Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,222

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:18 pm

Other thread maxed out
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#2 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:19 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
machu46 wrote:Video-game related: I ended up not getting Hades for that friend of mine. Talked to his girlfriend and she said he didn’t seem super interested. Got him this bad boy instead:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where'd you get this? My youngest son is a huge Zelda fan and he's the dopest kid on earth so I want to get it for him now!
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#3 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:19 pm

Pff. Nerds.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:20 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:Image

Forgot to post my new PC after talking about building a new one on here for a few weeks. Hope everyone got some fun new gadgets and games to play with over the holidays!
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#5 » by machu46 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:05 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
machu46 wrote:Video-game related: I ended up not getting Hades for that friend of mine. Talked to his girlfriend and she said he didn’t seem super interested. Got him this bad boy instead:

Where'd you get this? My youngest son is a huge Zelda fan and he's the dopest kid on earth so I want to get it for him now!

Just moving this over to the new thread:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/754612669/3d-hyrule-video-game-map-laser-cut-wood

trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#6 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:09 pm

There has either been so much sports on, or I've been tied-up with family/holiday stuff, since my vacation started that I haven't played PS5 at all. When I've been watching TV, I've been playing the POE limited league and been having a blast. I made a crit-based Arc build, and it's so rewarding to develop your own build. It's not going to be the best in end game, and I certainly won't kill Sirus, but it bosses well enough and the clear is awesome. I have some room to scale yet, too.

Expect that I'll really dig into PS5 again this week as during-day games wind down, save for some **** bowl games. Looking forward to getting into Fenyx more. I want to finish the Astro mini-game too - hoping to platinum that one since it's so small (and also so **** fun). Then I'll either pick something up if there's something that catches my eye on sale, going back to P5R, or maybe playing the new full POE league pending reveal.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#7 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:12 pm

I've been getting back into Warzone this weekend and the new MAC-10/DMR meta is ridiculous. MAC-10 melts in close quarters and DMR melts from medium/long range. Seems that you're at a disadvantage if you don't have these weapons.
#FreeChuckDiesel
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#8 » by jschligs » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:26 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:I've been getting back into Warzone this weekend and the new MAC-10/DMR meta is ridiculous. MAC-10 melts in close quarters and DMR melts from medium/long range. Seems that you're at a disadvantage if you don't have these weapons.

It’s broken the game IMO. Until it gets nerfed I’m not enjoying it.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#9 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:35 am

All my holiday events are over, so I decided I could finally pull the trigger on the Dell S2721DGF monitor. Pre-Xmas they must have been getting slammed, as shipping estimates were for the end of January. Now they estimated delivery for next week, so seemed like a good time to buy.

I resisted the urge to splurge on the Steam sale and only picked up Slay the Spire. I've been enjoying mainly playing Apex Legends as of late; it's nice to log on and have a go-to game because it's fun and not because I feel like I need to complete something. Think in 2021 I'm going to try to play what I have more and pick up less new stuff.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
jschligs
General Manager

Post#10 » by jschligs » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:13 am

Sauce Boss wrote:All my holiday events are over, so I decided I could finally pull the trigger on the Dell S2721DGF monitor. Pre-Xmas they must have been getting slammed, as shipping estimates were for the end of January. Now they estimated delivery for next week, so seemed like a good time to buy.

I resisted the urge to splurge on the Steam sale and only picked up Slay the Spire. I've been enjoying mainly playing Apex Legends as of late; it's nice to log on and have a go-to game because it's fun and not because I feel like I need to complete something. Think in 2021 I'm going to try to play what I have more and pick up less new stuff.

The new rig is looking ****ing awesome man! Hope you're enjoying it!

I have the Dell S2716DG which is a few years older than the one you got and I love it. 27", 2k, 144hz. Dell makes amazing monitors.

I'm actually torn on what monitor to get next. I have the Dell and then a Samsung CH7032 32" 2k 144hz curved which I love, but I'm not sure if I should go ultrawide or not.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#11 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:40 am

jschligs wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:All my holiday events are over, so I decided I could finally pull the trigger on the Dell S2721DGF monitor. Pre-Xmas they must have been getting slammed, as shipping estimates were for the end of January. Now they estimated delivery for next week, so seemed like a good time to buy.

I have the Dell S2716DG which is a few years older than the one you got and I love it. 27", 2k, 144hz. Dell makes amazing monitors.

I'm actually torn on what monitor to get next. I have the Dell and then a Samsung CH7032 32" 2k 144hz curved which I love, but I'm not sure if I should go ultrawide or not.

Ultrawide always sounds good in theory, but simply put too few games support it for me to consider it. A former co-worker of mine had an ultrawide and he'd get big vertical black bars to make up the space on games that don't support it and that's just kind of an ugly deal breaker for me. Reminds me of playing an older game that was made in 4:3 on 16:9 and it ain't pretty. My vote would be to pass and get something that's more traditional and has the software support.

