Youtube TV, Hulu Live, Sling, Dish

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Re: Youtube TV, Hulu Live, Sling, Dish 

Post#21 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:47 pm

Old Man Game wrote:So last night was the first actual Thunder game via Fox Sports Oklahoma on At&t Tv Now that I watched. It was really bad. I wish I could've posted a pic for you all. During the actual game action it was grainy. Almost like the poor signal "snow" you'd get on an old analog TV but instead of white dots it was tan colored dots. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen on a streaming platform.

To make it even more frustrating, when they'd cut to graphics or back to the studio at halftime, the picture was crystal clear. It was literally just during the live game action. I'm hoping it was some one off. If not I'm going back to the drawing board. 80 bucks a month to be able to watch that? Yeah, no.

The only issue I had with hehe was for about five minutes the okc announcers had an echo in the first half.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#22 » by Old Man Game » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:58 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:So last night was the first actual Thunder game via Fox Sports Oklahoma on At&t Tv Now that I watched. It was really bad. I wish I could've posted a pic for you all. During the actual game action it was grainy. Almost like the poor signal "snow" you'd get on an old analog TV but instead of white dots it was tan colored dots. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen on a streaming platform.

To make it even more frustrating, when they'd cut to graphics or back to the studio at halftime, the picture was crystal clear. It was literally just during the live game action. I'm hoping it was some one off. If not I'm going back to the drawing board. 80 bucks a month to be able to watch that? Yeah, no.

The only issue I had with hehe was for about five minutes the okc announcers had an echo in the first half.

That's so weird. We had the echo thing for a bit too! We thought it was AT&T. Sounds like it literally was on Fox's end.

God dammit. I'm so pissed the NBA allowed this to happen by the way. They never should have tied themselves to these bull Fox RSNs.

Something I was just looking at, apparently Sling TV has a thing called "team pass" where you can literally go month to month for one specific team for $18. Sounds intriguing right? BUT, its still subject to blackout restrictions!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I really hate to even think this, Thunder basketball is a sort of quasi-religion for me. But I might just skip being able to watch the games this year. Maybe catch an illegal stream here and there and just say F it, we're tanking anyway.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

That's so weird. We had the echo thing for a bit too! We thought it was AT&T. Sounds like it literally was on Fox's end.

God dammit. I'm so pissed the NBA allowed this to happen by the way. They never should have tied themselves to these bull Fox RSNs.

Something I was just looking at, apparently Sling TV has a thing called "team pass" where you can literally go month to month for one specific team for $18. Sounds intriguing right? BUT, its still subject to blackout restrictions!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I really hate to even think this, Thunder basketball is a sort of quasi-religion for me. But I might just skip being able to watch the games this year. Maybe catch an illegal stream here and there and just say F it, we're tanking anyway.

I would think that everyone is ultimately tied to the same feed, aren't they? Surely it gets fixed for AT&T. I saw some other people complaining about the feed last night too.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#24 » by spearsy23 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:50 pm

Hehe was good for me as well. I've been really impressed, I've only seen slight stuttering for a few minutes over 4 games I've watched.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:06 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Hehe was good for me as well. I've been really impressed, I've only seen slight stuttering for a few minutes over 4 games I've watched.

Even mirroring from my iphone is smoother than Sling ever was for me.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#26 » by Old Man Game » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:25 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Hehe was good for me as well. I've been really impressed, I've only seen slight stuttering for a few minutes over 4 games I've watched.
Did you end up using a roku to view it? If so, how was it from stand point of the user interface?

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#27 » by spearsy23 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:56 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
Did you end up using a roku to view it? If so, how was it from stand point of the user interface?

Downloaded the unofficial roku app, ui was pretty bare bones but that made it easy, just a list of games to pick from then it brings up the broadcast options.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#28 » by Old Man Game » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:10 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:

Downloaded the unofficial roku app, ui was pretty bare bones but that made it easy, just a list of games to pick from then it brings up the broadcast options.
Very cool. Did you do the thing where you paid using Amazon gift cards?

spearsy23
RealGM

Post#29 » by spearsy23 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:38 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:Did you end up using a roku to view it? If so, how was it from stand point of the user interface?

Yep, just bought a digital card and entered the number on the site. The dude who runs it is very active on reddit, and seems genuine and legitimate, but I still figured it was best to give out as few details as possible.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#30 » by Old Man Game » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:50 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Downloaded the unofficial roku app, ui was pretty bare bones but that made it easy, just a list of games to pick from then it brings up the broadcast options.

Yep, just bought a digital card and entered the number on the site. The dude who runs it is very active on reddit, and seems genuine and legitimate, but I still figured it was best to give out as few details as possible.
And you don't use a VPN or anything like that? I know streaming is technically not illegal so far as I understand it but I'm still somewhat paranoid I must confess.

spearsy23
RealGM

Post#31 » by spearsy23 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:00 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:Very cool. Did you do the thing where you paid using Amazon gift cards?

And you don't use a VPN or anything like that? I know streaming is technically not illegal so far as I understand it but I'm still somewhat paranoid I must confess.

No VPN, I don't believe anyone has ever been prosecuted for consuming pirated material. Definitely not for streaming sports events. Worst case scenario you might get a sternly worded letter from your ISP saying to stop, but even that is generally reserved for illegally downloading large amounts of media.

I don't generally support piracy, but for whatever reason (telecom money) sports leagues refuse to make their product consumer friendly.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#32 » by Old Man Game » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:59 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Yep, just bought a digital card and entered the number on the site. The dude who runs it is very active on reddit, and seems genuine and legitimate, but I still figured it was best to give out as few details as possible.

No VPN, I don't believe anyone has ever been prosecuted for consuming pirated material. Definitely not for streaming sports events. Worst case scenario you might get a sternly worded letter from your ISP saying to stop, but even that is generally reserved for illegally downloading large amounts of media.

I don't generally support piracy, but for whatever reason (telecom money) sports leagues refuse to make their product consumer friendly.
I almost feel like they are leaving people no realistic choice. I'm down to where I literally watch nothing outside of live sports in the pay cable package. Sometimes cable news but the audio stream of those is available for free on tune in radio.

Like I've heard a story that apparently torrenting of TV shows noticeably diminished as Netflix became more popular. People had a legitimate Avenue that wasn't cost-prohibitive and so they took it and stopped stealing. Feel like the NBA and Sports in general should take a lesson from that.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:51 pm

Has it gotten any better the last couple of games?
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Old Man Game » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:12 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:

Has it gotten any better the last couple of games?

Funny you should ask. The Jazz game looked better than the Charlotte game but still objectively bad but then last night's game against Orlando looked perfect, like Youtube TV did. I have no idea if that's on AT&T's end or if it has something to do with my ISP (Cox Cable) but it looked great last night. Now I'm somewhat reconsidering possibly keeping it after all.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder