ImageImageImageImage

2020 Offseason: Trade Ideas / Trade Talk

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Anfernee1
Senior
And1: 431

Re: 2020 Offseason: Trade Ideas / Trade Talk 

Post#261 » by Anfernee1 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:17 am

When is the last time Magic made a blockbuster trade?
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,046

Post#262 » by The Real Dalic » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:53 am

Anfernee1 wrote:When is the last time Magic made a blockbuster trade?

When we traded Oladipo and Sabonis to the Thunder for Ibaka. A trade we lost.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Anfernee1
Senior
And1: 431

Post#263 » by Anfernee1 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:24 am

The Real Dalic wrote:

I forgot about that, it is one of the stupidest trades Magic ever did
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,260

Post#264 » by pepe1991 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:27 am

Anfernee1 wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:

Esencially traded 2 future allstars for backup SG ( Ross) :rockon:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,901

Post#265 » by drsd » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:10 am

Anfernee1 wrote:I forgot about that, it is one of the stupidest trades Magic ever did

Orlando had to choose between Oladipo and Fournier; the other "had" to be traded.

The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#266 » by The Effect » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:27 pm

Anfernee1 wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:

I didn't think they could top the stupidity of the tobias trade..... Boy was I wrong
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,712

Post#267 » by basketballRob » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:40 pm

A lot of buzz around the Celtics targeting Gordon. They have a TPE and a couple young players, Nesmith and Langford.

https://heavy.com/sports/boston-celtics/aaron-gordon-trade-magic/

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#268 » by RookieStar » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:59 pm

basketballRob wrote:A lot of buzz around the Celtics targeting Gordon. They have a TPE and a couple young players, Nesmith and Langford.

https://heavy.com/sports/boston-celtics/aaron-gordon-trade-magic/

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Yeah.. just say NO to the Celts. Their GM won't do an equal value trade.. he always wants where he get sll the advantages and unless Nesmith has shown something, Langfor and etc is a meh.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,293

Post#269 » by Knightro » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:25 am

basketballRob wrote:A lot of buzz around the Celtics targeting Gordon. They have a TPE and a couple young players, Nesmith and Langford.

This is interesting. The Celtics are roughly 15.7M under the luxury tax and Gordon makes 18.1M, so Boston would definitely want to send some salary back to the Magic to stay under the tax. Obviously Orlando would not be interested in punting him into their TPE anyway, so they would want some players in return.

Boston is obviously not trading Tatum, Brown or Smart for Gordon and I can't imagine the Magic would have much interest in Kemba given his salary/age/injuries.

What the Celtics do have is a bunch of guys on rookie contracts, five of them in fact. Romeo Langford, Aaron Nesmith, Robert Williams, Grant Williams and Payton Pritchard. Plus the Celtics have all of their 1st round picks moving forward.

Romeo Langford has barely played because of injuries, including wrist surgery that's going to keep him out this year until probably February. He's not likely a guy who would be able to help the Magic much this year, but he's still just 21 years old and would give the Magic a young prospect at SG that they are currently lacking.

Aaron Nesmith wasn't a guy I liked all that much in the pre-draft process because I just didn't see much of a skill set outside of his shooting. That said... shooting is always at a premium in the NBA and like Langford he would provide the Magic with a young prospect at SF which they absolutely lack at the moment.

Robert Williams may have the most upside of the whole bunch, but the Magic already have a young center on a rookie contract who can't get on the floor. If the Magic were willing to trade Bamba (or to a lesser extent Birch), I'd be much more interested, but otherwise I don't see him as a great fit.

Payton Pritchard was overdrafted, but I think he has enough shooting and passing to stick in the NBA as a backup PG. Like Robert Williams, however, the Magic already have two young PGs that need to play, so is there a way for Pritchard to get on the floor for the Magic anytime soon?

Grant Williams is the guy I would definitely want back. I *loved* him in the pre-draft process (more than Okeke candidly) and have really like the way the Celtics use him as a switch defender. Like Okeke, I think Williams has elite role player skills and is going to be a guy who brings a lot to the table and doesn't take much off it.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,152

Post#270 » by zaymon » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:46 pm

What i would want to do is package Gordon with 1 of 2 other players for upgrade. If thats not available i would want multiple future draft picks. One late future frp is not moving the needle much. I am not thrilled with Langford or Williams for us.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#271 » by Max Power » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:07 pm

I would agree with Zaymon here, I’d want some of that Celtics stockpile of draft picks if we’re trading Gordon to them. Their young guards really don’t interest me. I would be interested in a Gordon and Fournier package if it netted us Jaylen Brown and some of those picks. Won’t pretend to know anything about cap implications on either side, I just know we need a star level wing and Jaylen Brown fits the mold. Add him with what we’ve got and the Magic will have some prospects.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#272 » by tiderulz » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:17 pm

Max Power wrote:I would agree with Zaymon here, I’d want some of that Celtics stockpile of draft picks if we’re trading Gordon to them. Their young guards really don’t interest me. I would be interested in a Gordon and Fournier package if it netted us Jaylen Brown and some of those picks. Won’t pretend to know anything about cap implications on either side, I just know we need a star level wing and Jaylen Brown fits the mold. Add him with what we’ve got and the Magic will have some prospects.

AG and Evan wont get us Brown.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#273 » by RookieStar » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:15 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Max Power wrote:I would agree with Zaymon here, I’d want some of that Celtics stockpile of draft picks if we’re trading Gordon to them. Their young guards really don’t interest me. I would be interested in a Gordon and Fournier package if it netted us Jaylen Brown and some of those picks. Won’t pretend to know anything about cap implications on either side, I just know we need a star level wing and Jaylen Brown fits the mold. Add him with what we’ve got and the Magic will have some prospects.

AG and Evan wont get us Brown.

Unless additional picks from us are involved..but it's the same in the other end. They aren't getting AG unless Brown is involved ( if we declined POR offer is any indication of AG's value)

Thus, bad trade partner with the Celts.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,602

Post#274 » by Skybox » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:56 pm

Didn't the Celts stockpile of picks just run out this year? I think they are back to neutral.

I'd be interested in something with Nesmith, although I'd want a little more added to get AG.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#275 » by SD2042 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:54 am

Skybox wrote:Didn't the Celts stockpile of picks just run out this year? I think they are back to neutral.

I'd be interested in something with Nesmith, although I'd want a little more added to get AG.

Their treasure chest is reset to normal status for the first time in a long time. I can't see AG00 in Bos due to Bos not having certain assets the Magic could utilize for future advantages.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#276 » by cedric76 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:17 am

Ainge is so over rated, he got lucky with the NEts trade, no one was expecting the nets to implode that fast

He had a war chest of picks and didn't have the balls to do anything with them

They won't win a title any time soon

He blew it
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#277 » by pepe1991 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:26 am

cedric76 wrote:Ainge is so over rated, he got lucky with the NEts trade, no one was expecting the nets to implode that fast

He blew it

He also traded 1st overall pick to 3rd overall pick - Fultz to Tatum and still got best player from a draft.
He also did not want to resign one hit wonder Isaiah Thomas on big contract.

Saying he is not great at trades is laughable. Nets trade alone is most lobsided trade in nba history.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#278 » by cedric76 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:31 am

pepe1991 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Ainge is so over rated, he got lucky with the NEts trade, no one was expecting the nets to implode that fast

He blew it

He also traded 1st overall pick to 3rd overall pick - Fultz to Tatum and still got best player from a draft.

Saying he is not great at trades is laughable. Nets trade alone is most lobsided trade in nba history.

He got lucky on the nets trade, all those 1st rounders were expected to be late 1sts

He is over rated, he isn't the trade god that fans pretend him to be

BTW fultz will end up better than tatum :-)
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#279 » by pepe1991 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:48 am

cedric76 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

He blew it

He got lucky on the nets trade, all those 1st rounders were expected to be late 1sts

Guy traded 38 years old Garnett and 36 years old Pierce for 3 future, unprotected picks from a team that already had declining Derron Williams.
He knew Nets will have nasty fall after year or two, and that's execlly what happend.
Than he used trade exception of $10M to aquire Isaiash Thomas. Than he traded Isaiash Thomas. Every single move he made was move with purpose and total W in trade department.

lol at last part
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#280 » by tiderulz » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:26 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:He also traded 1st overall pick to 3rd overall pick - Fultz to Tatum and still got best player from a draft.

Guy traded 38 years old Garnett and 36 years old Pierce for 3 future, unprotected picks from a team that already had declining Derron Williams.
He knew Nets will have nasty fall after year or two, and that's execlly what happend.
Than he used trade exception of $10M to aquire Isaiash Thomas. Than he traded Isaiash Thomas. Every single move he made was move with purpose and total W in trade department.

lol at last part

while i agree Ainge has done good on trades. Cmon, that Nets trade of unprotected picks was more based on the inept GM of the Nets, Billy King.

Return to Orlando Magic