If you need a new one, the monitor I bought is currently one of the top three recommendations from Hardware Unboxed for 1440p displays. If it's not a big enough upgrade and you value deeper blacks you could go crazy and get the Samsung Odyssey G7. I don't think I'd like the huge curve or VA panel, but it's pretty subjective and some people really dig it.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
jschligs
General Manager

Post#12 » by jschligs » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:06 am

Sauce Boss wrote:
jschligs wrote:

Ultrawide always sounds good in theory, but simply put too few games support it for me to consider it. A former co-worker of mine had an ultrawide and he'd get big vertical black bars to make up the space on games that don't support it and that's just kind of an ugly deal breaker for me. Reminds me of playing an older game that was made in 4:3 on 16:9 and it ain't pretty. My vote would be to pass and get something that's more traditional and has the software support.

If you need a new one, the monitor I bought is currently one of the top three recommendations from Hardware Unboxed for 1440p displays. If it's not a big enough upgrade and you value deeper blacks you could go crazy and get the Samsung Odyssey G7. I don't think I'd like the huge curve or VA panel, but it's pretty subjective and some people really dig it.

I absolutely love my Samsung 32" curved monitor....when it works. There is a known issue where it takes a while to "warm up" and their support is horrendous. I'm scared to test the waters again. The picture on Samsung monitors is insane. Good to hear your thoughts on the ultrawides, I've heard most new games do support it, but I play a lot of older ones too. I'll have to keep doing my research.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#13 » by ClassicJack » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:55 am

I finally got my PS5 Saturday and sent my PS3 to the closet but after downloading all of my PS4 save files to the PS5 I've found that the PS4 has become worthless and I still want to play Fight Night, Tiger Woods Masters, NBA Jam, etc. My PS3 doesn't play blu rays but neither do I anymore. I'm Sony's bitch when it comes to gaming consoles but them just now joining the backwards compatibility party is a travesty. PS3 is coming out of the closet and I'll probably be playing it forever while the PS4 is officially dead to me.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#14 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm

Immortals Fenyx Rising is down to $30 at Best Buy. AC Valhalla is $35 and Watch Dogs is $30. Ubisoft gonna Ubisoft.

Anyways, DB, you can price match in BB chat. I got $10.70 back.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,952

Post#15 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:13 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Immortals Fenyx Rising is down to $30 at Best Buy. AC Valhalla is $35 and Watch Dogs is $30. Ubisoft gonna Ubisoft.

Anyways, DB, you can price match in BB chat. I got $10.70 back.

That's funny. Right before I entered this thread I ordered AC: Valhalla from Walmart with pickup. I rolled the credits on Hades today and needed something new to check out.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#16 » by WRau1 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:03 pm

I luckily was browsing Amazon when I was notified PS5s were in stock, a solid minute before the tweets went out. Finally got one.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#17 » by skones » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:20 pm

*Buys PS5 after not having a PlayStation system since PS2. Immediately buys FF7R and pumps 20 hours into it*

So yeah, having a lot of feelings even if I'm late to the party.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,952

Post#18 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:29 pm

I don't get why I'm so bad at Doom/Doom Eternal. I'm on one of the lower difficulty levels and I'm still just complete trash.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#19 » by machu46 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:45 pm

I bought Hades and am having a devil of a time but I can definitely see why people say it’s so addictive. Think I’ve had like 15 runs so far and finally made it to Elysium for the first time. Feels pretty accomplished after dying to that hydra snake thing a handful of times already.

trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#20 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:40 am

God I wish we could @ people.

StickeeFingaz wrote:(something from the old thread)

Were you who asked me about Immortals about a week back? I finally got back to it today and put about another 5 hours in, and yeah, I'm still loving it. I think it's a great deal at $30, and I would have been totally fine still paying $40 for it.

It's certainly not AAA. It lacks a little polish, but I agree with most of the thoughts around the interwebs that the game is just...fun. I'm appreciating the comedy in the narrative as it's a bit of a breath of fresh air that it's a game that doesn't take itself too seriously, but the mechanics are also surprisingly good. And not overly complex. I don't feel like I have to grind for 10 hours to do something.

There's always something to do on the map, so if you want to do it you can. But you don't have to, and you can just go do the story if you want to. The world is beautiful. Obviously the graphics are not realistic, and the character models are subpar, but the style of graphics they use they excel at.

It is puzzle-heavy, so if it's a turnoff to you (it is not for me), then you should heed DB's advice and look elsewhere. The thing I find most tedious is the open world mechanic of going to a high point to scout the map. Once scouted, you (optionally) can use a binoculars-like mechanic to search the area for sparkly points or whatever you want to call it, then you hold R2 to reveal whatever icon it is (resource, puzzle, etc.). Honestly, it feels horrible. You have to mouse over something for it to sparkle, then you tinker to find the exact pixel you need to be on, then hold R2. But that said, you do it like 6 total times in the game - once for each area. It takes under 5 minutes and is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Let me know if you have questions about the game. As of now - about 10 hours in - I think it's a no-brainer at $30 or $40 for an open world, go-anywhere, action-adventure game. Light-hearted story, no fetch quests, free reign to do as you please.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks