better player.

Those are all facts.
MarxyLebronist
Senior
And1: 330

Post#644 » by MarxyLebronist » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:04 pm

Achiuwa is so good. Great pick. Room for improvement but his head is in the game, his motor is always running, and he was looking POLISHED on D by second half yesterday against max salary young bigs. This is an awesome story so far. Haliburton is my personal fave rookie overall, but Achiuwa is running a close second.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#645 » by Zasterror » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:40 pm

Give Herro more time. Being in the PG position is the hardest position in basketball. He has the tools, he just needs to continue to refined them. He will get better, pressure either bust pipes or make diamonds. Either way, he is still a future stud.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#646 » by Zasterror » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:
Beenie wrote:
Vertical Limit wrote:Goran proving he is worth every bit of that extension we gave him...

And the comparison really doesn’t make sense because it wasn’t one or the other nor do they play the same position. The better and more appropriate comparison is Harkless and Crowder and I don’t think there are any Heat fans claiming that Moe is their guy between the two.

Bradley can guard 1 to 3 and some 4s and is a far better man to man defender than Crowder has ever been. Hes been on the all nba first and second defensive team. His offensive game is more rounded than Crowder who is far more one dimensional. Yes, he is a better player.

Those are all facts.

Putting 6'2 AB on a 4 is a recipe for disaster. AB is a terrific defender, not doubt about it but what make Jae so great for us in particular is that he can can guard 2's, 3's, 4's and certain 5s when need be due to his size. AB is very pesky and will solve our PoA defense but his 3 ball and health have never been reliable. I can only hope AB would provide similar impact that Jae brought to us; Jae's 3 ball was scary good for us while being a more impactful defender in our scheme. AB could do more with the ball in his hands yes but lets not be quick to compare him and Jae yet. Its way too early and its his first game.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,317

Post#647 » by Beenie » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:46 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:
Beenie wrote:

Those are all facts.

Well done on closing out an argument by proclaiming it to be factual when the argument is partially based on your opinion.

For the record, Crowder can guard 2-4 and some 5's. I suppose his similar range of defensive versatility means that it nullifies Bradley's then.

I'd argue that Crowder's 3 point shooting is more useful to Mia than anything Bradley brings to the table offensively.

And again, this comparison isn't really a good one. The more relevant comparison is Crowder to Harkless which you conveniently haven't addressed.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,806

Post#648 » by KingDavid » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:10 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Read on Twitter

How?! How in the hell does he move his feet so damn well?!
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,658

Post#649 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:43 pm

Beenie wrote:Well done on closing out an argument by proclaiming it to be factual when the argument is partially based on your opinion.

For the record, Crowder can guard 2-4 and some 5's. I suppose his similar range of defensive versatility means that it nullifies Bradley's then.

I'd argue that Crowder's 3 point shooting is more useful to Mia than anything Bradley brings to the table offensively.

And again, this comparison isn't really a good one. The more relevant comparison is Crowder to Harkless which you conveniently haven't addressed.

Harkless is more like a replacement for DJJ. Achiuwa/KZ and I guess Iggy can be looked at replacing Crowder. With them and AB’s defensive tenacity and high bball IQ we arent missing the guy.
Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#650 » by Mars » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:44 pm

For their careers — Avery is actually a better three-point shooter than Jae:

• Avery has shot .364 FG3 on 3.6 attempts per game
• Jae has shot .339 FG3 on 4.2 attempts per game

• Avery has 7 seasons of shooting 35% or higher when taking 3 or more attempts per game
• Jae has 2 seasons of shooting 35% or higher (one of them took place this past year)
GUTS™
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,206

Post#651 » by twix2500 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:12 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:I thought Herro played better then his stats indicate. He took some bail outs clock running down shots, but overall played more under control - he's showing great flashes of creating for others, getting to the paint consistently.

He's slowly mastering the delicate art of being an aggressive scorer while setting up his team mates and not turning the ball over.

I just rewatched the game up to mid 3 Q. I will finish a little later. But I do not think Herro ran point enough to call him a point guard. He only ran point 2 times in the 1st quarter. 4 times in the second. He struggled a bit but had a couple of good possessions. The third was quite telling about his role when Jimmy didn't return, Iguodala was running point and Herro was play the corner 4 on offense.

Oppose to game one, Herro ran point more in the first 5 mins than he did in the 2 and half quarters of game 2. I guess you can say he improved but his opportunities at point were a whole lot less. Most of the 1st half Jimmy and Dragic ran point.

Will watch the end of the second half in a few to see how many possessions he had as point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,714

Post#652 » by AirP. » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:17 pm

dean456 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Feel like we need to work towards a way to close games with both Bam and Precious in the lineup by the end of the season.

Really would like to see Spo start to mix in some regular pick and pop action for Bam and see how he performs from 3. If Bam can unlock his inner Bosh and Achuiwa can take Bam's current role that would be a recipe for disaster for opposing teams.

I'd start Leonard or KZ if he eventually works his way into the rotation then have Precious come off the bench and play with Dragic as they have been playing great together but then I'd have Precious close with Bam.

Precious didn't have a summer league, he's had only weeks to work with the Miami coaches, it's actually a tribute to his talent that he's actually getting minutes on the court now. How about Miami lets him get use to the NBA strength, speed, get a better grasp of how good players are in the NBA and learn/scout players before Miami tosses him into situations where it's win or lose, teams are going to learn what Precious can and can't do and with that, play towards his weaknesses. Miami has time and it's nice having another Bam prototype on the court when Bam is off the court, it should help the defense greatly.

Still don't get this KZ push other then he's a new toy for the fans, he had the game of his life and also a horrific game in the summer league and had he not looked so scared in that first game I wouldn't of thought much about it. Also, he's not as talented as Precious who once again, should have been drafted closer to the top 10 than 20th. Strus didn't shoot well his first game but he looked confident, not sure where all the hate came from, the same can't be said of KZ and that's an issue.
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#653 » by Beenie » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:43 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
Beenie wrote:Well done on closing out an argument by proclaiming it to be factual when the argument is partially based on your opinion.

Harkless is more like a replacement for DJJ. Achiuwa/KZ and I guess Iggy can be looked at replacing Crowder. With them and AB’s defensive tenacity and high bball IQ we arent missing the guy.

Harkless started the first game of the season at the 4 which was Crowder's spot.

Not to mention the general rhetoric by the local media that pegged Harkless as Jae's replacement.

I personally never looked at him as DJJ's replacement, though he might surely wind up becoming an afterthought benchwarmer like how DJJ was during the playoffs.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#654 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:12 pm

Either way we’re not missing crowder so i’m not too worried about the semantics of who replaced who. Im ecstatic to have an all nba defender like Bradley here.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#655 » by twix2500 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:29 pm

twix2500 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:I thought Herro played better then his stats indicate. He took some bail outs clock running down shots, but overall played more under control - he's showing great flashes of creating for others, getting to the paint consistently.

I just rewatched the game up to mid 3 Q. I will finish a little later. But I do not think Herro ran point enough to call him a point guard. He only ran point 2 times in the 1st quarter. 4 times in the second. He struggled a bit but had a couple of good possessions. The third was quite telling about his role when Jimmy didn't return, Iguodala was running point and Herro was play the corner 4 on offense.

Oppose to game one, Herro ran point more in the first 5 mins than he did in the 2 and half quarters of game 2. I guess you can say he improved but his opportunities at point were a whole lot less. Most of the 1st half Jimmy and Dragic ran point.

Will watch the end of the second half in a few to see how many possessions he had as point.

Okay just watched mid 3rd till the end. Wow Herro did not look good and barely ran point, maybe 2 possessions in the second half. Herro started the fourth with Bradley, Harkless, Robinson and Bam. That unit did terrible. Pelicans shrunk the lead to 5. Herro run point one possession then Bam ran point with that unit. Dragic comes in then Herro moved to the 3 and 2 spot with Bradley and Dragic as gaurds. Herro looked more comfortable but still struggled.

Quite disappointed, I missed this half of the game yesterday. Most of the game Herro played the spot up corner. The first two games you can't dressed this up to help Herro, he is struggling. I was hoping to see him flourish in his more trading role. But he is struggling with that as well. He got to fight thru this. Not sure how many games he will get playing like this but fight through it Herro.

Dragic is playing tremendous for an old one legged man. Precious muscled the Hornets when they went small. Im am so glad most are appreciating Bradley defense. He is a pit bull. Dragic and Bradley backcourt tandem chemistry looks great.

If Spo sits Butler, I would be inclined to start Nunn with Herro. To see if summer league chemistry kicks in. While Bradley and Dragic tandem comes off the bench. Without Butler the starting unit needs scoring. Herro is not ready to be a sole ball handler on the court.

twix2500
RealGM

Post#656 » by twix2500 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:35 pm

Whatever Spo is doing with KZ i hope its working. Harkless, I do not know fellas. Only 9 mins for Harkless, can't be long before KZ has to be given Harkless mins.

Also for God sakes, I do not want to hear Jefferson call a game for the rest of my life. You can't be having announcers talking about well back in the 90s. Bro that was 20 plus years ago. There are grown adults who never seen the 90s or were alive in the 90s.

The past two generations do not want to hear about a foul in the 80s or 90s. I sho didn't want to hear about fouls in the 60s while watching 90s bball. My old heads need to stop

twix2500
RealGM

Post#657 » by twix2500 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:00 am

The difference between game 1 and 2 is the Heat went back to their more traditional offense aka find Duncan Robinson through Bams hands and that along with Dragic won the game. I want the ball more in Bams hands especially with Butler hobbling. That mid ranger jumper in full use with the rest of his game. I know its early and Bam averaging 21, 7 and 3. But I think Bam can be 23, 9 and 5.

Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#658 » by Beenie » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:24 am

Kobewade11 wrote:Either way we’re not missing crowder so i’m not too worried about the semantics of who replaced who. Im ecstatic to have an all nba defender like Bradley here.

Couldn't disagree more.

So far, the non-Crowder options have been Harkless and Leonard.

I rest my case.

Again, implying that Bradley has been Crowder's replacement is baseless.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#659 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:06 am

Beenie wrote:
Couldn't disagree more.

I rest my case.

Leonard looked pretty good yesterday, maybe you didnt watch. And you're the only one stuck on this Bradley being a "replacement" for Crowder crap, Vertical Limit just said AB is a better player which he is.
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#660 » by Beenie » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:46 am

Kobewade11 wrote:
Beenie wrote:
Couldn't disagree more.

I rest my case.

Leonard looked pretty good yesterday, maybe you didnt watch. And you're the only one stuck on this Bradley being a "replacement" for Crowder crap, Vertical Limit just said AB is a better player which he is.

Maybe you didn't watch the entire playoffs last year in which Leonard was regulated to a bench role.

One 20 minute game in which Meyers scored 9 points is not enough of a sample size to convince me of anything.

FYI, it's ok to be a devout fan AND to lament about roster mistakes.

Return to Miami Heat